Royal ladies and their similar style - Part 1

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Maxima and Princess Mathilde wearing similair coats/jackets and the coat from Princess Alexandra is the same design as Mathilde's
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

ch152260_guest.jpg

the coat from princess Alexandra is even looking similair to this outfit of Princess Maxima

attachment.php

Alexandra of Berleburg is wearing Carolina Herrera, I belive Maxima and Mathilde is wearing Natan

Vogue and Scanpix

Princess Letizia of Spain and Queen Rania of Jordan.

Source: Gettyimages and Polfoto.

jeez...i never realized Princess Letizia and Queen Rania echo each other's styles so often! i just hope they're not copying each other on purpose. ha ha :D

or maybe their brains are on the same fashion wavelength. hee hee!

Last edited:
RhapsodyBrat said:
jeez...i never realized Princess Letizia and Queen Rania echo each other's styles so often! i just hope they're not copying each other on purpose. ha ha :D

or maybe their brains are on the same fashion wavelength. hee hee!

You are right...I think they are very similar and would either get on famously or have a strong personality clash. I would describe their style as no-nonsense, classic/chic:cool:

i don't think laurentien copied letizia's dress as such. laurentien has a unique and very personal style, and the dresses don't resemble that much: the train in letizia's gown is not in laurentien's, and appart from the shoulder and back part the dress is a simple dress with a very basic design. moreover, why would laurentien repeat the design that obviously EVERYONE saw letizia in? it would be really silly from her, and laurentien is a really intelligent woman. :)

Well, without knowing what were Laurentien's intentions when she wore that dress, she certainly was very confident about herself in it : after "THE" effect Letizia made at Danish wedding, IMO, one needs a lot of "courage" and self-confidence to wear a similar version of it afterwards !!!!

I know many will desagree;) , but I found Laurentien some kind of cheap-looking in it : the contrast blond hair versus this kind of red, her not-so-toned body and her way of maintaining herself (shoulders inside), for me, it just didn't make the "right" effect :) :cool: !!!

RaniaRocks said:
Princess Letizia of Spain and Queen Rania of Jordan.

Source: Gettyimages and Polfoto.
They do wear lot of similar/same-inspired things, but, IMO, you can easily find at least a half of those models in the closet of every young, modern, working "suit generation" lady - I would call it some really basic fashion looks !

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, of course, the only one who is not "similar" or "alike" -just like this thread is all about- is Letizia, hehe, oh boy, that's love. :cool:

Lil princess lost said:
You are right...I think they are very similar and would either get on famously or have a strong personality clash. I would describe their style as no-nonsense, classic/chic:cool:

yeah...classic rules! love that look :cool:

RaniaRocks said:
Yes, of course, the only one who is not "similar" or "alike" -just like this thread is all about- is Letizia, hehe, oh boy, that's love. :cool:
Well, you obviously missed my point!

As you maybe noticed, I do like Letizia, and even if I make some "oh how sweet" or "oh how cute" about F&L in their thread, I stay rationnal enough not to see pink hearts everywhere ;) !

My point was : Letizia and Rania are young, modern, rather elegant women, AND they wear lot of things that I or my female-friends or my female collegues or any average young woman wear for our/her professionnal activities (as anybody else who works in a "suit"-requested environment)

Of course, an average girl doesn't have the budget Rania or Letizia seem to have, but the models (payed 10 000, 5 000, 1 000, 500 or 100 €) - or at least the "basic" ones (the ready-to-wear) - do present a lot of similarities (just look at the buisness politic that very average firms like Zara or Mango or Mexx are developping) !

I'll take the effort to analyse for you some of "same" or "similar" models that Letizia "copied" from Rania (because, that seems to be the real problem:eek: ):

--> wearing a white suit isn't really an invention of Rania (almost everybody has a white suit, I'm the first of the list! And white is always popular)

--> wearing white jacket/top with black trousers, I doubt Rania or Letizia invented it, it's just a common thing to wear!

--> wearing a black jacket/top and a colored skirt, neither (if an average girl's clothes-budget permits it, she'll have matching shoes!!!)

--> wearing a skirt and a jacket with a tiny belt, well, it's just soo classic, feminin and modern, am I coping Rania or Letizia by wearing it myself?

--> having a beige-brown coat : well, it's just one of the "traditionnal" coat colors you see in all shops (and the white jacket/top under it, isn't very original imo !)

--> wearing a black jacket/top with a grey skirt with a detail : come on, every office-working lady wore that once in her life !!!

--> wearing black suit with a white scarff OR satin jacket : when I go to the opera,and don't want to look for some more complicated, I wear sometimes those, as (at least) 30% of women there - Am I coping anything or anyone???

Conclusion: those are some basic, universal models - you can't really talk about "unicity" or "originallity" here !!!

Plenty of girls wear "similar" things to those Rania or Letizia wear (I say "similar", because with Rania and Letizia, we're not talking about "same" pieces like some of "Natan"'s clients wear!)

So, am I completely and blindly in love with Letizia ????

But if that can make you feel better, let's continue saying that Letizia is coping Rania...;)

Last edited:
Lunalu said:
Well, you obviously missed my point!

As you maybe noticed, I do like Letizia, and even if I make some "oh how sweet" or "oh how cute" about F&L in their thread, I stay rationnal enough not to see pink hearts everywhere ;) !

My point was : Letizia and Rania are young, modern, rather elegant women, AND they wear lot of things that I or my female-friends or my female collegues or any average young woman wear for our/her professionnal activities (as anybody else who works in a "suit"-requested environment)

Of course, an average girl doesn't have the budget Rania or Letizia seem to have, but the models (payed 10 000, 5 000, 1 000, 500 or 100 €) - or at least the "basic" ones (the ready-to-wear) - do present a lot of similarities (just look at the buisness politic that very average firms like Zara or Mango or Mexx are developping) !

I'll take the effort to analyse for you some of "same" or "similar" models that Letizia "copied" from Rania (because, that seems to be the real problem:eek: ):

--> wearing a white suit isn't really an invention of Rania (almost everybody has a white suit, I'm the first of the list! And white is always popular)

--> wearing white jacket/top with black trousers, I doubt Rania or Letizia invented it, it's just a common thing to wear!

--> wearing a black jacket/top and a colored skirt, neither (if an average girl's clothes-budget permits it, she'll have matching shoes!!!)

--> wearing a skirt and a jacket with a tiny belt, well, it's just soo classic, feminin and modern, am I coping Rania or Letizia by wearing it myself?

--> having a beige-brown coat : well, it's just one of the "traditionnal" coat colors you see in all shops (and the white jacket/top under it, isn't very original imo !)

--> wearing a black jacket/top with a grey skirt with a detail : come on, every office-working lady wore that once in her life !!!

--> wearing black suit with a white scarff OR satin jacket : when I go to the opera,and don't want to look for some more complicated, I wear sometimes those, as (at least) 30% of women there - Am I coping anything or anyone???

Conclusion: those are some basic, universal models - you can't really talk about "unicity" or "originallity" here !!!

Plenty of girls wear "similar" things to those Rania or Letizia wear (I say "similar", because with Rania and Letizia, we're not talking about "same" as some "Nathan" clients are!)

But if that can make you feel better, let's continue saying that Letizia is coping Rania...;)

I agree with you Lunalu and everything what you said about Letizia coping Rania,because I don't think it's the case,everybody can wear a beige/cashemire caot,a white suit,a long skirt...,as it's not a Rania's invention,it's very different from the case of Mathilde and Maxima who wear exactly the same clothes sometimes from the Belgian brand "Nathan".

I developped the same point in a previous post last year when the article appeared in Holamagazine about Letizia's and Rania's similarities in clothes,the two ladies seem following the fashion tendencies,and the tendencies are the same whatever brand you wear,"a Prada or Armani..." or "a Zara or a Mango...",but I have to add a point,that when Letizia wear her clothes with those tendencies they are made especially for her by a personal tailor,and the difference with Rania that all she wears,she do it most the time with clothes directly brought from catwalks and designer's brands which are most the time recognisable,and this is the difference with what Letizia wears,her clothes might follow the tendencies,but almost never brought from catwalks,and seem very unique.

Exactly my opinion :cool: (lol, it's obvious that we're two girls from Belgium:) )

Queen Rania and Mary wearing the same jacket, its not the best qualiy pictures and Queen Ranias veil is somewhat covering the collar but Im sure they are the same. Queen Rania wore it first for a visit to the new Pope in September 2005, Mary wore it for a New Years reception in January 2006 (Nyrenyt and Getty)

I'd love to know the designer of that suit as well.

Princess Ayesha and her sister Iman wearing very similar dresses. Princess Iman's dress has more embroidered detail while Princess Ayesha's dress has the belt detail on the outside. (pictures from APL, DPA, Cover & Abaca)

Princess Muna also has a dress in similar style in bright orange. All three ladies first wore these dresses around the same time (2001/2002)

I think its safe to assume that they were made by the same designer that the JRF frequently uses for traditional gowns, kind of like the very similar golden/navy dresses worn by Queen Rania and Princess Ayesha.

Last edited:
~*~Humera~*~ said:
Princess Ayesha and her sister Iman wearing very similar dresses. Princess Iman's dress has more embroidered detail while Princess Ayesha's dress has the belt detail on the outside. (pictures from APL, DPA, Cover & Abaca)

ha! i knew it when i saw Princess Iman's pic that one of her sisters had a picture wearing a similar dress...then i saw Princess Aisha's pic from Corbis and knew that was it. couldn't figure out the details of the dress until now, though. thanks for posting the pic Humera! :cool:

love Princess Iman's dress more though. ;)

Ayesha

Totally OT: Is Ayesha a daughter of King Hussein? I don't remember her! or where she comes in the family???

tenngirl said:
Totally OT: Is Ayesha a daughter of King Hussein? I don't remember her! or where she comes in the family???

yes, she is. she's the daughter of King Hussein and Princess Muna, younger sis of King Abdullah and Prince Feisal, twin sis of Princess Zein, and older sis of Princess Iman. :D

RhapsodyBrat said:
yes, she is. she's the daughter of King Hussein and Princess Muna, younger sis of King Abdullah and Prince Feisal, twin sis of Princess Zein, and older sis of Princess Iman. :D

Thank you! I thought she was a twin, but I couldn't remember!

Exactly ..

it doesn't matter who wore these clothes first or weather it was bought from catwalks or designed esp. for HM..as long as she never fails to look stunning :D ....

2amar ya'7wati amar:p

RaniaRocks said:
Queen Rania wore it first, Rania Rocks!.:D

Princess Caroline and Queen Silvia (Getty and Polfoto)

Last edited:
Princess Victoria and Queen Rania (personally I think it fits better on Victoria)

( Getty and Hola.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom