Princess Theodora of Greece and Matthew Kumar - 28 Sept. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know if this video has been published, it is a video of the Greek designer Celia Kritiaroti's wedding dress.Celia has been sharing videos of the wedding and yesterday's gala in the stories section. Unfortunately, I added her on Instagram too late.

Really love her dress! So pretty and elegant.
I wonder if the piece that wraps around the bodice is removable and the dress is strapless underneath?
That would be a genius design to go from church to reception !
Now that would make sense! I really disliked that bib piece. Even on a girl as tall as Theodora, it overwhelmed her.

I thought Queen Anne-Marie's dress was very pretty, too. It made me smile, though -- the pattern (not the style) reminded me of that meme a few years ago where people argued over whether the dress was blue and white or brown and gold.

The Dutch are not really close relatives of any of the other extant or recently deposed royal houses as there hasn’t been any intermarriage between them and the Oranges for quite some time.

However, Willem-Alexander, Maxima, and now Amalia are known to enjoy parties and social gatherings (sorry, I couldn't help), so they frequently show up even at minor foreign royal events.

I would be suprised either if they were not invited, knowing that the Greeks also like to ascertain their status among the other royal houses.

I've always had the impression that Queen Beatrix went out of her way to strengthen ties with the other royal houses. Even as a queen regnant, she attended everyone else's big events.

And what could be the reason for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie not attending Theodora's wedding?
The 10-hour flight from Washington to Athens could be one reason. That's not so easy to do for a weekend.

Back
Top Bottom