Royal Rings - all types

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I've seen photographic portraits of QEII wearing the smaller ships from the Koh-i-nor (spelling?) diamonds. I think the pic I'm thinking of is in the Suzy Menkes Royal Jewellery books.

QEII actually wears rarely, the Cullinam IX in a ring.
Of late I have observed The Queen wearing rings on 4 fingers sometimes. 2 on one hand and 2 on the other. Of coarse, the left hand has the wedding ring and engagement ring, but at times, I have seen a sapphire ring, and also a ruby ring. Photos donot show these rings clearly enough to try and identify them. Pity
Signed HRH

Clothilde of Savoy

I've been looking for Clothilde of Savoy's engagement ring, in the past thread I couldn't open the websites.

Any pictures that can be post in this new thread?

I like Letizia's engagement ring, the eternity band altough it looks more like a wedding band but still beautiful.

:)

You can find Clotilds engegment ring on the engagment rings thread...I'll try to find it specifically so I can post here...:flowers:

I found it...I hope I did this right...if not, then it's on The Royal Engagment Rings thread, page 2, post #39
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/63981-post39.html

Last edited:
I was looking through a book of portraits of the Queen Mum. She is pictured several times with a large pearl ring. There is also a beautiful portrait of her by Savely Sorine, when she was Duchess of York and she is wearing what appears to be a large saphire or Emerald ring with diamonds around it- I wonder if that was her engagement ring? I couldn't find pictures of her wearing it anywhere else.

Dear Qui Maly pense, I think I can answer your question: In the Sorine portrait the Queen Mum is wearing her engagement ring which was a large sapphire but sometime in the 30's she decided to start wearing a large oriental pearl surrounded by diamonds, instead. I would love to know why and where did her engagement ring go? Also there is no real clear photo of the sapphire ring and I would really like to see it. Everytime I see a picture of the Queen Mum as the Duchess of York from the twenties it seems as though her left hand is always obscured in some way:bang: Can anyone help me our with a photo? It would end years of frustration for me!:flowers:

Question: I had heard that the engagment ring Camilla got from Charles was the Queen Mum's engagment ring...not true then?

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Camilla's engagement ring was the ring that King George gave the Queen Mother when Charles was born (but I may be very wrong) but I know it was given to mark an important occasion, but it was not her engagement ring.
Janet

Rachel D, I know that the Queen Mum's original engagement ring was a sapphire and there are some pictures where it is very blurry but you can see it is a colored stone. Not sure of the provenance of Camilla's ring, I thought it was a gift to the QM from Ronnie Greville but don't hold me to that!:flowers:

jcbcode99 said:
I thought Camilla's engagement ring was the ring that King George gave the Queen Mother when Charles was born (but I may be very wrong) but I know it was given to mark an important occasion, but it was not her engagement ring.
Janet
I read elsewhere that the ring was a gift from the Duke of York to the Duchess of York when it was confirmed she was pregnant [with Princess Elizabeth].
Which begs the question, if she received this whopping diamond for being pregnant, what did she receive for giving birth? :lol:

Warren said:
I read elsewhere that the ring was a gift from the Duke of York to the Duchess of York when it was confirmed she was pregnant [with Princess Elizabeth].
Which begs the question, if she received this whopping diamond for being pregnant, what did she receive for giving birth? :lol:
You shall write to Mr.William Shawcross as soon as possible. After all he is the official biography for Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother.:lol: Now I realise how romantic the story Camilla's engagement ring has.I just love it!:wub:

OOPS! I said Charles' birth, but that was wrong. Warren, thank you for correcting me--it was Princess Elizabeth! And, I would love to know what she got for the birth!
And, I love that Camilla's ring has such a beautiful heritage behind it. She must know she is truly loved by Charles.
Janet

It is a Ceylon Blue Saphire as a center stone, and 2 diamond trillions.

It's just my personal opinion, but i don't think Autumn's ring is unique..

It may not be unique, but it is 1) classically beautiful, and 2) suitable for double-duty as an ice-skating rink in the winter.

Isn't it little similar to Maxima's engagement ring?

Last edited by a moderator:
Search after Search

Plus Google, can't find a pic of Queen Elizabeth's engagement ring given to her by Prince Philip. I ran searches here, and couldn't find any reference.
Can someone help please? I am quite curious about it, I am told that my aunt's engagement ring looks much like hers. I do not remember what hers looks like, and she is blind now and cannot use a computer. She's 91.
Can someone help please? I just want to see what it looks like.
Thanks so much.
Purrs,
Pook

Favourite Royal Engagement Ring?

Which is your favourite?

A lot of beautiful, elegance, historical and expensive engagement ring...

Diana - Anne - Camilla - Sarah - Sophie - Autumn Kelly
Maxima - Mabel - Laurentine - Marilene - Anette - Anita - Aimee
Mathilde - Astrid - Claire
Letizia - Elena - Christina
Mary - Alexandra - Marie - Marie Chantal - Alexia
Mette-Marit - Martha Loise
Queen Rania - Princess Haya - Salma
Caroline - Stephanie

Camilla's ring
http://www.theage.com.au/ffximage/2005/02/11/pt_cpb_ring_1202_ent-lead__200x192.jpg

Autumn Kelly's ring
http://www.britishroyalwedding.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/08/autumn-kelly-ring.jpg

Letizia's ring
http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa197/letiziarchive/20031106_pedida/Gpedida11.jpg

Maxima's ring
http://www.impke-pimpke.nl/b_527.jpg

Have you any pics?

Back
Top Bottom