Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 15: February 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Love the dress. Perfect for Ascot and such a flattering shade for her. I almost love the hat were it not for the fact that it completely hides the one side of her face which makes it appear a little ridiculous and more fancy dress. I am also in two minds as to whether an ‘up do’ would have been better, but her hair is so beautifully styled. I am just pleased to see her fully embracing the Ascot style as I think we all knew she would.

I have to comment on Ascot. I loved the dress and I even liked the hat in concept. She was radiant and beautiful.

But if I am seated to Elizabeth's left in a carriage, I would not ever wear a hat that completely blocked my conversation with her. There is fun fashion and then there is ill informed fashion. To me, this was the later. JMO.

But if I am seated to Elizabeth's left in a carriage, I would not ever wear a hat that completely blocked my conversation with her. There is fun fashion and then there is ill informed fashion. To me, this was the later. JMO.

True, that was a kind of bad fashion planning, the left and right seating plan should have been thought about..

Máxima attended a second event this afternoon and removed the hat for it - her hair looked pretty good today:

** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

The burgundy dress of today seems to be rather simular to the brown-ish dress of yesterday at Ascot, just a different colour and perhaps a slightly different texture.

Last edited:
I have to comment on Ascot. I loved the dress and I even liked the hat in concept. She was radiant and beautiful.

From what I could see on ITV, which showed the procession advancing on the racecourse, to arrive at the royal enclosure, there was zero blocking. On the contrary: the whole time the two Queens were in an animated chat. Just turn the head towards the speaker, "problem" solved.

Last edited:
the dress is lovely enough i like the color,the hat doesn't match with the dres

The berry shade dress yesterday was in the same style to the brown one at Royal Ascot. Not that they are exactly the same, but they give off the same vibe.

I'd prefer the berry one as the colour is not so bland and no scrunchies at the neck and wrists

Last edited:
Love the top, hate the pants-please stop wearing them.

Not a great combination and the disheveled hair is back.

Yay, a Natan dress I actually like. Not so boxy in the skirt. Lovely neckline and colour.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like it,the colour is lovely on Queen Máxima and perfect for a warm summers day.

:previous: Well, you have to hand it to Max, she obviously wore those voluminous pants to provide an air encapsulating effect just in case she had to jump out of a perfectly serviceable aircraft and her parachute was dodgy, they'd help with the descent!
Those earrings! Way to bring out the big boys, Maxima! I love what she’s wearing. From the hat to the shoes, she looks great!
I don´t care for the dress, but I love the color of her shoes and the fascinator combined with the way her hair is styled is lovely. And just casually wearing big ass diamond earrings to a day event, as you do.
Yes, Queen Max left an indelible impression at Ascot and most normal people just saw her as joining in the spirit of the Event. I love that she did it her way and, after seeing some photos of the closeness between the Dutch and the Japanese royal families, I hope Max gave Masako a Masterclass in how to tell the IHA just where to get off . . . in the nicest possible way of course. :D

Now that's a couple whose ensembles I'd love to be critiquing at a joint official occasion.

I noticed that even her dress was criticized (as inappropriate to wear a 'Hawaiian' dress) on Twitter in the criticism regarding her meeting with the crown prince of Saudi Arabia.

I noticed that even her dress was criticized (as inappropriate to wear a 'Hawaiian' dress) on Twitter in the criticism regarding her meeting with the crown prince of Saudi Arabia.

Was it a black dress, it would have been criticised as well. That simply is the basic life form of an amoeba, eh Twitter, I mean.

The upper part looks amazingly Summery theme. The black contrast on the skirt part--- i don't know.

I’m not keen on all these browns & beiges Max likes to wear. But she does look very dignified.

Minus the ugly necklace Queen Máxima looks lovely and her hair looks fantastic in that style.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom