Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 2: June 2023 - June 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Queen Camilla wore her very lovely peacock dress again at a reception at Clarence House to mark 30 years of the Forward Arts Foundation yesterday, October 11:

** Full view ** Upper part ** August 2023 **

Queen Camilla wore her very lovely peacock dress again at a reception at Clarence House to mark 30 years of the Forward Arts Foundation yesterday, October 11:

** Full view ** Upper part ** August 2023 **

Lovely. The dress seems to work for day time and evening engagements. The addition of the turquoise earrings elevates the whole look to an evening look.

Yes I agree its a really lovely complimentary combination and the earrings were well chosen with that dress.

Camilla lovely in white today at the reception to thank those involved in the planning and staging of Queen Elizabeth's funeral and the coronation:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

:previous: The look is elegant yet not severe and I think that is Camilla's superpower. This dress, while a pared down style, is softened by the feminine scalloped edge around the neck and down the front overlap. Her shoes also elevate the look further with the addition of a touch of black, adding just a small break.

Camilla is a model for all women of a certain age, proving that you don't have to dress 'sensibly' and look frumpy. :flowers:

Camilla lovely in white today at the reception to thank those involved in the planning and staging of Queen Elizabeth's funeral and the coronation:

Really lovely look on Queen Camilla ,the soft colours really work.

Who designed this gown?

I think it is Bruce Oldfield.

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part **

Great dress, she has used it previously.

Just wish she had bothered to have her hair done for the event, it makes such a difference to her whole look.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very elegant. I like her in this shade of green and the texture of the material is lovely.

Not sure this is an actual animal print but more like abstract floral ...

Looks like animal print to me ,the queen looked nice.

I think it is animal, but an animal print dress to a Kenyan reception feels a bit too on the nose for me. IMHO.

The white dress is lovely but I'm surprised not to see a hat!

Indeed. Strange that she wears a hat when going to the races or to Church on Sundays but not for a State Visit

The white dress is lovely but I'm surprised not to see a hat!

I'm not suprised at all as it's a typical soft diplomacy through fashion : keeping it simple and understated for this sensitive visit, avoiding a somewhat fleeting "colonials are back" feeling seen during the then Chambridges Carribean tour.

The brooch is the more than enough regal bling needed. As such don't expect a tiara tonight.

Indeed. Strange that she wears a hat when going to the races or to Church on Sundays but not for a State Visit

She wore a hat in Berlin and Paris. In Nairobi the circumstances of the visit are way more different.

Last edited:
She wore a hat in Berlin and Paris. In Nairobi the circumstances of the visit are way more different.
But only on the first day, not on the following days. Still i think she should do the same everywhere. A Hat is for sure not insulting.

But only on the first day, not on the following days. Still i think she should do the same everywhere. A Hat is for sure not insulting.

It's her choice to have a more subdued approach that the late QEII, especially abroad. Maybe it's a bit of a loss for some royal watchers, but i do think it reflects very much her style and her "no fuss, no muss" vision of the job as a Consort in 2023.

It's her choice to have a more subdued approach that the late QEII, especially abroad. Maybe it's a bit of a loss for some royal watchers, but i do think it reflects very much her style and her "no fuss, no muss" vision of the job as a Consort in 2023.

Maybe but i still find it odd that she choose to dress more formal when going to Church then on a official Visit/State Visit. Seems strange to me.

Maybe but i still find it odd that she choose to dress more formal when going to Church then on a official Visit/State Visit. Seems strange to me.

Because she's at Home with specific social codes. Abroad she has to, above all, respect the visiting country and her hosts. I still think today's choice was very sensible and well thought.

The Kenyan First Lady, Ms Rachel Ruto, also isn't wearing a hat so maybe that had something to do with it. These sorts of things are things that are discussed in the lead up to State Visits. Whether Ms Ruto was going to wear a hat today I am sure would have been communicated to Camilla who then followed the lead of the hostess for the visit.

Last edited:

Much as I love to see Camilla wear one of her amazing hats, the fact is, hats are pretty anachronistic with contemporary times. Yes, European ladies wear them for certain events (wedding and funerals primarily) but the rest of the world doesn't. I can see the rationale for ditching the hat when outside Europe.

I do think wearing a hat would have looked smarter, I don't think the first lady not wearing one precluded Camilla from doing so.

I too was surprised about the lack of a hat for an official meet and greet . But, this is a new regime and perhaps a less formal approach is being taken. Although I can’t see why a hat would be regarded as overdressed or even regal. She would look better with one IMO. I wonder if this is a pointer to a no tiara appearance at the State Banquet. I hope not!
I think such matters can be viewed as a mark of respect for your host. You wear your finery to send a message about the importance of the event in your eyes as a guest.

Last edited:
I too was surprised about the lack of a hat for an official meet and greet . But, this is a new regime and perhaps a less formal approach is being taken. Although I can’t see why a hat would be regarded as overdressed or even regal. She would look better with one IMO. I wonder if this is a pointer to a no tiara appearance at the State Banquet. I hope not!
I think such matters can be viewed as a mark of respect for your host. You wear your finery to send a message about the importance of the event in your eyes as a guest.

Camilla didn't wear a tiara at Versailles. Expecting one in Nairobi is a bit optimistic to say the least.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom