The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 12: December 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do like this suit especially the pleated detail in the skirt. Interesting colour as well.

^^^^^ I couldn't agree more. She really is an inspiration to women, say . . . over sixty, that you can ring the changes and still look attractive.

An inspiration to women over 60 who have exceedingly wealthy husbands, perhaps?

An inspiration to women over 60 who have exceedingly wealthy husbands, perhaps?

And women over 60 who also have their own money :)

To be fair, she does generally dress well & we know from seeing the ghastly outfits that some other wealthy royal/celebrity women wear that it isn't just about money. For example, there are a couple of charity shops in a local town where the shop people put together lovely outfits on the models in the windows. They really do look good & they use accessories with flair. In contrast, I know some women with large budgets who are quite clueless about styling or what suits them.

And women over 60 who also have their own money :)

Touché! Her clothes are always appropriate, but usually rather boring. I do think she could be more stylish, all things considered.

Touché! Her clothes are always appropriate, but usually rather boring. I do think she could be more stylish, all things considered.

Frankly i do think she simply doesn't care. The key word is indeed "appropriate", and she's obviously comfortable with it ...

The duchess looks the part and knows what suits her best,she doesn't need to be edgy and looks comfortable in what she wears .

I've not seen the green outfit worn in Belfast before I also noticed the shamrock brooch which is always nice to see.

Two lovely outfits for Camilla. She always knows how to look smart and professional.

The duchess looks the part and knows what suits her best,she doesn't need to be edgy and looks comfortable in what she wears .

I've not seen the green outfit worn in Belfast before I also noticed the shamrock brooch which is always nice to see.

I loved the way she wore the Shamrock brooch and how it didn't fade in too the background.

As to the comments about the having a deal the husband, she was hardly impoverished before her marriage. The point I was trying to make is that generally her daywear is relatable. Cost is not an issue when you have half a dozen options beside Camilla's many, many more.

It is not a money issue but a style issue.

I don't find a single thing wrong with Camilla's style. She is heading in to her senior years, she is comfortable with who she is, and she dresses in an attractive, but definitively non-trendy way. Fashion is obviously not driving her choices, she's got more important things on her mind, like keeping up with her "Action Man" husband.

I don't love everything she wears, but I admire her commitment to recycling, comfort, and serene elegance.

^^^^^ You are correct. Many of her clothing choices will be found in wardrobes around the western world. The fabric will not perhaps be as pricey nor the shoes hand made, but their classic designs will be there for all to see.

The early boomers were the last of a way of life that screams "Green". Fashion had two 'seasons', Spring/Summer and Autumn/Winter and the clothes were made in the UK by people paid a decent wage unlike today's 'Fast Fashion' made by contractors in the third world for a pittance.

And that is why tartan suits appear all over the world and re-emerge each winter. And Camilla has made it commonplace and that allows women all over the world to wear their "Recycled" clothing with pride.

The Duchess of Cornwall elegant in white on day 1 of the state visit from the USA today, June 3:

** Full view ** Full view 2 **

Last edited:
Other than the short leather gloves the duchess looked very elegant and a great colour too.

Funny how we all see things differently. I loved the gloves, they were the cherry on top so to speak.

Camilla looked very elegant, although I'm the fence about the gloves and the shoes. With a stark white, I think I might have preferred navy or black, but the dress and hat are perfection.

Well I always love her short gloves;). She is one of the few ladies who looks natural with gloves.

Always looking great in formal.

Camilla looked very elegant, although I'm the fence about the gloves and the shoes. With a stark white, I think I might have preferred navy or black, but the dress and hat are perfection.

With dark gloves, she would need different shoes (and handbag?) as well. The gloves coordindated with her shoes.

With dark gloves, she would need different shoes (and handbag?) as well. The gloves coordindated with her shoes.

I'm aware of that, I was suggesting that I might have liked different gloves and shoes. Or perhaps not, gloves are tricky enough as it is. And, yes, different handbag as well.

Camilla looks fantastic on both occasions. Whilst her second dress does remind me a lot of my aunt's tablecloth, she looks lovely nevertheless and always rocks polka-dots.

From all the sometimes fabulous Oldfield's creations, this is maybe the less successful : looks a bit saggy and the body part looks like something to calm back pains ...

Perfect dress and this beautiful tiara she is used to wear !

I'm not a fan of this dress..it is not at all flattering on Camilla.

LaRae

The bodice of the dress seems ill-fitting, but somehow Camilla still looks dare I say, radiant? She wears bling so well!

To me, the Duchess of Cornwall's clothes are very "County Set" and I presume that it is her style from years back and that her clothes are affordable. I love the day outfit for the first day of this American SV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom