The Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla, 6 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In what language is he singing?

I'm sorry to the King and Queen, but Princess of Wales stole the show today. First time we see her so regal. How far she came from the shy girl around 2010s.

Bryn Terfel just made me cry!

I still don't understand why the Wales walked behind the King. It seems backward, doesn't it?

Wow! Everyone's robes were such a nice surprise. Majestic. Judging by the tone of the press, I almost expected a funeral-like moroseness. And the King and Queen look amazing. So regal. And yes Charles does look emotional.

George is doing great.

I don't think that Catherine and Charlotte are actually wearing flowers, but fascinator-style hair adornment in a floral design. Something created by a milliner, not a florist.

That said, I think it looks stunning and beautiful. I've always been a tiara lover, but imho it would have been a strange choice if Catherine were the only one in the entire congregation to actually wear a tiara.

I'm sorry to the King and Queen, but Princess of Wales stole the show today. First time we see her so regal. How far she came from the shy girl around 2010s.
Sophie is looking every bit as lovely wearing the same robes and hairpiece/

In another life Charles would have been an actor. Such an emotional man with all emotions at the forefront.

No, not a tiara. On my screen, it's evident it isn't but even if we take my visual opinion out, you don't place a dress code for everyone but your daughter in-law.

I still don't understand why the Wales walked behind the King. It seems backward, doesn't it?

Could be a very prominent statement. They also had their children walk after them.

That or there was a last minute panic with one of the children perhaps. Anyway worked well.

Charlotte is the real standout, in the white dress and, I think, fur cape.

The oldest living language of Britain. Much more ancient than English.

That was really beautiful and the first time it was ever used at a Coronation.

There are 1,716 people here now in the Forum!

Camilla is so serene ...

This is the new Prime Minister, right?

Poor Rish Sunak. He looked so nervous and stiff reading the Lesson.

Camilla was smiling as Charles was dealing with the ink pen. That was cute

Anyone seen Tom and Laura plus daughters arrive?

Camilla is so serene ...

It looks like she barely knows what’s going on, where she is. Haha. So relaxed. Anyway the State Diadem would have been a nice touch of regality, I miss something

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom