The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 - January 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh man. That does nothing for her. It just hangs off her already very slim body. It's like a turquoise curtain hanging off of her. I totally get it for the place they're going to, but she can shelf this after this visit, or remodel it into something else.

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 27: September 2019 -

I love it! She looks absolutely beautiful and appropriate for the occasion. Stunning!!!!!

Last edited:
Beside is a tactful courtesy to the Pakistanian fashion i found the outfit pretty and Well tailored..the color is wonderful too

I really enjoyed this outfit, especially the color. The only quibble is I might have preferred to see a Pakistani designer rather than CW, given she's trying to emulate Pakistani fashion

It's a great color for her ..and of course she has the body to pull of that style. Looks quite nice although I'd like to have seen the shirt part not go down so low..seems like I've seen them done higher up mid calf to knee.

Good shoe and a really pretty earring.

LaRae

It wears oddly on her. I love the color though.

I love the color and the take on diplomatic dressing, although I agree that it would have been even better if it had been a Pakistani designer. Hopefully we'll see some of that in the days to come. The shoulders seem a little over-padded, but aside from that I think this is really lovely for an evening arrival, and as usual Catherine looks beautiful.

Beautiful color. Appropriate style for Pakistan. Love the earrings.

Absolutely beautiful color on her and I love the neck detail :flowers:

Great nod to Pakistan.

But I think it would have been better to have worn a Pakistani designer. If you are going to wear a Pakistani style of dress, wear a designer who makes them. Some of the beauty in the garment is lost in the poor tailoring/design of it. CW is a great tailor, but this is not what she is trained to tailor.

I have found this before including her wedding dress. Kate has a certain style in mind but goes to a designer who she likes, to have it done. She would be better served choosing a designer who specializes in that style instead.

Beautiful color. Appropriate style for Pakistan. Love the earrings.

Exactly.
Kate has to dress for the country and the culture rather than wear the latest trend. But she has to avoid looking like she is wearing a costume.

I think she does an admirable job!

(I'm wondering whether she could recycle any of the clothes she wore on the visit to India? Or would that be an undiplomatic choice?)

Last edited:
I really like it. I love the colour and the ombre design.

Stunning! The color, the design. She's getting the future queen role down pat. :flowers:

Exactly.
Kate has to dress for the country and the culture rather than wear the latest trend. But she has to avoid looking like she is wearing a costume.

I think she does an admirable job!

(I'm wondering whether she could recycle any of the clothes she wore on the visit to India? Or would that be an undiplomatic choice?)

I don't see it being undiplomatic. One may argue, if she had worn a Pakistani designer, perhaps not a good option. But the salwar kameez is a style common in South East Asian culture and would be appropriate in India as well.

Camilla certainly reuses her Middle Eastern clothes to different countries.

I wrote the following already in the main thread for the visit to Pakistan, but now, where I discovered this thread here...

"And their is a difference between on one hand Camilla and Diana, which wore feminized men's wear at the arrival, and Kate which looked like always at such occasions, but with trousers under the dress.

As I said: Bella Figura!"

What would be to add fashionlike? Sorry for the following "mansplaining"! What do I know anyway?

So, Diana and Camilla wore feminized men's wear: This is a statement and cool.
Kate, wore something, she likes to always wear at such occasions, but with (perhaps...?) trousers peeping out under her skirt.

I like Kate's version more! She looks much more feminin and I think, that is more feminist too.

Love the outfit, the colour is perfect and the cut is divine. Very appropriately done and still really fashionable.

I wrote the following already in the main thread for the visit to Pakistan, but now, where I discovered this thread here...

"And their is a difference between on one hand Camilla and Diana, which wore feminized men's wear at the arrival, and Kate which looked like always at such occasions, but with trousers under the dress.

As I said: Bella Figura!"

What would be to add fashionlike? Sorry for the following "mansplaining"! What do I know anyway?

So, Diana and Camilla wore feminized men's wear: This is a statement and cool.
Kate, wore something, she likes to always wear at such occasions, but with (perhaps...?) trousers peeping out under her skirt.

I like Kate's version more! She looks much more feminin and I think, that is more feminist too.

Kate is not wearing 'what she likes to wear' with trousers under.

She is wearing what is referred to as salwar kameez.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shalwar_kameez

There are different styles and forms. Neither Camilla or Diana wore 'feminized men's clothes'. They just wore different forms of this style.

Sorry not sure how feminism comes into play.

Beautiful colour, lovely fit, but I don’t like the outfit.
I’m Indian and I know there are better styles of salwar kameez and some other style would probably fit her better.
This looked like a gown, with trousers.

Well, I thought Catherine looked beautiful tonight and it's nice to see her in this colour - blue certainly suits her best, in all shades! I agree that it would've been better for her to wear a traditional Pakistani salwar kameez rather than a copied version from a Western designer, but it was still lovely to see her paying homage to the country she'll be hosted by.

Kate is not wearing 'what she likes to wear' with trousers under.

She is wearing what is referred to as salwar kameez.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shalwar_kameez

There are different styles and forms. Neither Camilla or Diana wore 'feminized men's clothes'. They just wore different forms of this style.

Sorry not sure how feminism comes into play.

Interesting, so, you see a whatever you see, I see "feminized men's wear":
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/14/16/19698410-0-image-m-22_1571065717858.jpg

I could bet, Camilla wore the same suit like her husband, but for Ladies!

And Kate wears her ususal Jenny Peckham dress, with peeping ou trousers, I could bet!

But so different are human beings! I don't insist on my opinion...

Interesting, so, you see a whatever you see, I see "feminized men's wear":
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/10/14/16/19698410-0-image-m-22_1571065717858.jpg

I could bet, Camilla wore the same suit like her husband, but for Ladies!

And Kate wears her ususal Jenny Peckham dress, with peeping ou trousers, I could bet!

But so different are human beings! I don't insist on my opinion...

Please take a few moments to read the link. Educating yourself goes a long way :flowers:

If you like the color or not. That is opinion. If what Kate wears is a 'Jenny Packham dress she stuck pants under' or is a Pakistani outfit, is not opinion. It's incorrect in that its 1. Catherine Walker 2. a Pakistani style of fashion.

Camilla is not wearing a man's suit. She is wearing a woman's suit. Pant suits for women have been around since the 1920's. She later, like Diana, wore regional outfits on their visits.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t a design that too closely copied the Salwar kameez be a form of cultural appropriation? The western designer’s take is tactful, modern, and very becoming to its wearer.

Wouldn’t a design that too closely copied the Salwar kameez be a form of cultural appropriation? The western designer’s take is tactful, modern, and very becoming to its wearer.

I always wonder this, too. The cultural appropriation vs. graceful homage line is a fine one, that's for sure.

I agree. Catherine Walker has created a lovely design for Catherine to wear.

Beautiful colour and very appropriate outfit on the duchess,she looks wonderful.

Kate wore a western interpretation of traditional dress. Wearing an outfit from a Pakistani designer would be better for "diplomatic dressing". The color is pretty though.

As much as I really thought Kate looked fantastic in what she wore getting off that flight, I do have to admit that it took a while before I realized that the ensemble actually had trousers. That's what I think was wrong with it. The trousers should have been more prominently visible to ensure that this outfit was a resemblance to a salwar kameez.

It was this picture that Fijiro posted elsewhere here that finally clicked on that lightbulb over my head.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EG21pXNX4AIWtW2.jpg

Ther colour of Catherine's CW dress is one I particularly like and the gored skirt is a thing of beauty but to me, adding a few inches of matching leggings did not in any way turn it into a Salwar kameez.

The lack of handbag made the ensemble look slightly unfinished and the earrings, while lovely, didn't fit the style or colour of the dress she was wearing.

Ther colour of Catherine's CW dress is one I particularly like and the gored skirt is a thing of beauty but to me, adding a few inches of matching leggings did not in any way turn it into a Salwar kameez.

The lack of handbag made the ensemble look slightly unfinished and the earrings, while lovely, didn't fit the style or colour of the dress she was wearing.

Catherine carried a clutch. Both it and her earrings were a Pakistani brand-Zeen.

https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...of-cambridge-picture-id1181031649?s=2048x2048

https://www.zeenwoman.com/row/wxc91...SmgoM0sSbqME_EOGvRD9u76lHhvoNVqtdHSzQ9MHIGx18

https://www.zeenwoman.com/row/wxe92...zatumQM_iIXRV2bg-1qR0jpKWSGIhuFOAtc-4wDsOGGYc

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom