Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie's Fashion and Style Part 10: March 2018- October 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eugenie at the wedding of Daisy Jenks and Charlie van Straubenzee in Frensham, Surrey today, August 4:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Full view 3 **

Now this is how you dress conservatively for a summer society wedding. Not distracting but cool, light and just a little edgy. Love the clutch, meh on the shoes (I don't like nude shoes as a general rule) and not really feeling the sunglasses, but again nice to see a little edginess. (..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not a great style for her...good color though.

LaRae

Do they not have mirrors. They are hurt when they are mocked, but if they just looked in a mirror. Her legs are not made for that style.

Do they not have mirrors. They are hurt when they are mocked, but if they just looked in a mirror. Her legs are not made for that style.
There's nothing wrong with her legs and even if there were it's not anyone else's business to shame her for them.

I think the deal is that depending on the shape of your legs some dress lengths/styles are flattering & others make legs look larger than they really are. Even another inch or two can make a big difference in how flattering a dress/skirt is depending on the shape of the wearer’s legs. This is also true for women with very slender legs which can look like toothpicks in too short skirts.
I wish the Princesses had some guidance to help them with simple tricks like that to look the best they can given that they are frequently photographed.
That said, in Eugenie’s pix it’s clear she was running a private errand, & the angle of the photo is odd, so I think she looks fine in her casual errand running not expecting to be photographed dress.
As for Beatrice, I can’t judge her outfit’s length as it’s mostly covered by her coat.

Last edited:

Beatrice in black on day 12 of the 2018 US Open Tennis Championships in New York City on September 7:

** Upper part **

I think that bit became very clear at the Cambridge wedding :flowers:

It’s one thing to remark on a woman’s clothing, quite another to criticize her body parts, which are as fate made them and can’t be changed to suit public opinion.

I agree. It's only natural that we won't like every piece of clothing the York princesses and other royals wear, but I think it's quite unkind to criticise aspects of their body like their legs, which isn't their fault. I'm pretty sure that if the critiques had their photos put online they wouldn't like people bashing their bodies.

So many aspects of this I don't like but it's always the same with both princesses - hit and miss and no sense of developing a style or learning what suits their figures.

So many aspects of this I don't like but it's always the same with both princesses - hit and miss and no sense of developing a style or learning what suits their figures.

Totally agree with you about everything you have written.

They do occasionally look fabulous. I’ll never forget Beatrice in that green dress in Berlin. Her best look ever, but I/we never saw her wear that dress again.

Princess Beatrice Photos - Princess Beatrice And Princess Eugenie Of York Launch GREAT Britain MINI Tour In Berlin - 1028 of 3261 - Zimbio

Ankle straps are not flattering unless you have very slim legs like model Rosie H. W. or the Duchess of Sussex.

I've noticed something with HRH Princess Beatrice. When she wears the plainest, most conservative and supposedly boring ensembles, she seems happiest, whether at Ascot or Windsor at Easter or anywhere else. That happiness and perhaps confidence she has when it's a simple outfit is a good sign.

See, there is a difference. It's one thing to say a dress isn't made for a body type (which every body type has designs that just don't work well with) or one doesn't like the dress. However, what happened in 2011, and a lot of other times, it gets mean spirited and personal.

Just glimpsing the strappy shoe wear and not liking it with the shorter style. A shame because the outfit is quite flattering albeit a little drab, Now the suit which the lady standing next to her is wearing looks lovely. Although it would be an older look for Beatrice.

I don't see anything wrong with Eugenie's look. It's nice and simple, perfect for a business discussion/meeting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom