Royal ladies and their similar style - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophie of Wessex and Mette-Marit, with the same hat

(Hola.com)

First Mathilde was wearing this jacket in Afrika, then Maria Theresa visiting The Netherlands, and last week Maxima was wearing it.

Maxima and Maria Theresa with the same looking coats.

Mathilde and Maria Theresa with the same shoes..

source ppe and anp

Maxima her mother and princess Claire wearing similar coats..

sources hellomagazine, henrik janverbeek, ppe

Royal ladies and their similar style

Many royal ladies seem to share the same "look" at times. Here are some examples:

Victoria and Mary both wearing gold jackets:

(Credit: Polfoto)

Letizia and Laurentien wearing similar red dresses:

(Credit: Seeger-Press, Colourpress)

Mette-Marit and Victoria wearing similar white wraps:

(Credit: Bruno Press, Scanpix)

Last edited:
Mary and Mette Marit wearing the same Prada jacket (just diffrent colours):

sources; Vouge, Fotomarktplatz

Mary , Mette and Ranja wearing a very similar outfit (mary just wears the skirt). I think it’s Prada, too.

Fotomarktplatz, colourpress, Fotomarktplatz

maxima88 said:

Aren´t Maxima and her mother Maria del Carmen wearing the same coat/skirt? It looks completely simular and if the ladies have a simular size Maxima could pass some of her clothes on to her mother (MdC wore a hat of Maxima on a previous occassion to).
I must say that it looks better on Maria del Carmen, who is a very elegant lady IMO.

Queen Sonja and Princess Margriet wearing a very similar black-white outfit.

Polfoto, ANP

Princess Sonja in 1972 and Maxima in 2003 wearing very , very similar coats :lol: . Even the pattern in exactly the same!
Maybe ´Sonja sold it to Max.. =P

scanpix, ANP

Her_Majesty said:
Princess Sonja in 1972 and Maxima in 2003 wearing very , very similar coats :lol: . Even the pattern in exactly the same!
Maybe ´Sonja sold it to Max.. =P

scanpix, ANP

That must have been one heck of a swap party!

Last edited by a moderator:
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if the question has been answered already, but has it ever happened two royal ladies going to the same event, wearing similar clothes? :)

Because it is something that sooner or later happens to anyone, and I was just wondering whether they might forecast something like that and call each other just to avoid it happening.

:flowers:

olga7777 said:
I haven't read the whole thread so forgive me if the question has been answered already, but has it ever happened two royal ladies going to the same event, wearing similar clothes? :)

Because it is something that sooner or later happens to anyone, and I was just wondering whether they might forecast something like that and call each other just to avoid it happening.

Yes. Actually Princess Caroline of Monaco and Princess Clotilde of Savoia wore similar outfits to Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia's pre-wedding ball. I think both outfits were Chanel. I wonder if Clotilde originally wanted Caroline's dress, and what her reaction was when she found out it was taken, because I'm sure Caroline (being Karl Lagerfield's BFF) got first pick.

RubyPrincess168
Yes. Actually Princess Caroline of Monaco and Princess Clotilde of Savoia wore similar outfits to Prince Felipe & Princess Letizia's pre-wedding ball. I think both outfits were Chanel. I wonder if Clotilde originally wanted Caroline's dress, and what her reaction was when she found out it was taken, because I'm sure Caroline (being Karl Lagerfield's BFF) got first pick.

Thanks RubyPrincess168 for your answer.:flowers:

Oh my God! How absolutely embarrasing! It is the one thing you are always hopping, it will never happen to you, and definitely not in such an event.
:ohmy:

In my opinion, royal ladies have similar styles because they have to follow a certain dress code. I mean, they have to wear suits and/or dress formally in public. The elder generation of Royals, like the Queens, are all in suits and hats, which make them similar to one another

attachment.php

Like this...from Hellomagazine...by poolfoto I think...

Responding to your question LadyS, yes they are from the same designer, "Mary's dress and Letizia's skirt" - Hugo Boss.

Please let's stay on topic. We're comparing royal ladies and their similar style. If you're interested in comparing Hollywood actresses, please start a thread in the Celebrity Chit Chat subforum.

Thanks

hrhcp said:
I never would have believed this. Compare

Mathilde

and

Maxima

What's similar ?
And, should soemthing so appealing be allowed ? ;)

*Please note that the links in this post no longer work. But to remove the post would mean the point of this thread would be lost.
--Alexandria
HM Queen Elizabeth II and her mum,the late Queen Elizabeth,The Queen Mother.

Really? I don't see their styles as very similar! The Queen Mother wore floating dresses in drapey chiffons and silks, usually in pastel floral patterns with very soft, veiled, feathery hats. Look at some of her Ascot fashion, just as examples: 2001 1990 and with her grandchildren

Queen Elizabeth tends to wear tailored suits and coats over dresses in brighter, stronger colours. She seldome wears all-over patterns and the silhouette is quite straight- very seldom flowing or draped. Look at some of her Ascot fashions, in comparison to her mother. 2003 2002 2003 2005 2005 2006

I think both women have their own signature style that is quite different! Maybe you have some links to images that will show similarities?

Last edited:
Maryand Mette-Marit have some silmilar shoes

Mary and Mette-Marit both have the same Prada shoes

Mary has them in blue
Mette wearing the same shoes in brown
(posted by Larzen)

Those shoes are also very similar

Mette-Marit wearing those Leoprad-shoes
(posted by carlota)

Mary wearing some similar shoes
(Fotobank)

Her_Majesty said:
Mette-Marits green pregnancy-dress (worn in England 2005) reminds me a bit of this green dress of (then) Princess Sonja worn in 1969

But maybe it's just the colour :lol:

These are very similar! :)
I think that MM takes inspiration from her mother-in-love :lol:

mims111 said:
I think that MM takes inspiration from her mother-in-love :lol:

I don't know if that was a typo, but I love that expression, mother-in-love. It is so beautiful, and in my family, at least, and hopefully in MM's, it is true.

LadyK said:
I don't know if that was a typo, but I love that expression, mother-in-love. It is so beautiful, and in my family, at least, and hopefully in MM's, it is true.

:p
Well you took my words Lady ;)
MM has really great relationship with Sonja :)
So when I was typing, my head told what it wanted :lol: :ROFLMAO:

azile said:
Really? I don't see their styles as very similar! The Queen Mother wore floating dresses in drapey chiffons and silks, usually in pastel floral patterns with very soft, veiled, feathery hats. Look at some of her Ascot fashion, just as examples: 2001 1990 and with her grandchildren

Queen Elizabeth tends to wear tailored suits and coats over dresses in brighter, stronger colours. She seldome wears all-over patterns and the silhouette is quite straight- very seldom flowing or draped. Look at some of her Ascot fashions, in comparison to her mother. 2003 2002 2003 2005 2005 2006

I think both women have their own signature style that is quite different! Maybe you have some links to images that will show similarities?
HM Queen Elizabeth II and her late mother,Queen Elizabeth,The Queen Mother wears three strings of pearls,a brooch for every outfit and gloves for outfits that need gloves to be worn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom