Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 21: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I preferred the dress with the other, more contrasting hat and the dress seems to be creeping up. But it is a nice dress and the coat is lovely. The grand mistress seems to have a nice dress-coat too!

It was a lovely neat appearance today and colour on Queen Máxima today.

Without the hat it may have worked better. the dress is a lot already and the hat makes it even more costumy. But if she was ever to rewear this again a fashion event is very appropriate, esp. as the designer is Dutch-Morcoccan.

Look number 2 today, at the opening of the exhibition MOḌA - Moroccan Fashion Statements in Utrecht.

The creation is by Benchellal and was a bit longer first:

** Full view ** Full view ** Full view ** September 2022 **
Its a bit too much for an indoor event ,the colours and hairstyle are really lovely,but the outfit would be better suited to an outdoor event in autumn.

I prefer this shorter length. It’s a lovely polished look and an attractive colour and sheen to the fabric, but I do agree it’s probably better suited to a different event.

It is an event about Moroccan fashion and she is wearing an outfit by a Dutch-Moroccan designer. In terms o=f events I can't see where this would be more appropriate TBH.

It is an event about Moroccan fashion and she is wearing an outfit by a Dutch-Moroccan designer. In terms o=f events I can't see where this would be more appropriate TBH.
I get that its by a Moroccan designer and it was perfect for an outdoor event such as Prinsjesdag but it looked a little too much for an indoor one such as yesterday.

I'd imagine it felt a little heavy when the heating was on inside the event.

The outfit gives off a 1950s glam look to me. I love her hair and would love a better look at how she has styled it. LIke a lot of what Maxima wears it's just too much!

The outfit gives off a 1950s glam look to me. I love her hair and would love a better look at how she has styled it. LIke a lot of what Maxima wears it's just too much!
Maxima can indeed pull out all the stops when she wants and was dressed to the nines yesterday for a fashion show in Utrecht and a wonderful polished look and hairstyle,
But sadly last week in NYC at a more high profile UN event we had the Boris Johnson hair!

Máxima on today's Prinsjesdag 2024:

** Full view ** Upper part **

I like the color but I have issues with the bow on the shoulder. When she's at the balcony facing front the heavy oversized bow looks good and blends in nicely. But the previous picture with the side profile, it looks like she didn't notice her dress got caught on a giant palace door curtain and she's dragging it like a toll truck.

Look number 2 today, at the opening of the exhibition MOḌA - Moroccan Fashion Statements in Utrecht.
The creation is by Benchellal and was a bit longer first:
** Full view ** Full view ** Full view ** September 2022 **

Was this a costume party and Maxima came as combination of Faye Dunaway in the movie Bonnie and Clyde and Mia Farrow in The Great Gatsby?

I mean, she looks great still but in an excessive, out of this era way. But she does look good, and we know Maxima, as her name goes, never goes for the subtle. I can actually picture her getting in a Model T car after the party to time travel to a Hollywood set in the 30s

Last edited:
I preferred the dress with the other, more contrasting hat and the dress seems to be creeping up. But it is a nice dress and the coat is lovely. The grand mistress seems to have a nice dress-coat too!

I really dislike this hat choice. I’m not a fan of the style. The first one was much better. I’m not a fan of the coat (cape?) either. I really like the blue dress though. Very pretty.

It does to me too. I was thinking it reminded me specifically of Old Hollywood glamour. Her hair was nice. The hat- even though it was small- was a bit much. The outfit itself was enough.

Back
Top Bottom