Queen Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 11: December 2016 - June 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I suppose it would be better to compare the queen to other ladies of her own generation, which would be princesses Mabel and Laurentien.

Laurentien is eh... let me say: no competition at all. Mabel is a category on her own.

They can not be Máxima's examples. These are Mathilde, Letizia, Victoria, Mette-Marit, Charlène, Masako, Sophie of L, Stéphanie and Catherine.

Máxima looked fantastic at the wedding! The dress suits her and it was well combined with a nice hairstyle and accessories/jewellery.

Here's another view:

** Upper part **

Is that Princess Ariane of the Netherlands as one of the bridesmaids? (at the right side of the picture)

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/02/05/09/3CD72D3100000578-4192186-image-a-34_1486285705828.jpg

Yes, that is princess Ariane. The left bridesmaid is princess Alexia, the second daughter of Queen Máxima and King Willem-Alexander. The Princess of Orange was attending the wedding with her parents too, so the whole family was there. I suspect they know the bride and the groom from holidays in Greece.

Yes, that is princess Ariane. The left bridesmaid is princess Alexia, the second daughter of Queen Máxima and King Willem-Alexander. The Princess of Orange was attending the wedding with her parents too, so the whole family was there. I suspect they know the bride and the groom from holidays in Greece.

Yes indeed. Pretty surprising attendance, but nice to see that they have made friends in Greece.

Maxima looked absolutely stunning at the wedding - loved the dress-color and style were perfect for her and her make-up and hair were flawless. She wears the softly styled hair very well - if only she could do this all the time (when not in an up-do of course - she's great with up-dos) Straight, stringy hair is not a good look for her (or anyone, actually)

I loved the conbination with the diamonds-and-amethysts demi-parure.

I did not like the dress on the Swedish crown princess and I like it even less on the Queen. To girly, too barbie and it does not fit well. I am also tired of Saab & his lace and of headpieces alltogether.

The jewels were nice though, and despite the outfit the Queen looked pretty.

Last edited:
Maxima unfortunately looks messy. The teal and orange don't work, the coat isn't pretty and the open hair with the neck tie is a bit too much IMO.

Maxima today. A big NO to everything she is wearing
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C4EnSUTWIAAgOL-.jpg

fuzzy sweater, the colors:ohmy:

It was just the private arrival at the airport, at 17.00 o'clock, it was already becoming evening. Give the girl a break...

The first day-events of the visit are tomorrow. Then we will see Queen Máxima with hat, gloves et al.

After this arrival, the royal couple has changed for evening attire at Schloss Wartburg. The first banquet is this evening already: https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/binar...lt-en-thuringen/kasteel-de-wartburg-diner.jpg

Last edited:
Queen Maxima startet 2017 with Fashion Mistakes e.a. Second New year Event .

This Evening Summer open shoes in February !

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible outfit on Queen Maxima,her style has taken a major tumble of late.

Horrific. I have never liked the orange suit. The shade is hideous and it looks badly tailored. I love the color if the top but it looks horrid under this. I liked the cost the first time, but looked nice with the complimentary outfit. She just looks like a mullet vomited on her.

Disappointed. She has some major misses, but when she is on a visit, she usually shines. But I guess this was just the airport and official welcome. Hopefully the Maxima I love will shine tomorrow. Hats and accessories, and beautiful updos, the Max we usually see on tours.

The coat is fine. The skirt and top look like a maternity outfit, the top not fitting well across the arms, typically natan

The royal couple went to a former concentration camp. On TV it looked freezing cold. The subdued colours and restrained appearance were in line with the solemn and sombre visit to that horrible place, once hell on earth for many poor souls.

I don't like the combination she made!!

I think she should have kept the coat ...

I like the different tones of grey, the matching accessoires and the beautiful large diamond broche with the grey pearls. The subdued colours fit with the day program which started in a former Concentration Camp from Nazi era. :-(

Im not sure about todays look. I like the skirt and top with the had but i dont like it with the coat, all in all its a way to much grey imo. She has better looks imo.

It looked much better with the coat on,the top and skirt minus the coat looked mismatched.

Now this is the Max I know and love. :flowers:

Only miss was the top. Didn't fit right, and doesn't go. I like the skirt though.

I love the coat. Very elegant. Much better with it on.

Her accessories are always on point.

But I love her the most fro, the neck up. The beautiful updo. And a real hat. A million thanks to Max for a real elegant full hat. No fascinator or or pill box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom