The Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla, 6 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hearing the piece, Zadok the Priest, makes me think of Crown Princess Mary's bridal entrance at her wedding to Crown Prince Frederik. I wonder if they are getting memories of their wedding.

The only thing inevitable in life is change. But to be unaccepting of it is to be swallowed by it. You can’t stop the tide with a broomstick.

Totally agree. Monarchy needs to adapt to survive. Haters will hate.

Handel's Zadok the King from the coronation anthems of George III. A magnificent piece of music!

Beautiful! I was just thinking I couldn't wait for this piece, and low and behold!

I can see now why Charles chose not to wear his naval uniform - he looks "raw" for want of a better word.

He's about to be dressed up in the new Royal Robes

The Crown arrives!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the whole service so far is a splendid combination of magnificent and charming. It has all the gravitas of ancient tradition, while including contemporary touches. It's perfect for Charles personally and the UK in 2023.

I think the whole service so far is a splendid combination of magnificent and charming. It has all the gravitas of ancient tradition, while including contemporary touches. It's perfect for Charles personally and the UK in 2023.

Hear ! Hear !

Zadok the Priest. I'm going to faint!

Dr. Alexandros Ligas' choir with the most beautiful tribute to Prince Philip. I have now fainted.

I think Penny Mordaunt looks marvelous - that's how you wear a cape dress for an occasion like this.

By the power of Gray skull?
Kidding aside, the lady with the sword has an imperial Rome print that looks great for the ceremony.

Is the Orthodox choir now singing?

Wow. Charles is really feeling the emotion and not at all afraid to show it for the entire nation and world.

The musical selections are just stunning. The Byzantinian chant seems perfectly timed for this solemn moment.

I wish I could know who did all the markings on the royal wooden chair. It's like a time capsule.

It’s all so beautiful and one feels the weight of history watching this. What it must have been like in the old days, when coronations were not scaled back. I hope the UK preserves these traditions (and adapt when necessary) for many many many years to come.

The Stone of Destiny, great name for a novel

Poignant and emotional moment when the Prince of Wales put the Robe on The King

I know I am probably being thick but who is the man attending Charles in the kilt?

King Charles is overwhelmed with emotion.

I know I am probably being thick but who is the man attending Charles in the kilt?

The Mountain? He seems to be in all pictures so I assume a bodyguard to make sure he is protected at all times.

The Crown!!!!! God Save the King!

Last edited by a moderator:
The Mountain? He seems to be in all pictures so I assume a bodyguard to make sure he is protected at all times.

NonI am thinking Duke of Westminster? Or some such.

Close-up of Prince George! What must be going through his mind today?

This feels so grand and historic. What a time to be alive! Seeing him wearing the crown is so surreal.

I agree. I've been really impressed by the way they've managed to keep the tradition and ancient feeling of the service while also modernizing it for the times we live in now. Really well done.

The inclusion of representatives of diverse communities presenting the regalia worked well & felt organic & authentic.

Archbishop of York. Also would turn for that man but really if I could have chosen Imwould have been a Quaker.

Louis yawning. Surely time for him to go. He has done so well for just 5.

The inclusion of representatives of diverse communities presenting the regalia worked well & felt organic & authentic.

It really did. As did the blessing from the ecumenical leaders just now.

And now priests from all main Christian denominations in the UK were speaking?

Back
Top Bottom