Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee Celebrations: 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was it definitely a lunch at the Guildhall, it just seemed like a drinks reception?

A liquid lunch?:lol:

Thank you for posting those arrivals An Ard Ri.:flowers:

Last edited:
There didn’t seem to be any order of precedence today. Peter Philips and the Tindalls should have arrived after the Kent’s and Gloucesters children.

The Gentlemen at Arms were on duty in St Paul's today. A small detachment similar to that for a monarch's spouse at a coronation.

I've never seen them on duty anywhere where the sovereign is not present. Has this happened before?

I suppose it was all planned with the expectation that the Queen would be there, and it was too late by last night to change the plans.

There didn’t seem to be any order of precedence today. Peter Philips and the Tindalls should have arrived after the Kent’s and Gloucesters children.

As a grandson of the Queen, Peter Phillips has higher precedence than the Duke of Gloucester and the Duke of Kent. In fact, even the Earl of Snowdon, as the Queen's nephew, outranks the two aforementioned Dukes in precedence.And of course, the Earl of Wessex, as a son of the Queen, has higher precedence than the Duke of Cambridge for example.

The British Court has not observed the published order of precedence for quite some time now.

I suppose it was all planned with the expectation that the Queen would be there, and it was too late by last night to change the plans.

Yes, that makes sense. It does seem to be unprecedented though.

The Gentlemen at Arms were on duty in St Paul's today. A small detachment similar to that for a monarch's spouse at a coronation.

I've never seen them on duty anywhere where the sovereign is not present. Has this happened before?

A real shame it would have been to cancel them last minute. They were probably very excited.

Archbishop of Yorks speech was amazing.

Just as good a seat I would say and by sitting on the same side as Charles they looked more senior than the Gloucesters to anybody watching.

Only in your eyes it seems - as they given the lowest precedent being seated the furthest from the isle. So, the queen's grandchildren and niece and nephew were treated as higher ranking than her non-senior working royal cousins (i.e. prince and princess Michael of Kent).

All senior working royals were seated in the front row (most noteworthy was the positioning of Anne ahead of her brother Edward; maybe done because Edward and Anne brought their children with them). The interesting bit is that instead of moving on with the order of preference on Charles' side of the isle they decided to continue on Edward's side (for obvious reasons) starting with the York princesses.

Why? Peter, Zara and Mike are grandchildren of the monarch and therefore rank higher than children of cousins of the monarch. That they do not have a royal title or noble prefix does not change their position in the order of precedence (only within the group of 'grandchildren' they are lowest in the order of precedence being children of a daughter and not a son).

Last edited:
Only in your eyes it seems - as they given the lowest precedent being seated the furthest from the isle. So, the queen's grandchildren and niece and nephew were treated as higher ranking than her non-senior working royal cousins (i.e. prince and princess Michael of Kent).

All senior working royals were seated in the front row (most noteworthy was the positioning of Anne ahead of her brother Edward; maybe done because Edward and Anne brought their children with them). The interesting bit is that instead of moving on with the order of preference on Charles' side of the isle they decided to continue on Edward's side (for obvious reasons) starting with the York princesses.

Why? Peter, Zara and Mike are grandchildren of the monarch and therefore rank higher than children of cousins of the monarch. That they do not have a royal title or noble prefix does not change their position in the order of precedence (only within the group of 'grandchildren' they are lowest in the order of precedence being children of a daughter and not a son).

Exactly, they rank higher. They should have arrived with the other grandchildren and with Princess Anne and Prince Edward. The royal family always arrive with the most senior coming last so therefore if they do indeed rank higher they would have arrived after.

Is there a link to the full Jubilee service?

Exactly, they rank higher. They should have arrived with the other grandchildren and with Princess Anne and Prince Edward. The royal family always arrive with the most senior coming last so therefore if they do indeed rank higher they would have arrived after.

I see. My mistake. So, they arrived first because they are the only ones without a courtesy title?! I think we can safely say they are not consistent at the moment in how they go about precedence.

Interesting seating arrangement.

The last coronation and the previous one (QE II and George VI) were in Westminster Abbey, right?

All coronations, since 1066, have been at WA. Only Edward V and Edward VIII weren't crowned there but they weren't crowned.

Yes. I think Charles and William are both due to make speeches on stage at the concert. Sorry, that posted twice for some reason!

Last edited:
Do you know if BBC1 will broadcast the concert via internet with some geoblocking or is it available for everyone abroad?

How nice that they brought their eldest children with them. Their approach of easing their children into royal duties seems to work. I guess they decided to give Louis more space to 'recover' from what must have been an overwhelming Thursday instead of rushing him into another event with press and lots of strangers.

Several members of the family attended the Derby Festival at Epsom Racecourse today:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** rex gallery 2 ** gtresnews gallery **

Here are some more photos and videos of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge with George and Charlotte in Cardiff today:

** gettyimages gallery ** rex gallery ** gtresnews gallery **

Prince and Princess Michael of Kent were seen at the Queen Elizabeth II Platinum Jubilee 2022 - Windsor Platinum Jubilee Party In The Park on the Long Walk today:

** gettyimages gallery **

And a video of the Earl and Countess of Wessex in Belfast today:

Last edited:
LOL at William and George twinning even down to the shoes!

I have a question about yesterday at St Paul.
Such as Prince Charles and Prince Harry all the Royals wore a collar Decoration above their tie , except Prince Edward and Prince William ? Is there e reason ?

I was also surprised , not a lot of Bows and Curtseys when the Prince of Wales enterred and left St Paul.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lot of focus on the Cambridge family during this year's Jubilee.

Such as Prince Charles and Prince Harry all the Royals wore a collar Decoration above their tie , except Prince Edward and Prince William ? Is there e reason ?

Do you mean a necklace decoration? Prince Harry was wearing the badge of the Royal Victorian Order around his neck. Prince Charles was wearing the Order of Merit, I think. The badges of the orders that Prince William and Prince Edward have are normally worn hanging from a sash, not around the neck like the former, but since they were in moirning suit and not in uniform, they couldn't wear them, I think.

Personally, I find it strange to see Prince Harry wearing a star and a necklet badge of an order with morning suit, but the other Priinces not in uniform also wore order stars at St Paul's, Could some expert explain it?

Last edited by a moderator:

They can only wear orders they have. So, Edward and William don't have a 'neck decoration' to wear in addition to the more important (categories of the) orders they are already wearing. For example, the one Harry is wearing is a Spanish order he received during the Spanish state visit for being the host/tour guide at Westminster Abbey for the Spanish king and queen. Anne and Andrew received similar orders at that time for hosting other activities.

Edit: Mbruno is right, he is wearing the Knight Commander-decoration of the RVO instead; the Order of Isabella has a white/yellow band and a different cross.

Last edited:
I think Prince Edward could have worn his GCVO badge at his neck. Prince Michael did, and the Duke of Kent wore his GCMG badge the same way. I think the only badges, normally worn on a sash, that can never be worn around the neck are for the Garter and Thistle.

Back
Top Bottom