The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought all the blogs were saying it's the cape dress under the coat?

It's actually the cape dress. There is a picture where she is shaking someone's hand, and you can see the the hanging parts of the cape dress under the coat.

I thought all the blogs were saying it's the cape dress under the coat?

If it's the cape dress it's hard to tell.

The cape part that Pranter said was badly done and looks like a nun, I was pointing out wasn't a cape ir part if the dress, but a coat over her shoulders. Pranter seems to think the white blazer earlier in the day was the Gillian Anderson coat which it isn't.

Gillian aknowledged Meghan wearing her coat

Nah the black dress bores me. I had hoped the skirt would have been more fun, with a bit more movement in it.

I'm impressed by how many black dresses she has...not in a bad way. She might have lots of different cuts and fabrics you could find on black dresses, even though it's black most of the times, she sure has variety when it comes to design. Wish I had that many too, I love black dresses, they are sexy, classic too and black is a "magical" color for those not thin like Meghan (it "hides" shapes)

She does wear a nice variety of designs/cuts. Like I said- I like what she’s worn.

It’s just a bit redundant with so many back to back events. I know she like neutrals. She wears them well. But- I hope she throws in a couple of other colors that we’ve seen her wear- light pink, yellow, for instance.

Last edited:
She does wear a nice variety of designs/cuts. Like I said- I like what she’s worn.

It’s just a bit redundant with so many back to back events. As another poster put it- what she wears blurs together a bit. I know she like neutrals. She wears them well. But- I hope she throws in a couple of other colors that we’ve seen her wear- light pink, yellow, for instance.
True. We know that she likes neutral colors and no prints, but I have a feeling we will see some bright color for her Fiji and Tonga visits. I just can't picture her being in black among Tonga ladies with floral dresses and traditional dance.

Somehow she reminds me of Angelina Jolie who is famous for wearing mostly black clothes, and beige from time to time.

Just to make it clear, I have no problem with individual pieces she has worn, they’ve all been appropriate.

But as you say, it is redundant, as well as repetitive and lacks visual distinction needed for such a packed tour where events all blur together anyway.

Had she worn these same clothes over a period of 5 months back in the UK, I would have no problem with them.

IA with you. She looks nice. Individually, I’ve liked most of what she’s worn. But- put together as a whole, the lack of “visual distinction” as you put it, is notable on a tour like this.

Also, while I haven’t cared what designers she’s worn, it is nice that she’s worn a lot of UK and local brands on this trip.

If it's the cape dress it's hard to tell.

The cape part that Pranter said was badly done and looks like a nun, I was pointing out wasn't a cape ir part if the dress, but a coat over her shoulders. Pranter seems to think the white blazer earlier in the day was the Gillian Anderson coat which it isn't.

Gillian aknowledged Meghan wearing her coat

I never said anything about the white coat. I have only been talking about the cape (McCartney) dress. It has been ID as such shortly after she was seen in it.

LaRae

ι тнιnĸ ѕнe looĸѕ greaт and all нer cнoιceѕ нave вeen approprιaтe and appealιng. ιғ yoυ wanт color wнy noт go тo ĸaтe or тнe qυeenѕ ғaѕнιon thread

It's actually the cape dress. There is a picture where she is shaking someone's hand, and you can see the the hanging parts of the cape dress under the coat.

Yes, in certain pictures you can see the cape part of the dress. I too questioned the identification from the first photos, because for sure the coat draped over her shoulders had sleeves!

True. We know that she likes neutral colors and no prints, but I have a feeling we will see some bright color for her Fiji and Tonga visits. I just can't picture her being in black among Tonga ladies with floral dresses and traditional dance.

Somehow she reminds me of Angelina Jolie who is famous for wearing mostly black clothes, and beige from time to time.
Interesting you should say this. I live in Barbados which has a similar climate to Fiji and Tonga. We have the same zika issue and it is recommended to wear light coloured clothing as darker colours attract mosquitos. Although in Meghan's case...that could mean wearing mostly white.

People also have to realize that she's at a stage where her body changes by the day. I think even in the few days they've been there, we've seen an obvious change in her bump. It's difficult to plan ahead in cases like that, and dark colors are far easier to camouflage if things are fitting a little differently. Obviously she doesn't have to hide the bump anymore, but there is really no telling how that bump is going to grow ahead of time.

Actually, I just posted on this very issue in the main trip thread as WHO has published updated guidelines for Fiji and Tonga with respect to the zika virus. Seems the risk is now lower than was previously thought.

It's not a caped dress. She is wearing two separate pieces. It's a coat designed by Gillian Anderson for the Windser London clothing line.

In black and white. Reusing pieces.

http://meghansmirror.com/royal-styl...ry-attend-invictus-games-reception-in-sydney/

Australian jeans and purse (Oraton). Shoes her go to aquazura whose designer is London raised and educated.

I love the jacket but I don't like it with the turtleneck.

Have we seen this dress?
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2018/10/21/11/5250580-6299155-image-a-18_1540118243907.jpg

Apparently it's from an event on Sunday night.

The black dress is absolutely beautiful and divine. One of her best looks.

Maroon!!! LOL I'm almost giddy at color!

LaRae

Maroon!!! LOL I'm almost giddy at color!

LaRae

Yeah! I was pretty excited to see it too. Lol

I’m glad she broke things up a bit color wise. The polka dots are nice and different too.

LOL. I'm trying to keep my composure at the sheer giddiness of seeing the DoS in color and polka dots.

BTW...it appears she is wearing flat sandals also.

Waiting to see a full on clear pic of her....but I love the color and pattern from what l can see so far.

LaRae

Great pic of her on the pier....and I really like this dress on her.

LaRae

Now I'm just waiting for a resurgence of the popularity of polka dots around the world. :D

Now I'm just waiting for a resurgence of the popularity of polka dots around the world. :D

Lord help us all! Catherine wore polka dots last week at her engagement with Prince William, so I now fear we're going to have polka-dot hell coming!

That Wu dress is kinda meh for me...nothing that interesting.

LaRae

I'm not crazy about polka dots, but I love this color on Meghan! It's so pretty on her, and to make it even better, she's wearing flat sandals with it. Love the entire look, and I hope she wears that shade of burgundy often, it is definitely her color.

Ah, finally HRH Duchess Meghan in red! It just required some patience. :lol:

I'd been asking for red, and it seems like Duchess Meghan answered. ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom