The Duchess of Cambridge's Eveningwear Part 9: November 2018 - November 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Duchess of Cambridge, patron of 100 Women in Finance's Philanthropic Initiatives, attends a Gala Dinner in aid of ‘Mentally Healthy Schools’ at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London :

*Full View*

Catherine is wearing Gucci this evening.

Shoes are Oscar De La Renta and handbag is Prada.

Last edited:
The Duchess of Cambridge, patron of 100 Women in Finance's Philanthropic Initiatives, attends a Gala Dinner in aid of ‘Mentally Healthy Schools’ at the Victoria and Albert Museum, London :

*Full View*

Catherine is wearing Gucci this evening.

Not sure about this! The top part looks so tight.

Loved the gown she wore to the BAFTAs and thought she looked stunning.

Sooo beautiful!! Sooo elegant!! Sooo everything tonight the Duchess!!!!

Love the color of the dress and her hair. But it looks so tight on her chest!!!

The shoes are the same she wore on the BAFTA's I think.

Oh dear, not a look I like I am afraid. The deeper band on top is just awkward and I think these colors truly wash her out. The dress has great movement and its possible just looks more washed out in photos.

I would have liked this more in one solid color with a belt for the contrast. Her hair is also not a favorite style.

Two foreign designers in one day! I think Kate has only worn Gucci maybe once before? Also given the recent controversy, not sure about her wearing both D&G and Gucci...

Last edited:
She looks gorgeous, but that dress needs a necklace, imo.
Still, I love the swirl of the skirt.

I like it from the waist down. The top is atrocious.

Her chest is as flat as a pancake in this and I don't like the burgundy belt, it looks like it's not meant to be there.

This dress on Catherine reminds me of salmon. I'm not overly keen.

Last edited:
To me the dress is divine from the waist down but I don’t like the top. It looks like she’s wearing a band around her arms and chest. The effect would have been much nicer if they’d just continued on the top what they did on the bottom.

I love this dress for its floaty quality & the shades are very pretty. The tight fit on top isn't flattering her figure at all.

I love everything about this dress except the darker bands across the chest. If those had been in the lighter color, this dress would have been one of my favorites, but as it is they appear constricting and downright uncomfortable. It's an illusion, but it totally changes the look of the dress. Aside from that, the colors are gorgeous, and the soft and floating skirt is wonderful. So close!

I really like the overall look the Duchess has chosen. I can see the top half seems way too tight. I hope it wasn't uncomfortable for her to breath.
These floaty skirt styles give her a Princessy feel. She must feel great wearing them.

Also Gucci and D&G on the same day? Oy.

I love the skirt down...great color and floaty style which she wears so well. The bodice I am not a fan of...if they had done an ombre type effect starting with the banding and then continuing down to the skirt I think it would of worked...but that criss cross on the chest (that looks like bandages women would wear to contain their breasts before good bras were around) is just very unfortunate.

I understand everything is a repeat except the gown itself...and my my perhaps some solidarity with other duchesses in the family who have been knocked for wearing 'foreign' labels...Kate has had a day of international labels!

LaRae

Kate does prefer these floaty evening gowns esp from the lower half. I agree with other posters that the top looks off to a degree. The neckline and wrapping reminds me of her Jenny Packham midnight gown that she loved so much but unfortunately this piece does not have the same success as that JP gown.

I hate pink... but color me I love with this dress.. perfect color scheme right before valentines’s day.

Now.. not thrilled about the influx of foreign brands today! But since for her it is an exception to the rule i’ll Let it skip.

But damn!! I admit it, if I were gay i’d Go bonkers for her in that outfit.
The dress is well fitted.. not too tight not overly loose. The earring are lovely!
I loved the white gown from The BAFTA.. but this one is far superior IMO. I think it’s the draping if various shades of pink: and I really do like the added velvet belt... (what is wrong with me today, loving both pink and velvet - two of my lost hateful things in the world).
Also: Hello dr. hunt!!! That is a fine looking man!

And I have a blouse that is of similar color and sketch as the woman with the blond hair, pink skirt and black top .. it’’s actually a bit scary! It’s the exact same color and sketch!

It could be a beautiful dress, but the top is a big no for me. Too tight and the color bands wash her out.

I agree with all your comment top bit is a no no ....waist down is lovely

I dig it, though I would have preferred the top to be either fully pink or white.

Its a bit tight on the chest but the duchess still looks radiant tonight.

There is no doubt that this is a beautiful gown and the skirts just like the white one, are beautiful and romantic without being OTT. However, the top of this gown is just plain horrid with the darker pink bust minimiser bandage style and the cream part around the neck. It seems a mish-mash of styles up there and, sadly had the promise of the skirt been fulfilled in the top, I would have liked it. A lot. But it didn't. So I don't.

I like Kate's dress for this evening, but I agree with those that find the bodice too snug. The burgundy band of velvet between the bodice & skirt and the clutch are beautiful accents of color with this dress.

I like the dress okay, but it does nothing for her girls. Also, she's jutting her head like a turtle basking in the sun. Makeup is good. Hair is okay.

I love that it's not all over salmon and that there is some cream/white to break it up, so she avoids the color washing her out. I love most things about this dress with the exception of the bandeau-esque top. It's too tight

Not a fan, other posters have already pointed out that the top part is off, not liking the color either.

I love the skirt but hate to see it dragging on the ground. The bodice is just hideous - the color, the banding, the fit, everything. I wish the ribbon belt was just a little lighter. It seems to stand out to the point of being jarring.

Showing unity, it's old even if never worn, well she almost never.....any other excuses for double standards I missed :bang:

I wont comment on foreign, expensive foreign, brands. I don't complain about Sophie or Meghan, so how can I here?? What is good for one British royal goose should be good for the other two :flowers:

The color is lovely, I even like the darker shades, adds a bit of interest ?

But the top looks so tight. Reminds me of the movies where women would wrap their breasts in bandages to hide them. Not a good look.

Hair looks nice though I would have worn it up to accent the dress for evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom