Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2022 - June 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Red! I feel like we haven't seen her in something other than blue for a very long time. The hat does look a bit Autumny.

Red! I feel like we haven't seen her in something other than blue for a very long time. The hat does look a bit Autumny.

Good to see the Queen in red. The colour works well for her, and a pop of colour in the dull spring day is welcome.

I love this shade of red on the Queen, but the foliage on the hat looks out of control. It's nice to see her trying out different shapes for her hats, but I am missing her large hats, they suited her so well.

I agree with others on the red coat. That hat is truly horrendous and should be recycled into the dogs' toy baskets. They'll love it!

I love this shade of red on the Queen, but the foliage on the hat looks out of control. It's nice to see her trying out different shapes for her hats, but I am missing her large hats, they suited her so well.

I agree with others on the red coat. That hat is truly horrendous and should be recycled into the dogs' toy baskets. They'll love it!

I agree, the hat can go! Bring back the large Camilla hats we were so used to seeing her in.

:previous: Ladies, you have nailed it. Her red ensemble with matching black accessories is just plain wonderful. However . . . what on earth is she thinking with all these cap-styled hats overlyadorned with masses of what looks like foliage or some such.

Camilla, raid your wardrobe and bring back your millinery masterpieces and we will all be quite chuffed. It's not like we are asking much, just let the dogs have their toys and us all drool over your marvelously magnificent millinery. :prettyplease:

Queen Camilla attended a pre-Coronation reception attended by 800 members of both Houses of Parliament in Westminster Hall today, May 2:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Queen Camilla attended a pre-Coronation reception attended by 800 members of both Houses of Parliament in Westminster Hall today, May 2:

Its going to be a long week for Camilla, but I do wish she had, had her hair done and had a brooch on for the reception at Westminster Hall today.

Surprised by the gloves, was it cold there even if the sun was shining.

Really lovely colours and outfit,the black gloves were the only miss ,a lighter pair would have worked better.

Camilla at the first garden party today, May 3:

That is a classic Camilla look!

Really lovely colours and outfit,the black gloves were the only miss ,a lighter pair would have worked better.

I agree, the leather gloves were probably not the best accessory for a spring time garden party. The weather can be a bit iffy at this time of the year, but it wasn't that cold yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the cut of the coat, it is Camilla’s ‘go to’ shape of coats. I am not a big fan of the coloring, stark white and dark blue.

That is a classic Camilla look!

I agree, the leather gloves were probably not the best accessory for a spring time garden party. The weather can be a bit iffy at this time of the year, but it wasn't that cold yesterday.

Maybe she was protecting her hands? There may be a lot of handshakes in the next few days, and the older one gets, the more fragile the skin.

Maybe she was protecting her hands? There may be a lot of handshakes in the next few days, and the older one gets, the more fragile the skin.

I see the rationale for gloves, but just not leather gloves.

I wonder if Camilla will follow Queen Elizabeth’s style and wear gloves more often to help prevent catching illnesses. I am sure too the ladies hands get tired of shaking others and the gloves are somewhat of a buffer from others rough hands, lotions etc. Maybe Camilla likes leather. Watching her future events and seeing her style will be interesting.

I wonder if Camilla will follow Queen Elizabeth’s style and wear gloves more often to help prevent catching illnesses.

That is not a bad idea.

Maybe Camilla likes leather. Watching her future events and seeing her style will be interesting.

Camilla has been in the public eye for 18 years now, and has a pretty established style. I do not see that change materially at this stage.

I've just seen that Queen Camilla's dress has embroidered dogs at the bottom above the flowers - unless they're supposed to be heraldic lions or dragons! They look like Jack Russells to me. How sweet!

I've just seen that Queen Camilla's dress has embroidered dogs at the bottom above the flowers - unless they're supposed to be heraldic lions or dragons! They look like Jack Russells to me. How sweet!
Could be King Charles Spaniel dogs?

Queen Camilla and her Ladies of Honour were the "winners" if we go the superficial way. What a fantastic day gowns. It reminds to the robes-de-manteau ladies used to wear conform old Court Étiquette.

Was it just me or did Camilla's sleeves look a bit too short? Other than that, the outfit seemed to work for her (although I never like those robes that need those bands around the shoulders).

Was it just me or did Camilla's sleeves look a bit too short? Other than that, the outfit seemed to work for her (although I never like those robes that need those bands around the shoulders).

The sleeve length was described as being bracelet length, so definitely deliberate.

These bands were most likely necessary to hold the ermine train. She did not wear it over her shoulders but off her shoulders. I heard someone say it was a hidden velcro construction, no idea how this was with Queen Camilla.

As for the embroidered elements... I just saw on a picture that also her children's and grandchildren's names were included.

Oh well..:whistling: I love dogs - but on a coronation dress..? Nahh...:eek:

Queen Camilla's Fashion and Style Part 1: September 2022 -

As for the embroidered elements... I just saw on a picture that also her children's and grandchildren's names were included.

That’s so sweet. The dogs are so cute. It sounds like a nice mixture of more “professional” elements (rose, thistle, daffodil shamrock, monogram etc) and personal to her. Nice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom