Royals at the Paris 2024 Summer Olympics & Paralympics

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

This is the thread dedicated to members of royal families attending the Paris 2024 Summer Olympics and Paralympics.
The Olympic games will take place from July 26 - August 11, 2024.
The Paralympic games will take place from August 28 - September 8, 2024.

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

King Carl Gustaf and Queen Silvia attend the Olympic Games on August 5 - 11, confirmed at the official calendar:

The Royal Court told already previously, that Crown Princess Victoria attends the Paralympics on September 6 - 8.

According to the Spanish press, King Felipe and Queen Letizia will attend the opening ceremony of the Olympic Games on July 26.
It is expected that both they and their daughters will be able to attend some competitions, but the agenda is not closed because it will depend on how the Spanish team's competition develops and the official and sporting commitments they have in Mallorca.

Are there any royals who will be competing?

King Willem-Alexander will attend the Olympic Games from July 25 to July 30 as honorary member of the International Olympic Committee.
Queen Máxima, Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia will attend from July 26 to July 30.

Together they will attend the opening ceremony on July 26, the day after they will visit the Olympic Village.

The Prince and Princess of Monaco I'm sure will attend, especially with it being in Paris. They might bring their children too with the event being so close to home.

At the moment, King Felipe and Queen Letizia have confirmed their agenda for next week in Paris. They must return for their activities in Mallorca on the 27th, but it is likely that later members of the family will travel to Parín to watch some competition.

July 25

Reception for the members of the Spanish Olympic Team, participants in the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad
Spanish Embassy in Paris. France

Dinner offered by the International Olympic Committee (IOC), on the occasion of the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad
Louvre Museum. Paris. France

July 26

Reception offered by the President of the French Republic, His Excellency Emmanuel Macron
Elysee Palace. Paris. France

Opening ceremony of the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad
Trocadero Square. Paris. France

King Willem-Alexander will attend the Olympic Games from July 25 to July 30 as honorary member of the International Olympic Committee.
Queen Máxima, Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia will attend from July 26 to July 30.

Together they will attend the opening ceremony on July 26, the day after they will visit the Olympic Village.

Makes you wonder why Ariane is not joining them.

Spanish journalists say that in addition to King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia, the Princess of Asturias, Infanta Sofia and Queen Sofia will also travel to Paris to support the Spanish Olympic team at the Olympic Games.

Last edited:
Will Grand Duke Henri attend?

Can see a few official events around the games themselves taking place. Would be surprised if there wasn't a reception of some sort at the Elysee Palace for the visiting dignitaries, so some good royal watching for us all! I'm thinking the British will send Princess Ann as she's a member of the IOC.

I'm pretty sure he will, he attended before and it's close to Luxembourg, but the Grand Ducal Palace usually doesn't release any agenda in advance, so we'll have to wait and see.
He has been a member of the IOC since 1998, so he should be attending as prior to the Games as well as during their are sessions/meetings for him to attend - in addition to supporting the Luxembourg athletes.

The Danish royals confirm participation to the Olympics. Fred and Mary on 25 and 26 and then both of them plus Benedikte will appear for different competitions.

The Danish royals confirm participation to the Olympics. Fred and Mary on 25 and 26 and then both of them plus Benedikte will appear for different competitions.

Great! The calendar will be updated regularly to see what competitions they attend .

Frederik and Mary's agenda for the first 2 days:
THURSDAY 25 JULY
5:30 p.m-The royal couple attends the opening of the Danish Pavilion
7:00pm - The royal couple attends an official dinner at the Carrousel du Louvre.
FRIDAY 26 JULY
4 p.m- The royal couple attends a reception at the Palais de l'Elysées
7:30pm -The royal couple will attend the opening ceremony of the 2024 Olympics at the Place de Trocadéro

Royalty confirmed for the inaugural Ceremony of the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad on July 26th:
Spain: King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia
Denmark: King Frederik X and Queen Mary
Belgium: King Philippe and Queen Mathilde
Netherlands: King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima, Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia

The United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Luxembourg and Monaco have not yet officially confirmed their presence at the opening of the Olympic Games.

Can see a few official events around the games themselves taking place. Would be surprised if there wasn't a reception of some sort at the Elysee Palace for the visiting dignitaries, so some good royal watching for us all! I'm thinking the British will send Princess Ann as she's a member of the IOC.
Oh I hadn't noticed the previous post about the reception at the Elysee Palace, glad I was right, and I see a dinner at the Louvre as well, how exciting

Royalty confirmed for the inaugural Ceremony of the Games of the XXXIII Olympiad on July 26th:
Spain: King Felipe VI and Queen Letizia
Denmark: King Frederik X and Queen Mary
Belgium: King Philippe and Queen Mathilde
Netherlands: King Willem-Alexander, Queen Máxima, Princess Catharina-Amalia and Princess Alexia

The United Kingdom, Sweden, Norway, Luxembourg and Monaco have not yet officially confirmed their presence at the opening of the Olympic Games.

Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit will attend from August 6th. Probably no Norwegian royals will attend the opening ceremony.

Haakon an MM attending. Also confirmed on the royal house official calendar

Zara won't compete in this Olympics.

Did Denmark qualified for equestrian at olympics? Last Olympics Nathalie was coach of the Danish equestrian team.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zara won't compete in this Olympics.

Did Denmark qualified for equestrian at olympics? Last Olympics Nathalie was coach of the Danish equestrian team.
Some individual sports do not have the competitors listed on the website but the link below contains the program for events for Denmark in team sports:

By changing the name of the country in the link I provided, one can see the events for each country

Last edited:
This will be an interesting Opening Ceremony … the first time ever it won’t be in a stadium.

To have the athletes sail along the Seine to the Trocadero with the Eiffel Tower in the background … what an ad for France and Paris.

And the Para-Olympics Opening Ceremony being held in the Place de la Concorde and the Champs Élysée also.

I’ll be interested in seeing the photos from the dinner at the Carrousel de Louvre … that is the name of the shopping centre under the Louvre Museum.

I don’t think the dignitaries will be sitting down in the food court there … but I can’t see them eating amongst the fine exhibits of the Louvre itself either.

I’ve been checking out some of the venues via the internet.

The Elysee Palace has some wonderfully beautiful rooms.

And there is a Convention Centre attached to the Carrousel de Louvre … the shopping centre under the Louvre Museum … so maybe that will be where the dinner will be, very big spaces.

doro: Did Dk qualify for equestrian at the OL?
Yes, Princess Benedikte's daughter Nathalie is the coach of dressage-rider Daniel Bachmann Andersen.

Last edited:
I wonder if Princess Charlene will attend any of the ceremonies?

One of Mary’s Tasmanian relatives is competing at the Olympics.

She says Mary and Frederik will be watching her from the poolside VIP area … “been in the works for months”, “had to be hush hush due to security concerns”.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom