Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 15: February 2019 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect for this occasion, hands down best appearance. Great to see Max shining while dressing subdued.

Best dressed of the day IMO. She looks every inch a Queen! Love it.

ITA! Queen Maxima is the best dressed of all these ladies in this grouping, because she looks elegant, effortless and fashion forward out of all the ladies with what they are wearing. It's surprising to see Queen Letizia so dressed down and not looking as elegant and youthful as she normally dresses.

Lovely outfit. Belt seems a bit wide, but nice elegant and simple outfit.
I think Maxima has the best outfit of the day on.

LaRae
Best dressed of the day IMO. She looks every inch a Queen! Love it.
Hmm, there is a lot to unpack in Maxima's ensemble because it defines that slim line between "meh" and "Memorable".

Her dress is or could have been boring, but it is saved by her beautiful posture that allowed a cape to flow beautifully down the back and sides without a crease to be seen.

It could have been overly sedate, with its rosy-beige colour with its almost severe cut but was saved by the variation of colour on the lapels of her dress and a whopping great wide belt that displayed her enviable figure and trim waist and, in the above-mentioned cape.

Maxima's attention to detail and drawing together her hair, hat, gloves, clutch and shoes are a rare masterclass in "What the spouse of a Garter Knight wears" while relegated to the outdoors and still look 'Regal'.

But, when all is said and done, I have to say the hat won the day! To call it a fascinator as the DM did and faux pas to boot is just plain wrong. That is a confection worthy of a really old fashioned day at Ascot, so to say it is not a hat does not do it justice. Maxima stashed an amazing banquet of silk summer roses along that brim. That hat took a perfectly acceptable if somewhat sedate ensemble from "meh" to 'majestic.

No hat but beautifully tailored and sedate (for Max):
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/17/13/14888752-7149057-image-a-1_1560773256202.jpg

Just Max:
https://previews.rexfeatures.com/pr...d45b64719cfd1c1d4c05d625cac3c25344e2df6479655

Hmm, there is a lot to unpack in Maxima's ensemble because it defines that slim line between "meh" and "Memorable".

Her dress is or could have been boring, but it is saved by her beautiful posture that allowed a cape to flow beautifully down the back and sides without a crease to be seen.

It could have been overly sedate, with its rosy-beige colour with its almost severe cut but was saved by the variation of colour on the lapels of her dress and a whopping great wide belt that displayed her enviable figure and trim waist and, in the above-mentioned cape.

Maxima's attention to detail and drawing together her hair, hat, gloves, clutch and shoes are a rare masterclass in "What the spouse of a Garter Knight wears" while relegated to the outdoors and still look 'Regal'.

But, when all is said and done, I have to say the hat won the day! To call it a fascinator as the DM did and faux pas to boot is just plain wrong. That is a confection worthy of a really old fashioned day at Ascot, so to say it is not a hat does not do it justice. Maxima stashed an amazing banquet of silk summer roses along that brim. That hat took a perfectly acceptable if somewhat sedate ensemble from "meh" to 'majestic.

No hat but beautifully tailored and sedate (for Max):
https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2019/06/17/13/14888752-7149057-image-a-1_1560773256202.jpg

Just Max:
https://previews.rexfeatures.com/pr...d45b64719cfd1c1d4c05d625cac3c25344e2df6479655

She was absolute perfection!!

Let's see what Máxima brings to Ascot today!!

First look at the Ascot outfit:

https://www.hellomagazine.com/fashi...874305/queen-maxima-stuns-outfit-royal-ascot/

Haven't got a good look at the dress yet, but I must say, I'm disappointed in the hat.

It's not elegant or chic, more like those random wacky hats you see in the Royal Ascot news every year.

Full length of the dress:
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...f-the-prince-picture-id1156717613?s=2048x2048

Those gigantic diamond earrings:
https://media.gettyimages.com/photo...a-of-the-day-picture-id1150564008?s=2048x2048

Last edited by a moderator:
Glorious.
A very un-Máxima sort of hat.

She clearly went out-of-the-box for Ascot.
I noticed impressive diamond bracelets as well.

I'm glad I waited to see the full length shots of Maxima, because I wasn't impressed with the look from the carriage photos, but I actually really like this a lot in the full length views. Of course, the dress and hat are really just background for the diamond earrings!:flowers:

Oh, dearie me, no...

An 'OTT' hat is fine at Ascot [obv], but in combination with elaborately styled long hair, and enormous earrings, it just looks 'too much', and all rather a mess.

Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 15: February 2019 -

I love the hat it really stands out, but the dress is blah. The gloves are also a bit silly.

I like Queen Máxima's hat but would have preferred an updo hairstyle the dress too is nice and the jewels are stunning.

Those earrings! Way to bring out the big boys, Maxima! I love what she’s wearing. From the hat to the shoes, she looks great!

I don´t care for the dress, but I love the color of her shoes and the fascinator combined with the way her hair is styled is lovely. And just casually wearing big ass diamond earrings to a day event, as you do.

I like Maxima's hat as it suits Ascot. The combination with the dress looks nice. I don't know what I was expecting for today but I feel a little disappointed and I am not sure why. Maybe if the colors were brighter.

Excluding the belt I love the dress. Very regal and beautiful.

I dislike the dress. Beautiful color but I don't like the print.

The diamonds are amazing, but too much for daytime? I guess anything goes! The dress is ok, nothing special, but she looks good in it.

I dislike the dress.
As for the hat, it looks more like Maxima put a potted plant on her head.

I was expecting Maxima to go for a "bigger" or more vibrant dress for Ascot but her hat makes up for it! I rather like her outfit, though. The colour of her dress is beautiful on her.

For day one of this year's Royal Ascot race meeting, Queen Maxima wore one of the ugliest hats I have ever seen. Both Getty Images and PPE Agency have photographs showing Queen Maxima from the flowery side of the hat and the image is appalling.

Queen Maxima has a beautiful smile and looked fabulous at the Order of the Garter. As a queen I do not like her constant smiling. At the Royal Ascot, the hat made her look like a "new rich". Too much. How can she talk with the people at her left. She was sitting next to Queen Elizabeth II. It seems disrespectful. Horrible hat for a Queen.

Last edited:
Queen Maxima looks absolutely to the max. I love her ensemble and her hat is perfect for Ascot which is known for its hats almost more than its horses! But you are correct, it did get in the way for speaking to Queen Elizabeth. Had she been a regular Ascot patron she would have discovered the exact parameters for a 'Royal' Ascot hat and never had that problem again, but this is all new territory for everyone. Until recently the only person sitting next to HM would have been Prince Philip so the situation hasn't really arisen.

I like her dress choice. Yes a bit meh, but considering her diamonds, hair and hat, it works. She doesn't need an ott dress too.

Her hair looks amazing and wow on the earrings.

Normally I'd hate the hat but it's great for ascot and with her hair. :flowers:

Queen Maxima looks absolutely to the max. I love her ensemble and her hat is perfect for Ascot which is known for its hats almost more than its horses! But you are correct, it did get in the way for speaking to Queen Elizabeth. Had she been a regular Ascot patron she would have discovered the exact parameters for a 'Royal' Ascot hat and never had that problem again, but this is all new territory for everyone. Until recently the only person sitting next to HM would have been Prince Philip so the situation hasn't really arisen.

I have seen pictures of the Ascot events. It is part of the tradition and its famous for the OTT hats worn by guests. Not appropriate for a Queen at all. QM knew she was going to sit next to Queen Elizabeth II. It was inappropriate.

Last edited:
This hat could be an interesting creation but to wear it you have to seat alone!! What a non confortable item to be in society with!! It reminds me the hat CP Marie-Chantal worn in the wedding of then Prince of Asturias with Letizia Ortiz. A lovely but enormous UFO ready to fly!! What a lack of manners.

The whole outfit seems just fine for ascot, wonderful in fact and sets off the earrings. I don’t know why she wears leather gloves in the summer, at least she is wearing them

Queen Maxima has a beautiful smile and looked fabulous at the Order of the Garter. As a queen I do not like her constant smiling. At the Royal Ascot, the hat made her look like a "new rich". Too much. How can she talk with the people at her left. She was sitting next to Queen Elizabeth II. It seems disrespectful. Horrible hat for a Queen.

Queen Máxima has a neck you know. She can actually move her head into all directions, for an example to chat with Queen Elizabeth.

On the live feed showing the procession making their way over the racecourse towards the royal enclosure one could see both Queens wonderfully interacting in a most well-willing and natural way. Both Queens were immediately solemn when the God Save The Queen was played. The two gentlemen (the King and the Duke of York) lifted their hats. Very stylish, very respectful. And for the rest: this is a horse race, not a State Funeral. It is exactly the meaning that everyone is laughing, is in good cheer, nips a champagne and eventually takes a gamble.

Queen Máxima was her vibrant self and her appearance effortlessly blended into that of the others at the royal enclosure.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom