Queen Máxima Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's the ugliest version of the magnificent Stuart I've to say. I would get rid of the necklace as well, it looks busy there.

It is the only full diamond tiara of a certain size in the Dutch collection, so I understand why HM wears it often. In the smaller setting it is less grand. I think I like the Luxembourg version best and this one the least as it is clear that a stone is missing in the middle.

Last edited:
That's the ugliest version of the magnificent Stuart I've to say. I would get rid of the necklace as well, it looks busy there.

I have to agree with you on both fronts, I am not fond of this version of the Stuart tiara and think it is missing a central focus point.

I also think the necklace was superfluous, and did not add anything.

I have to agree with you on both fronts, I am not fond of this version of the Stuart tiara and think it is missing a central focus point.

I also think the necklace was superfluous, and did not add anything.

Agree. The dress is very intricate and rich, so the rivière is quite not needed. Overall she looks a bit overcrowded.
And the tiara needs a central element like at the SV in Luxembourg.

Agree. The dress is very intricate and rich, so the rivière is quite not needed. Overall she looks a bit overcrowded.
And the tiara needs a central element like at the SV in Luxembourg.

Intricate,Beautifull and just a delight to see with the oriental twist!Maxima is Maxima,not a calvinistic dutch woman,not in her taste,not in her approach to life!And thank Gawd for that!So long live the rivieres,if you got it,flaunt it.Less is more is just not true,it is something those who haven´t as much invented to excuse themselves.Now,and we,never excuse ourselves do we Maxima?Nah...not really no..

A `larger`version of this tiara would have shifted attention from the Bride,it was HER day.So,sweat it out and hope for a full tiara and parure for the next State Visit this momnth in Belgium.

This tiara doesn´t need anything,in it´s original form but the Stuart,or Holland,Diamant.That stone alone,blasts all other jewellery present anywhere out of the window.

Last edited:

I think the problem is not with the tiara and the too-much necklace. I think that the Belle Epoque ice does not suit modern clothes and hairstyles and this happens a lot with royal jewels. The royal ladies need modern jewellery.

Any photo from Maxima this evening? I can only find photos from her backview.

Any photo from Maxima this evening? I can only find photos from her backview.

I’ve only seen the back view as well. To me, it appears she is wearing the sapphire necklace tiara and the trellis necklace.

I’ve only seen the back view as well. To me, it appears she is wearing the sapphire necklace tiara and the trellis necklace.

I'm hoping for her frontview photos...

Maxima is wearing the Sapphire Necklace tiara for the first time since 2010.

Finally a back view front!!!:flowers::flowers::flowers::flowers::whistling:

Last edited:
Maxima is wearing the Sapphire Necklace tiara for the first time since 2010.

That is correct. In 2010, Maxima wore the Sapphire Necklace tiara for the 70th birthday celebrations of Queen Margarethe II in Denmark. If I am not mistaken, it is the only other time this tiara has been worn by Maxima.

Nice to see her given the sapphire necklace/tiara another outing and with the festoon necklace with sapphires it makes a nice married Parure. Wonder if the necklace/tiara can still be worn as necklace as we haven't seen it as this since decades

The Sapphires were really beautiful at last nights Gala.

Nice to see her given the sapphire necklace/tiara another outing and with the festoon necklace with sapphires it makes a nice married Parure. Wonder if the necklace/tiara can still be worn as necklace as we haven't seen it as this since decades

I wonder if the necklace tiara could be modified marginally such that the middle element on the top of the tiara could be made a little higher, providing a gentle focal point. I think it will improve the overall look of the tiara considerably.

Are the earrings part of the parure

Not they are different. It is also no Parure The necklace is a single piece which can be worn with either diamonds, sapphires, or pearls. And the tiara/neckalce is the necklace from the big Diamond and sapphire Parure put on a tiara frame and topped with sapphire clusters from another sapphire Parure which had belonged to Queen Wilhelmina and was broken up.

Thank you for that. I had no idea those pieces were so versatile

The queen's jewels are really beautiful today :previous:

Thank you for that identification of the brooch. Don’t think I have seen it before. Her jewelry is just right today

Oh yes,it is usually worn with a large pendant pearl,an old piece.
It used to adorn,together with I believe 7 or 8 other simular pieces a tiara of IIRC Queen Sophie.

Last edited:
Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore Queen Wilhelmina’s Stuart Tiara for the banquet during the state visit to Belgium at the Castle of Laeken in Brussels, Belgium on 20 June 2023. Using a version wore last year in Sweden.

Maxima | Photo by Albert Nieboer

Last edited:
Queen Maxima of the Netherlands wore Queen Wilhelmina’s Stuart Tiara for the banquet during the state visit to Belgium at the Castle of Laeken in Brussels, Belgium on 20 June 2023. Using a version wore last year in Sweden.

Maxima | Photo by Albert Nieboer

The Stuart tiara seems to be Queen Maxima's favourite tiara nowadays. It looks good on her and there are several versions.

Nice to see the tiara worn with the necklace again.

Back
Top Bottom