Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2019 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
With yesterday's Taminiau outfit this is the best daytime outfit HM has worn during this visit. Not that the bar was particularly high during this trip ;).

Last edited:
Yes I agree this is a really polished look on queen Máxima and wish we had seen more of this in general.

I think for this tour there has been more difficulty in combining Maxima's usual style on State Visits with the climate she is in. Usually on State Visits, her outfits are structured, close fitting and use heavier materials. Here, lighter fabrics less closely fitted have been required and so trying to emulate the familiar silhouette we are used to hasn't worked so well.

But indeed Taminiau must be a better at cutting and fitting lighter fabrics than Natan if yesterday's brown outfit is to go by.

I think for this tour there has been more difficulty in combining Maxima's usual style on State Visits with the climate she is in. Usually on State Visits, her outfits are structured, close fitting and use heavier materials. Here, lighter fabrics less closely fitted have been required and so trying to emulate the familiar silhouette we are used to hasn't worked so well.

But indeed Taminiau must be a better at cutting and fitting lighter fabrics than Natan if yesterday's brown outfit is to go by.

True but it’s not as though she hasn’t been before. Personally, I can’t think of anything worse than having to dressed up in 30 + heat.
Maxima seems to be a woman of extremes. She either looks absolutely fantastic or like she dressed in the dark. Presumably she will pull out the stops next week in Japan.

I like her grey dress wirth orange-red sash, and jewellery but like theroyalfly, I'm bothered by her facinator!

Really beautiful colour on queen Máxima ,I have mixed feelings on the fascinator.

I love the dress, I feel like the gloves are OTT and that head piece is horrendous.

The fascinator weas worn before at the christening of her daughters, i believe it was Alexia's.

The gown is OK , but nothing special. The headpiece and gloves are OTT.

The dress is beautiful! I really dislike fascinators in general but this one doesn't annoy as much as the little teeny tiny ones usually seen.

I love her dress. While I don't love her hat/head piece, at least it seems to go better with her dress than some of the other royal ladies choices.

Love Queen Maxima dress and for once I like her headpiece even if it is OTT, You can see her AND she is not blocking anyone’s view!

Last edited:
I must say I do often wonder these days if Maxima is taking inspiration from Queen Juliana, who often wore rather dramatic hats especially when she was younger!
Whilst the colour of the outfit is quite muted and the silhouette of the gown very simple, I do think the hat adds drama to the over all look.

Another woman who got the dress code right. I had to look again to see if it really was Maxima, I mean she usually dresses with more colour and distinct personal style. That is not to say I didn't like her ensemble, I did very much and loved that like Mary, she used her hat to add a little whimsical flair. Once again, event perfect.

For those who don't like gloves, they are part of formal Court Dress.

Beautiful day dress and shocking myself love the head piece.

Glad to see she actually wore gloves like all the Japanese ladies and none of the European. They just carry them. The dress is just too big for dayt as well as the hat, IMO.jewelw, perfect

The suit is really nice its queen Máxima's hair that really needs attention and lets down her appearance at an Imperial audience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom