The Duchess of Sussex's Maternity Fashion: October 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BOOM! Now that's a look. Beautiful and glamorous. Love the overall look here.

Seems like she is wearing Diana's bracelet that she wore on the Australian tour.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sparkling, elegant simplicity. I love that dress and I can imagine that it looked wonderful to see in person as she moved. :flowers:

She looks beautiful and I love the color of her lipstick. I do wish she would have eased up on the blush...it looks a little too heavy.

The midnight blue dress is gorgeous & I love her hair like that. She looks very elegant this evening, which is perfect for the occasion.

I adore this look on Megan, because it's similar to one of my favourite looks of Victoria:

Princess Victoria Photos Photos - Nobel Prize Award Ceremony 2011 - Zimbio

(If the link doesn't work, then search Victoria's 2011 Nobel Prize dress)

It seems I have a thing for sparkly blue dresses.

Very similar looks. I also like this shiny, dark-blue silhouette on pregnant women. I think it is a classic look that stands the test of time. If that RM dress can be adjusted, (which I'm sure it can be given that garments in this price range are made to be taken in or released by at least 2-3 dress sizes), I'm sure this is one piece that could be recycled for years to come.

She looks great! I thought that she would wear a black dress, but it's deep blue! LOVE!

BTW, that dress reminds me of the dress Crown Princess Vctoria wore when she was pregnant with Estelle at the Nobel Prize.
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/Princess+Victoria+Nobel+Prize+Award+Ceremony+0yZFy08vlV3l.jpg

I adore this look on Megan, because it's similar to one of my favourite looks of Victoria:

Princess Victoria Photos Photos - Nobel Prize Award Ceremony 2011 - Zimbio

(If the link doesn't work, then search Victoria's 2011 Nobel Prize dress)

It seems I have a thing for sparkly blue dresses.

Ha, was thinking exactly the same. Was instantly reminded of Vic's look. Gorgeous on both ladies. ?

This thread has had a clean-up. The inappropriate "dirty hair"- discussion has been removed, as well as a number of rude comments. It should be possible to discuss fashion without attacking each other, being unfair and snarky! Further arguments will be deleted without notice!

The navy evening dress is a hit - her makeup looks great. A good maternity look and she is glowing.

I love Meghan's outfit for visiting Mayhew. I actually love the fit of the dress. I also love her gown for the cirque du soleil performance.

The cream ensemble and the sparkly navy dress do look great on Meghan.
Monochrome suits Meghan best.
I like the up do for the circus. A little less shine in her blush could work.
Harry looks smart too.

The blush is a little heavy handed, but the Roland Mouret dress is gorgeous. Meghan looks beautiful, and I especially like the neckline and draping in the front. Lovely dress.

Now that is a stunning look! Meghan's hair is gorgeous and I really love the dress. I was expecting a back to black look and instead there was this beautiful blue creation. Like her lipstick too.

I don't really see the comparison, skinny jeans/jeggings are tight on anyone. Meghan has chosen to wear a dress that is tight fitted on her body.

Meghan looks nice, I appreciate the wearing of H&M, a high street Spanish based retailer. The coat is clearly a wardrobe staple piece for her.

I would have much preferred if we had seen the cream coat with the purple dress, and the red coat with this cream dress. It would have elevated both outfits so well.

Swedish, not Spanish.?

It is interesting that Meghan wore such vivid colors a couple days ago and was again so neutral (although light colors rather than dark!) in today's appearance. I agree some mix and match of the pieces would have worked well.

The fitted maternity fashion is a modern aesthetic. Most of the young women I work with have dressed that way when they have been pregnant. They don't want to hide their blossoming figure.

Nobody wore long evening dress, except Meghan. Somebody misunderstood this event's dress-code.

Nobody wore long evening dress, except Meghan. Somebody misunderstood this event's dress-code.

Yes I did find that interesting when I saw them arrive. I thought Henry was woefully under-dressed compared to his wife and I realised actually it was the opposite. Whilst I appreciate this was at the RHA, compared to the outfit she wore to Hamilton they’re worlds apart and similar event for the same reasons.

Swedish, not Spanish.?

Silly me, I’m getting mixed with with Mango! No idea why, haha :)

I really liked the evening ensemble, it’s a lovely dress and fits her well. The make up was off for me, I really didn’t like the heavy application of foundation and the lipstick colour was off. I really don’t like her hair pulled back like that, I’ve said it before it just looks too severe and she does very little with it when it’s pulled back.

It's a basic, sequin dress and I don't get excited by these anymore. I agree that her make-up isn't the best. Her lipstick really doesn't match what she is wearing.

Regarding the cream dress: Meghan is at the stage where what fit last night might not fit this morning. I remember having a whole bunch of dresses tossed aside while I tried to find something to wear for my husband’s art opening, some of which I had purchased less than a week before. So she gets a pass from me on her dress, which was only marginally snug.

And as for wearing tights/panty hose/stockings: Good luck trying to wrestle
your pregnant belly, hips, thighs and bottom into a stretchy, skin tight pair of those things! Just because Meghan is a slim, yoga-toned young woman, it doesn’t mean that it’s easy or even possible to do, especially without tearing the flimsy nylon material.

She looks exceptionally beautiful tonight in her navy sparkles.

The pantyhose thing is not a major issue, IMO, because as we've seen every time the issue comes up on this board, there is so much variation in what's considered appropriate according to age, region of the world, the formality of the event, etc. The Mayhew visit was not a formal event by any stretch of the imagination. If Meghan didn't feel like squishing her pregnant body into pantyhose that was probably a wise decision, considering that she was going to be interacting with animals, and it was a short visit anyhow. In a joint appearance with the Queen, I'd be very surprised if she didn't wear pantyhose or tights.

While I think the navy evening dress is beautiful and fits her perfectly, it does look like it might be a very heavy dress. That combined with the rather heavy handed makeup might have left her very overheated because I've seen a few pictures where her makeup looks really off and it appears that she's sweating. So while the dress is gorgeous I'm not sure that it made for the most comfortable evening.

she looks great in both outfits today,the little dress was it tight but come on she is heavely pregnant and fitting clothes will be a problem:D

she needed better mke up this evening though

For all of us wondering about Meghan's lack of tights and seemingly dressing in a less wintry fashion, well...let's hear her own side of things. She seems to be saying that winters in Canada are colder...IMO...that along with her pregnancy appears to be why Meghan isn't as bundled up for the UK winter.

Last edited:
I'm not sure why people are so concerned if Meghan is dressing warm enough. I'm sure she knows better than any of us if she's warm enough. :lol: Besides, if it's really THAT cold, tights aren't going to do much. Better stick to pants.

Back
Top Bottom