Royal ladies and their similar style - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I still disagree with you Srivishnu. While wearing pearls, brooches and gloves might be similar accessorizing, it really has not much to do with Style. Gloves, certainly, seem to be more an issue of protocol as we see other senior European Queens who wear gloves at official events.

I see these two women having very different fashion- for reasons I posted above. Understandably different as fashion changed so much from the Queen Mum's early adult years to those of her daughters. The worlds they grew up in were so different- socially, economicially and politically- and their fashion reflects this. The Queen Mum's fashion is dreamy, romantic and certainly, more old fashioned in it's softness. Her daughter dresses much more sensibly and practically.

Last edited:
She´s very look like to Kate Middleton..jejejjee no?
attachment.php

Queen Rania and Princess Haya wearing the same thoub (traditional Jordanian dress):

February 13, 2006 - Rania in midnight blue

March 25, 2006 a , March 25, 2006 b- Haya in sky blue

The designer is obviously the same, possibly the design house Kumbaz, who've made thoubs for Queen Rania and other ladies of the JRF for years. Which probably explains why we've seen the same/similar thoub on more than one jordanian royal a few times:
Post 68 - Queen Rania and Princess Aisha
Post 200 - Princesses Aisha, Iman, and Muna

Last edited:
Thanks for that, Humera! I think I've read before that Kumbaz, as well as others, regularly make thobes for the Jordanian ladies.

Does anyone know if this design, ie. a plain coloured thobe with a bright border is specific to a particular region?

Many royals share the same style & outfits is due to that they all use they same designers for example

Valentino: Maxima, Mette-Marit, Marie-Chantal
Prada: Queen Rania, Mary, Mette-Marit
Celine: Victoria, Queen Rania

Even if they don’t get the same exact outfit & go for something different from the same designer it’ll be very similar because of the cut of that outfit. I think, its nice to see royals in similar outfits & to see how each royal changes it to her own style. A few examples can be found here

Her_Majesty said:
Here's a picture of Maria Teresa's Coat. (PPE)
They indeed look a bit alike.. Maybe it's the same designer?

I don't think they look even alike... isn't the colour also different?:ermm:

Verde Esmeralda said:
I don't think they look even alike... isn't the colour also different?:ermm:

The colour and lenght is different but thew embroidery seems the same, the shiny material of the jacket is simular too. They definately are both made by Eduard Vermeulen (Natan).

I don't know if this has been discussed before but I just came across a website about Yuki, the designer of Princess Diana's famous blue dress she wore for the Imperial banquet in Japan in 1986 which also features pics of this gown:
History of Fashion Designer Yuki
It was sold at the auction of Diana's dresses for $ 25,300.
Today, Yuki is based in London under his full name, Gnyuki Torimaru, and Queen Silvia has recently become his steady client. He made her latest white Nobel gown as well as the fuchsia pink dress she wore for the state visit to Japan earlier this year. I find it amazing how little his signature style has changed over twenty years and how similar the dresses are, using a favorite fabric he produces exclusively (see his website). Here are links to pics of the Queen Silvia dresses, both from ibl:
The white dress:
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
The pink dress:
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Princess Letizia of Spain and Queen Rania of Jordan.

Source: Gettyimages and Polfoto.

They are simply both very trendy smart and fashion
I really dont think that CP Letizia copy or want to look a like QR...
because CP Letizia really has a lot of style and personnality.....(even before became a Princess)
So they both follow the fashion of the moment
and i think they are the most royal stylish women for the moment

Does anyone know the designer of the pink dress worn by Victoria / Rania / Aliyah and her daughter?

Does anyone know the designer of the pink dress worn by Victoria / Rania / Aliyah and her daughter?

If its the one I think your talking about that its a celine dress. But to be on the safe side, could you please link a picture?

Similar styles of Mathilde & Letizia. White lace dress, Mathilde had long sleeves whereas Letizia had them a bit shorter.
Mathilde
Letizia
PPE pictures

Last edited:
This is such a fascinating thread. So many posters like to proclaim their favotie female royal as 'the fashionista" of the royal world, but they are almost all wearing the same half dozen designers and even the exact same outfits. So how can they be fashion forward if they dress EXACTLY like their counterparts, in what their half dozen designers have offered for that season? Truly illuminating thread!

Thanks for all the hard work by all the posters!

ImageShack - Hosting :: ranialetiziajpg3eo.jpg
They are simply both very trendy smart and fashion
I really dont think that CP Letizia copy or want to look a like QR...
because CP Letizia really has a lot of style and personnality.....(even before became a Princess)
So they both follow the fashion of the moment
and i think they are the most royal stylish women for the moment

I think that with all theese women who have huge wardrobes finding similar basics is not that difficult, all of the own a white pantsuit, a green suit, a patterned skirt, a tie blouse a belted suits, a trench etc

One could do this with any two royals
like Mary and Letizia:
ImageShack - Hosting :: big8bd4riet6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom