The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's an appropriate black fascinator, and I like the dress though not perhaps all the buttons. However, overall, I'm impressed by this look, and Harry in his white uniform is not bad either!

Last edited:
It's an expensive appropriate headpiece. I don't think you have your happy hats and solemn hats. You wear what looks appropriate for the event.

She looks great! She honestly looks like she got some sun. Her skin looks about the color of peanut butter.

I don't mind the hat (even though I am not a fans of fascinators, want to see more brimmed hat from her). But not sure about the dress.[-] I thought these white dots are buttons, but they look like printed white dots......? [/-](I saw some better photos and they are actually buttons.) That length looks nice on her though.

Last edited:
Absolutely love Megsies look for the Cockatoo Island engagement . Love the sunnies and the white blazer

Last edited:
Yes..very nice cool look.

LaRae

I think what I like best about the outfit going to Cockatoo Island is that both Harry and Meghan are wearing their Invictus Games shirts.

Have to throw in the remark that a lot of newlyweds take pride is wearing matching shirts. It gets old quick but I think we can give Meghan a pass this time. :D

Megan looks good. I like the blazer and the sunglasses. And, yes, the matching IG t-shirts!

Really like the design on the blazer. Cool twist on a traditional look.

Like the shirt for IG.

Love the sunglasses on her, although not something I'd be caught dead in.

Meghan is in Stella McCartney and Gillian Anderson.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am more and more inclined to believe that all her best British pieces were saved for this tour. She'll start repeating sooner than expected, I think. Probably right after they get home. (Well if the dresses still fit by then haha)

There are discussions going on among the fashion blogs if the dress is a repeat of the cape dress she wore to HMQ's birthday concert.

There are discussions going on among the fashion blogs if the dress is a repeat of the cape dress she wore to HMQ's birthday concert.

Ah okay, didn't really look yet aside from your pic - I thought that was the Winser coat(?) haha

Just going by the repping of British fashion houses and attention to sourcing not only local but also meaningful brands. The attention is reminiscent of her pre-wedding wardrobe.

Meghan in Emilia Wickstead dress and Philip Treacy hat for the embargoed ANZAC memorial occasion. Rest (shoes, clutch, jewelry) are repeats. Actually the Treacy hat is also a repeat from Charlie's wedding.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/6c84cbd76bf41b2e8f3478c34ea7a398

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp6AqzRWoAAOnSD.jpg

She looks stunning - George needs to be retained full-time. I know he is super sought-after, but he is legitimately the only one who knows how to handle her hair the right way.

I love the black dress. I find it very elegant and beautiful.

She looks like a movie star in this photo Axeyman -

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp6uhu3X4AAxACl?format=jpg&name=orig

Oops, what did I just say! :lol:

Love the look. She looks great. Beautiful jacket.

Ah okay, didn't really look yet aside from your pic - I thought that was the Winser coat(?) haha

Just going by the repping of British fashion houses and attention to sourcing not only local but also meaningful brands. The attention is reminiscent of her pre-wedding wardrobe.

It is. That's why I was wording it carefully because I haven't seen the dress yet.

Last edited:
Love the white blazer and team shirts. Too bad about the black heels with the bows though, they look silly in the action shots. Her hair looks great.
Can’t really tell about the navy outfit but looks like she is wearing sapphire drop earrings, I hope?

I think this Stella McCartney dress is my favorite thing she has ever worn and I am so happy to see it again. I have a weakness for caped dresses. I have often wished Meghan would incorporate more color into her wardrobe, but I have come to accept that that is really not her style and begun to enjoy the clothing she is wearing.

Looks nice, though I am not sure I have been able to ahve a good look at the dress yet.

Pranter's link above is still working for me Fros.

And dress is correct - just confirmed by Oz media a few minutes ago.

Here's a photo from the school of Meghan in the dress Fros -

https://imageresizer.static9.net.au...~/media/2da3defe871e4c3fb98eb818b8f85507.ashx

I really like this dress on Meghan.

Meghan in Emilia Wickstead dress and Philip Treacy hat for the embargoed ANZAC memorial occasion. Rest (shoes, clutch, jewelry) are repeats. Actually the Treacy hat is also a repeat from Charlie's wedding.

https://cdn.newsapi.com.au/image/v1/6c84cbd76bf41b2e8f3478c34ea7a398

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Dp6AqzRWoAAOnSD.jpg

She looks stunning - George needs to be retained full-time. I know he is super sought-after, but he is legitimately the only one who knows how to handle her hair the right way.

Very elegant and event appropriate. When she gets it right, she gets it really right, and to me, this is one of those times!

I think this Stella McCartney dress is my favorite thing she has ever worn and I am so happy to see it again. I have a weakness for caped dresses. I have often wished Meghan would incorporate more color into her wardrobe, but I have come to accept that that is really not her style and begun to enjoy the clothing she is wearing.

Is it the same Stella dress from the Queen's birthday celebration? The one from that night seems like a lighter shade of blue. I could be wrong and it was just lighting. However, I did love that Stella dress from the birthday celebration.

Can’t really tell about the navy outfit but looks like she is wearing sapphire drop earrings, I hope?

I posted the ID in the jewelry thread. And yes, it's sapphire. :flowers:

Looks nice, though I am not sure I have been able to ahve a good look at the dress yet.
Given the weather, I don't think we'll get a clear shot of just the dress. :bang: Don't believe she took off the coat all night. Harry put on his jacket once they are sitting down for the opening ceremony as well.

I'm sorry to say this, but I don't like this look. It just seems too 'buttoned up'. With the buttons going all way up to the neck, it looks really uncomfortable. EW really needs to know when to STOP with the over design of her garments.

Edited to Add: I completely understand that this is a somber event, and I actually don't mind the all black, it just the ultra high neck, almost turtle neck look with the buttons that is throwing me off.

I think the dress works for this event because it's that buttoned up of an event with the men in military uniform. However, I doubt EW is marketing this as memorial dress. In that case, you are right, it would be too buttoned up for anything else.

Last edited:
I love the outfits from the past couple of days. I did a double-take at the mention of Gillian Anderson! Google reveals that Agent Scully is indeed designing clothes now.

Love the casual look on Cockatoo. Especially he great blazer. Love she wore the Invictus shirt. :flowers:

My only complaint is the shoes. Great shoes and british designer brand but wrong event. I would like a more casual shoe for the look and event.

Her evening look is one of her best. I love both pieces :flowers:

Hadn't realized that Gilian was either a designer or British until now (dual).

Last edited:
Love the casual look on Cockatoo. Especially he great blazer. Love she wore the Invictys shirt. :flowers:

My only complaint is the shoes. Great shoes and britishbdesigner brand but wrong event. I would like a more casual shoe for the look and event.

Her evening look is one of her best. I love both pieces :flowers:

Hadn't realized that Gilian was either a designer or British until now (dual).

Yeah, I did a double take at the shoes also. To me, her Rothys would have worked better with the outfit. But overall, I love her casual look yesterday.

Is it the same Stella dress from the Queen's birthday celebration? The one from that night seems like a lighter shade of blue. I could be wrong and it was just lighting. However, I did love that Stella dress from the birthday celebration.

Welp...it looks like it is the same dress. I looked at the dress in different lighting, and it seems to be the same one. Good job Megs on the recycling.

i really like the 3 blue dresses she wore on the first 3 days, the simple cut was very flattering but it is a shame that they were very alike - same colour, same cut, same length... a bit of variety would have been cheerful for meghan's first tour.

i wasn't a fan of the olive green dress by brandon maxwell. i usually love what he does but the colour was not at all flattering on meghan (or, let's admit it, almost anyone!). the martin grant jumpsuit is a good idea on paper, but seeing that lovely draping of the legs dragging against the sand was heartbreaking. would have looked good with high heels in a normal solid floor kind of event.

whoever did meghan's hair on anzac day and on the day in sydney she wore the blue roksanda dress should be kept. he/she did beautifully.

(..)

Meghan is a beautiful woman (..)

But, I will admit that I am experiencing black and navy fatigue. When I get excited about a brown and white striped maxi dress I have to laugh a bit. She's playing it very, very safe, and I'd love to see her in some of the colors she has worn so well earlier this year. Blush pink, or yellow, or even cobalt blue. They look so wonderful on her.

At this point, with the latest Stella McCartney repeat I can't think of much to say. She is lovely. It's navy (or black). She looks appropriate to the occasion. It was a safe choice. I wonder what CP Mary or Queen Leti are up to?

Dare I say that Meghan has a little bump starting to show? :D
She's been looking lovely throughout the Australia tour so far, though I knew she wouldn't disappoint as even if she has a preference for darker and more neutral colours, she always looks wonderful wherever she goes.

I have to admit that while I am not a fan of Stella McCartney, I loved that gorgeous Caped dress. It made Meghan look so elegant and sophisticated and it is a distinct pleasure to see it again and think it must have been either quite elegantly roomy or have an elastic content to make it roomy enough not to be uncomfortably tight, not least across the bustline.

That was the first thing that I noticed changing with Meghan and made me absolutely certain that she was pregnant. I remember the pretty dress where the top button had come undone and we were treated to a little black lace (gasp!!). Her bust hasn't been that small for a long time.

But, back to last night's ensemble. The Gillian Anderson Swing Coat is a beautifully lightweight wool and absolutely gorgeous. I looked at her collection and there wasn't one thing that Meghan wouldn't look terrific in, but back to coat. I have always been a fan of swing coats and in winter when we are bundled up, the swing coat has a line that moves and is so feminine.

https://www.winserlondon.com/gillian-anderson-wool-swing-coat.html

A fashion expert on my ABC TV this morning said that Meghan has worn 6 Australian designers so far, and 2 New Zealand designers. The black dress worn to the War Memorial yesterday was by a NZ designer.
The black jeans worn to Cockatoo Island was by a New York designer.

A commentator on tv a few days ago said that some Australian designers were asked to send some clothes to KP several months ago for Meghan to chose from.

Emilia Wickstead was born in New Zealand and based in London. ABC this morning had a fashion expert on who said Meghan has worn Australian designers 6 times and NZ designers twice on this tour.

Back
Top Bottom