Queen Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 19: September 2022 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought everything is good until I saw the hole. It's too odd and even like it's photoshopped.

Dear God, that's ugly. Not the pattern, I actually like the pattern, but the hole. Who let her leave the house looking like that? Maybe a social media influencer or pop star or actress could get away with wearing that, but not the Queen of Spain. It looks like the family dog chewed a hole in it.

I could not agree more with you. So not appropriate for the Queen.

Queen Letizia at the 22nd edition of Opera Prima Film Festival in Tudela today, November 2 - had to look twice at that skirt...

** Full view ** gallery **

Addition: it's a skirt by H&M

WHY?! That hole looks hideous imo. It would be a nice skirt without that.

;)Her skirt provided a good laugh although I'm not sure that's what she was going for.

I start seriously thinking that sometimes she gets mad. Unacceptable for her age and position and in top of all ugly

With that small smile in most pictures, I wonder if she lost some type of bet, and this was her "payment"! Actually, nothing else even makes sense. Plus, what type of establishment even sells this! The print fine as we have all seen much worse, but a hole at the knee, absolutely bizarre. Someone please find out the designer, if possible. If older than 15, I would be annoyed. JMO

With that small smile in most pictures, I wonder if she lost some type of bet, and this was her "payment"! Actually, nothing else even makes sense. Plus, what type of establishment even sells this? The print is fine as we have all seen much worse, but a hole at the knee, is absolutely bizarre. Someone, please find out the designer, if possible. If older than 15, I would be annoyed. JMO

If you look upthread, iceflower identified the designer as H&M. They make some very nice clothes, but this was obviously a swing and a miss.

If Leonor or Sofía wore this skirt it would be charming and cute. We'd all say they were "experimenting with fashion". However there is something wrong with a 50 year old Queen wearing such a skirt.

The skirt is a design by the Japanese Yasuko Furuta for H&M, it is a genderless collection of 2021.

https://www.huffingtonpos..._63625aa8e4b0ae77bc1ff0cb

The firm's designer, the Japanese Yasuko Furuta, said in an interview with the Swedish brand that this skirt was her favorite garment in the collection. ”The black and white checkered skirt with a slit! It is a reason that I have been working on for years, especially in the fact that a greater public can wear this garment is incredible, ”she pointed out at the time.

She also saw in the skirt a way for women to choose which part of their body to show because of its versatility.

“The opening of the skirt is part of that idea, to allow women to make that decision. Decide in what proportion to show their body, not to meet any expectations, but to be faithful to what makes them feel comfortable”

I start to think she is one of those women who can't grow old with grace....

If it wasnt for this ridiculous whole, the skirt would have been nice.

The skirt is a design by the Japanese Yasuko Furuta for H&M, it is a genderless collection of 2021.

https://www.huffingtonpos..._63625aa8e4b0ae77bc1ff0cb

The firm's designer, the Japanese Yasuko Furuta, said in an interview with the Swedish brand that this skirt was her favorite garment in the collection. ”The black and white checkered skirt with a slit! It is a reason that I have been working on for years, especially in the fact that a greater public can wear this garment is incredible, ”she pointed out at the time.

She also saw in the skirt a way for women to choose which part of their body to show because of its versatility.

“The opening of the skirt is part of that idea, to allow women to make that decision. Decide in what proportion to show their body, not to meet any expectations, but to be faithful to what makes them feel comfortable”

This makes me dislike the skirt even more!

Perhaps if the Queen was opening a contemporary Japanese art exhibition she could have gotten away with wearing a dress by modern Japanese designer. However this wasn't the case.

The designer is also a contradiction. The skirt is part of a "genderless" collection yet the designer assumes wearers of the skirt will be "women".
Smh.

Why am I not surprised it is Queen Letizia that should wear such an ill-conceived ensemble? She is such an attention grabber and this is merely the latest bad-taste "look-at-me" ensemble she has worn. I have always felt that beneath the skin Letizia just plain does not really like the monarchy at all.

From her early slaps in the face wearing capri pants and sandals standing beside her husband in full dress Uniform. There were several blatant examples of such behavior at formal engagements. That she should now choose to wear an ensemble with such a big "statement" hole in the skirt that is wider than her thigh is more than bad taste, it is meant to stir strong feelings of disgust at just how offensive that is to the people. It also demeans her husband, King Felipe that she doesn't care what the people of Spain think about his wife and their Queen.

Last edited:
I don't hate it. I don't know why I don't, but I don't.

I think it's important to remember Letizia looks perfectly appropriate and usually very lovely more than 90% of the time, so if she wants to go avant-garde for one day at a film festival, I'm just not that fussed.

If she wants to start dressing like this all the time, there might be an issue.

I start to think she is one of those women who can't grow old with grace....

If it wasnt for this ridiculous whole, the skirt would have been nice.

The skirt looks ridiculous on Letizia despite all of the sugary claptrap from the designer ,might be fine on an ordinary Joe soap but on the queen consort of Spain looks most silly.

Why am I not surprised it is Queen Letizia that should wear such an ill-conceived ensemble? She is such an attention grabber and this is merely the latest bad-taste "look-at-me" ensemble she has worn. I have always felt that beneath the skin Letizia just plain does not really like the monarchy at all.

From her early slaps in the face wearing capri pants and sandals standing beside her husband in full dress Uniform. There were several blatant examples of such behavior at formal engagements. That she should now choose to wear an ensemble with such a big "statement" hole in the skirt that is wider than her thigh is more than bad taste, it is meant to stir strong feelings of disgust at just how offensive that is to the people. It also demeans her husband, King Felipe that she doesn't care what the people of Spain think about his wife and their Queen.

I think this is overkill. You're reading waaaaaaaaaaay too much into an H&M skirt. It wasn't offensive, it was ugly. We've seen plenty of royals wear ugly clothes. It doesn't mean they hate their families, their spouses, or their countries.

In my twenties, I would have felt perfectly at ease wearing distressed jeans with holes in the knees and a comfortable top to go out and about running errands.

In my fifties, having a gaping hole in the front of my clothing is simply poor taste, and I'm not a queen.

A vast improvement on yesterdays appalling attention seeking outfit and more fitting one today for the visit.

Queen Letizia in Carolina Herrera at the lunch for the President of Paraguay today, November 3:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** gallery ** Infanta Sofia October 2021 **

Beautiful dress, but I would have gone with nude shoes, rather than black. They elongate the leg and make you look taller. Unless there's black in the dress (or skirt), and you're wanting to bring that color out, it sometimes reads as too severe.

Also, I think it's neat that either Sofia raids her mother's closet, or Letizia raids Sofia's. I could never wear my mom's clothes and vice-versa.

Beautiful dress, but I would have gone with nude shoes, rather than black. They elongate the leg and make you look taller. Unless there's black in the dress (or skirt), and you're wanting to bring that color out, it sometimes reads as too severe.

Also, I think it's neat that either Sofia raids her mother's closet, or Letizia raids Sofia's. I could never wear my mom's clothes and vice-versa.
I would rather believe that Sofia raids her mother's closet. Having a Carolina Herrera dress at 14ies is not very plausible for the 2 Infantas.

Those are very small dots. Is it strange that it suits both Letizia and young Sofia?

Those are very small dots. Is it strange that it suits both Letizia and young Sofia?
Agree. But Sofia's picture is one year ago. She was slightly less tall than now. At this age day per day growing is important.

Love it. Very casual and comfortable. What a shock (and honor) it must have been for those people to get to meet her, as I don't know if they were expecting it.

Letizia in her comfort zone cool and casual.

Queen Letizia is always like stepping out of any page of a fashion magazine, from relaxed wear to full glam

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom