Royals at the Paris 2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Today, King Frederik X and Crown Prince Christian watch the Olympic men's handball final.

Last edited:
Quite envious of the King. Any handball lover would want to hug and be hugged by Mikkel Hansen!

Princess Alexandra and Ben joined the Marathon Pour Tous on Saturday afternoon in Paris

Isn’t it wonderful to see how easy the Danish adults are around their king. Just running into a hug like that is lovely!

It's indeed fantastic. They are so at ease with their King.

Christian and Frederik answered some questions from the press

Pure joy!

Last edited:
It's indeed fantastic. They are so at ease with their King.

Christian and Frederik answered some questions from the press

Pure joy!
Love this! One of the many reasons King Frederik is so popular. Here is another article with some lovely words about him

Great words for the king!
""It was a fantastic experience to run out to the King," says Mikkel Hansen, who at the same time sends words of praise to the Danish regent.
"There has always been great support from His Royal Highness. He is extremely interested in sports, and it is a huge experience to play in front of him. I think I can speak for all athletes when I say that.'

It has been wonderful seeing all the royals being present at the events and cheering on the athletes. Royals from Netherlands, Spain, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Monaco, Luxembourg all showed up and showed out. Loved seeing it.

And on behalf of my hometown let's go 2028!!!

Royals that will be attending the Paralympic Games, thus far: Princess Astrid of Belgium (August 28-31) and Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden (September 6 - 8)

Princess Margriet of the Netherlands (August 27-29 and September 4-8)

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Margriet would normally be the royal representative for the Netherlands (she was a member of the Paralympic Committee for a long time). She visited the team in April while they were training for the Olympics, so I expect her in Paris as well.

And Infanta Elena, as she's Honorary President of the Spanish Paralympic Committee.

Princess Benedikte of Denmark is a longtime patron of Parasport Danmark and has participated in a number of events counting down to the 2024 Paralympics, so I'm sure we'll see her in Paris too.

Certainly every Olympic end will miss, either for the records or the emotions.

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia at the closing ceremomy with other royals
Imago gallery

President Emmanuel Macron and wife Brigitte welcomed King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia to The Elysée Palace in Paris before the closing ceremony of the Summer Olympics.

The Dutch medalists (34 medals: 15 gold, 7 silver, 12 bronze --> resulting in the most successful Summer Olympics* and 6th place in the international ranking) will be received by the King and Queen at Palace Huis ten Bosch tomorrow afternoon.

* Note that it is hard to compare Olympic Games between years as the number of events differs (increases over time; with the Summer Games including more events than the Winter Games). Based on the total number of gold medals that could be won and the percentage won by the Netherlands, the Olympic Summer Games in Amsterdam in 1928 were the most successful of all time - but at that time fewer countries participated.

Last edited:
Queen Sofia looks so sad in most or those pictures despite having such a 'happy' colorful summer attire.
Who knows why Queen Sofia isn't wearing a "happy face"? I would guess exhaustion on the part of Queen Sofia who is 85 y/o and has been additionally busy lately attending both Greek and Spanish funerals.

The Swedish Royal Court published at its website about the King and Queen in Paris

The Dutch medalists (34 medals: 15 gold, 7 silver, 12 bronze --> resulting in the most successful Summer Olympics* and 6th place in the international ranking) will be received by the King and Queen at Palace Huis ten Bosch tomorrow afternoon.

* Note that it is hard to compare Olympic Games between years as the number of events differs (increases over time; with the Summer Games including more events than the Winter Games). Based on the total number of gold medals that could be won and the percentage won by the Netherlands, the Olympic Summer Games in Amsterdam in 1928 were the most successful of all time - but at that time fewer countries participated.
Picture of all Dutch medalists with the king and queen. The first-time Olympic champions also received the grade of knight in the order of Orange-Nassau.

And if you wonder how the medalist traveled from one place to another in The Hague today? The only answer for the Dutch team would be: by bike! See video (including a short fragment with the king and queen at the end):

The Queen took the drabbest outfit she could find to let the Olympians shine apparently.

I had no idea there was a glass Hall in The Hague. I imagine it was used because the Inner court will be under renovation for all eternity it seems.

Anyway, lovely to see them all on the staircase. The resut of the Olympics will be hard to surpass in next years.

I would have preferred it if the King could hand out the royal orders and give the speeches instead of the secretary for sports btw.

CP Haakon will follow the paraolympics in Paris from 2.-3. september. Source: kongehuset.

Back
Top Bottom