Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 16: September 2019 - May 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh dear if ever there was a reason to ditch Nathan its very evident today,dress looks terribly wrinkled and then paired with the patriotic orange hat???

A Queen is to look regal, to appear and for the public to be taken with her charm and presence. Queen Maxima has that, but she has bad taste and sometimes she is so incredible tacky. The hat is a ridiculous distraction. How can she be taken seriously?

Nothing says Natan like wrinkles and weird fit.

I think the hat would be good if she ever goes back to Ascot or comes to the US for the Kentucky Derby. I think she looked better when she wore this dress in May 2019 though it isn't the best color for her. What really got me was the second picture you posted. Whoever did the closings and finishing on the back of the dress apparently never got past a junior high sewing class. Is this usual Natan or just a particularly bad example of his work?

Nothing says Natan like wrinkles and weird fit.

Indeed, the dress is not good at all. The hat doesn’t go with the dress. The hat on its own is quite something.

Indeed Ista re Natan so not good.. the outfit leaves much to be desired.

Well, I mean Max has the personality to pull off some unconventional looks but this isn't one of them...

It looks like Maxima's holding her dress inbetween her legs on purpose, not a fan of this design. Her hat is... interesting. :ermm:

Don’t like either of her blue outfits today. Very frumpy

I agree. I might go further. On this trip to India, Max's day dress game really has not been up to scratch. Perhaps its time to retreat to the classics again.

It is sweltering hot and very humid in India. Logical that the Queen does not go for classic deux-pièces or heavy or richly embroided materials. It are all summery choices so far.

It is sweltering hot and very humid in India. Logical that the Queen does not go for classic deux-pièces or heavy or richly embroided materials. It are all summery choices so far.

Summery choices can be smart and elegant, they don't have to be fussy and / or frumpy as Max seems to have chosen this time.

The blue dress is a frumpy mess, and the fascinator and peekaboo hole under the bustline just add to the effect. What an extremely odd choice all around.

The aqua dress is just a nonentity--I can't think of much to say about it. The sari-inspired evening dress was sublime, but aside from that Maxima hasn't appeared at her best during this trip.

Summery choices can be smart and elegant, they don't have to be fussy and / or frumpy as Max seems to have chosen this time.

Agree the wardrobe would have planned in advance of the State Visit and something is seriously not working in Queen Máxima's style team as they've been getting is wrong for far too long.

Ofcourse there's are the odd rays of sunshine too.

The blue dress is a frumpy mess, and the fascinator and peekaboo hole under the bustline just add to the effect. What an extremely odd choice all around.

The aqua dress is just a nonentity--I can't think of much to say about it. The sari-inspired evening dress was sublime, but aside from that Maxima hasn't appeared at her best during this trip.

I’m not entirely sure when you would wear the blue dress. But definitely not in a fairly conservative country when you’re a high profile visitor.

The private evening dress is so perfect for her. Any id on it? The two blue dresses today should be burned along with their hats

That hat is certainly something! :eek: The dress is lovely, though, and I really like that shade of blue on her.

:previous:

At first I wasn't sure whether I liked it, the top part looked black and therefore a bit too dark, but after having seen other photos I've noticed that it's brown and the dress Máxima has worn during this year's summer photosession:

** Full view ** July 2019 **

Last edited:
Same here but looks much nicer in the light and by far one of the better outfits during this State Visit.

Her day looks have been a total mess this tour save for this last dress.

The first blue dress was horrid. Ill fitting and bad design. And the cut out in the bust area seems inappropriate there. The head piece is a joke as well.

The second blue dress if it fit better would be nice. And I like the hat actually.

This striped look is great though. Love it. Best day look all tour by far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom