The Coronation of King Charles III and Queen Camilla, 6 May 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You gotta think that Wallis Simpson is spinning in her grave. JMHO

Alongside her treacherous husband who conspired with the Nazis against Queen Elizabeth II and her family. All the couple's schemes with Hitler discovered long after his death.

Glad the family survived WWII and we get them safe into the 21st century.

That poor lady in green holding Excalibur has been on her feet for two hours. I'm in pain just watching her.

Alongside her treacherous husband who conspired with the Nazis against Queen Elizabeth II and her family. All the couple's schemes with Hitler discovered long after his death.

Glad the family survived WWII and we get them safe into the 21st century.

I agree that they would have been terrible. History did find the right head. But … you have to think for a moment that this is pretty extraordinary considering all the insanity about finding Charles a virgin bride nonsense.

And to think some people even considered not having a coronation. This feels grand and meaningful. It’s a shame other monarchies don’t have this moment anymore.

I wonder which choir the three girls (in blue capes) are from? Does the abbey have a girls choir as well? This is a first at a coronation I'm sure.

I wonder whic choir the three girls (in blue capes) are from? Does the abbey have a girls choir as well? This is a first at a coronation I'm sure.

That is their school uniform. There are a few of them. A girls cschool choir from Northern Ireland. I want to say Ballymena.

And to think some people even considered not having a coronation. This feels grand and meaningful. It’s a shame other monarchies don’t have this moment anymore.

Maybe Prince Frederik will decide to do something more when he becomes king even if that isn't what his mother did. They can start something new in Denmark. How about Sweden? It would be nice.

It is. And I'm sceptical of the idea that this will be the last one.

I wonder which choir the three girls (in blue capes) are from? Does the abbey have a girls choir as well? This is a first at a coronation I'm sure.

From the Coronation Liturgy...

The service is sung by the Choirs of Westminster Abbey and His Majesty’s Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace (Director of Music: Joseph McHardy), with choristers from Methodist College, Belfast (Director of Music: Ruth McCartney), and Truro Cathedral Choir (Director of Music until April 2023: Christopher Gray), and an octet from the Monteverdi Choir.

I think they're from Truro Cathedral. If memory serves, there were girls in their choir during the church service in Northern Ireland following QEII's death.

That is their school uniform. There are a few of them. A girls cschool choir from Northern Ireland. I want to say Ballymena.

That's interesting. Church of Ireland presumably.

Critics of monarchies always bring their drama in and disregard the notion of history, traditions and customs in countries with different government systems. No one asks referendums on republics with corrupt leaders, why them push them on monarchies that have been in place for hundreds of years?

I think this is great for the UK and the Commonwealth, a sense of unity and history beyond politics and internet trends of the week nonsense that, years from now, will not even be remembered. This coronation will be remembered.

From the Coronation Liturgy...

The service is sung by the Choirs of Westminster Abbey and His Majesty’s Chapel Royal, St James’s Palace (Director of Music: Joseph McHardy), with choristers from Methodist College, Belfast (Director of Music: Ruth McCartney), and Truro Cathedral Choir (Director of Music until April 2023: Christopher Gray), and an octet from the Monteverdi Choir.

I think they're from Truro Cathedral. If memory serves, there were girls in their choir during the church service in Northern Ireland following QEII's death.

Thank you.

Lovely that the choirs come from across the kingdom!

The music throughout has been superb.

It is. And I'm sceptical of the idea that this will be the last one.

I hope not. This was a majestic and grand ceremony. It was a good mix of modern and traditional.

That's interesting. Church of Ireland presumably.

No Methodist. Which in of itself would be a minority Protestant religion in Northern Ireland. Most would be Presbyterian stock. In the south most would be Church of Ireland.

Who is the lady in a magenta pink outfit seated behind Carl Gustav and Victoria? I wondered if it was the Hereditary Princess of Liechtenstein but didn’t think she’d be seated in front of other reigning monarchs.

Edit: I’ve just seen that it is indeed the Hereditary Princess, odd seating order.

Last edited:
I think this is great for the UK and the Commonwealth, a sense of unity and history beyond politics and internet trends of the week nonsense that, years from now, will not even be remembered. This coronation will be remembered.

This! It reminds people where they come from & the generations that have gone before, certainly for the UK anyway. Atavistic & tribal.

Long may it continue!

Is this the last time we will see the three Kent Siblings in a big public event? I'm in tears.

Ps: loved seeing Prince Albert and Princess Charlene singing at the top of their lungs.

Take away memory of today will be the music, Charlotte and how emotional Charles was. It to be honest the music.

This! It reminds people where they come from & the generations that have gone before. Atavistic & tribal.

Long may it continue!

Totally agree. It was a beautiful and thoughtful ceremony. [.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom