Princess Theodora of Greece and Matthew Kumar - 28 Sept. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The dress was very pretty and the Theodora was very pretty.
The bridesmaids were mistaken. They should not have entered the Cathedral before the bride. They should have stayed in the street, in an orderly fashion, to help the bride with her dress.And then Olympia, the only one who came out to help with the veil.On the other hand, Princess Nina has greatly improved her way of dressing yesterday and I liked it today.
I was wondering where Theo's attendants were when she got out of the car.🤔Yes, they should have waited for her near the entrance. Pavlos was reduced to helping his little sister adjust her train. 🤷

Still a shame as Theodora also attended their Weddings (not sure about the first one of Joachim) . My guess is that Margrethe was supposed to got,but after her fall that wasn't possible anymore.
I don't recall Theodora at either of Joachim's weddings, but I do think Margrethe was supposed to attend and couldn't attend after her fall. But Theodora attending Frederik and/or Joachim's wedding doesn't mean their children will feel close enough to her to attend her own nuptials.

If you are talking about the children of Frederik and Joachim the are the same relation as the Urdangarin
children from which 3 attended
Itxseems the are close to the Spanish relatives which could also be seen at King Constantine's funeral where u from Queen Sofia's attended
There are 2 important differences. The Urdangarin children accompanied their mother they didn't come alone.
Also they are Queen Sofia's grandchildren and this is an important family bond.
But F&M children coming alone? I don't really see them to.
Don't forget also that Pcs Alexia lives in Spain and is possible that her sister visited her a lot and was more acquainted to Elena, Christina and their children than the Danish cousins.

Some nice pictures from Instagram page :dnaroyals

There are 2 important differences. The Urdangarin children accompanied their mother they didn't come alone.
Also they are Queen Sofia's grandchildren and this is an important family bond.
But F&M children coming alone? I don't really see them to.
Don't forget also that Pcs Alexia lives in Spain and is possible that her sister visited her a lot and was more acquainted to Elena, Christina and their children than the Danish cousins.
I think this explains a lot. Sofia is the link. Sofia spends a LOT of time going back and forth to Greece, maintaining that link to her Greek relatives. Anne-Marie doesn't appear to spend much time in Denmark, maintaining that link to her Danish relatives. So the Spanish younger generation are close to their Greek cousins, while the Danish younger generation rarely see them.

What a stunning bride. Her gown was appropriate and beautiful. Her hair looked beautiful with the Khedieve tiara and her great-grandmother’s veil.

I don't recall Theodora at either of Joachim's weddings, but I do think Margrethe was supposed to attend and couldn't attend after her fall. But Theodora attending Frederik and/or Joachim's wedding doesn't mean their children will feel close enough to her to attend her own nuptials.
I never said their children should have attended but Frederik and Joachim as her first cousins should have

I never said their children should have attended but Frederik and Joachim as her first cousins should have
The initial comment that I made, where I delineated where each member of Frederik and Joachim's family were, that you responded to, was in response to Marlene's comment that Margrethe's children and/or grandchildren should have attended.

What a stunning bride. Her gown was appropriate and beautiful. Her hair looked beautiful with the Khedieve tiara and her great-grandmother’s veil.
Indeed. Very pretty. And I feel happy that she is the 1st of GRF brides choosing a Greek designer. I could not recall about Alexia's dress, but the other 3 choose foreigners.
A few years ago Prince Nikolaos had an exhibition of his photographs in Athens, Benaki Museum. The King was in wheelchair, Queen Anne-Marie, Tatiana and Theodora were there. I saw Theodora at 20 cm distance and I can tell you that pictures are 100% unfair for her. She is much much more beautiful in reality.
(Needless to say how strikingly gorgeous is Tatiana)

For me the Danish children have really no reason to be here. They have almost 20 years différence to Theodora. But Frédéric and Joachim...they should be there.
I cannot recall Philippos wedding. Was one of them present? Any UK?
I agree about Frederik’s and Joachim’s children… They are in the same generation as Pavlos’ and Alexia’s children (but i have no clue if they even know each other)

No idea where Frederik was… Joachim may have been unable to take some days off from his embassy job… I won’t blame him if he does not want to fly Washington - Athens - Washington back and forth without being able to socialize with anyone…

Beatrice, Edo and Eugenie was at Philippos wedding… But i think they know him better as he and Nina socializes in the same upper class circles… I don’t think Theodora and Matt do that

Last edited:
I can’t blame king Fredrick not going as i think he would have gone with Mary and with Queen Margarethe on sick leave and Christian in Africa and benadikte in attendance there would be no one to hold the power of head of state if he did so, I was honestly expecting attendance from the Dutch and Swedish royal families

I thought Madeleine and Chris might go as we know that Madeleine knows Theodora… But it is an important day of rememberance in Sweden today as it is 30 years since the passenger ferry M/S Estonia sank, killing 501 swedish citizens, so maybe the royal family had decided that it would have been inappropriate for them to be seen smiling and cheering at a royal wedding abroad today, while memorial services are held in many places around our country….

I don’t know but it is a possible reason why noone from Sweden sttended

I don't know why people think this person or that person "should" have been at the wedding. It's a private, family wedding, not a state or official event. In the case of Queen Elizabeth's grandchildren, they are third cousins to Theodora, so they're not exactly close relatives.

As far as Frederik or Felipe, I wonder if the groom's ongoing legal problems had anything to do with their non-attendance. His license was suspended again a few weeks ago, this time with a much bigger threat of permanent suspension. The sovereigns might be a little reluctant to associate themselves with all that.

I don't know why people think this person or that person "should" have been at the wedding. It's a private, family wedding, not a state or official event. In the case of Queen Elizabeth's grandchildren, they are third cousins to Theodora, so they're not exactly close relatives.

As far as Frederik or Felipe, I wonder if the groom's ongoing legal problems had anything to do with their non-attendance. His license was suspended again a few weeks ago, this time with a much bigger threat of permanent suspension. The sovereigns might be a little reluctant to associate themselves with all that.
The expectation for a British representative was that Theodora was queen Elizabeth's goddaughter; so someone representing her - now she herself is no longer with us - would have been a nice gesture.

I believe the dress that one of Princess Alexia's daughters (I think Ana Maria) wore was the same that Alexia wore to her pre-wedding gala

The expectation for a British representative was that Theodora was queen Elizabeth's goddaughter; so someone representing her - now she herself is no longer with us - would have been a nice gesture.
You usually wait to be invited. As has been pointed out this was not a state event but a family wedding. I would expect a representative to attend a state event but for a family wedding if the person invited could not attend I would not expect a stand in. We have no idea what was going on behind the scenes.

I can’t blame king Fredrick not going as i think he would have gone with Mary and with Queen Margarethe on sick leave and Christian in Africa and benadikte in attendance there would be no one to hold the power of head of state if he did so, I was honestly expecting attendance from the Dutch and Swedish royal families
I don’t think the Dutch royals are close to her, they share mutual friends with the Greek shipping magnates, but I don’t they are close enough for an invitation to be warranted.

I don’t think the Dutch royals are close to her, they share mutual friends with the Greek shipping magnates, but I don’t they are close enough for an invitation to be warranted.
The king, queen and the princess of oranje if I recall attended the birthday party of Princess Maria Olympia in the UK if I recall!

They have been neighbors for years as in Porto Heli. Theodora was often spending Easter and summer there.

Details of Princess Theodora's dress:

It's wonderful!

Back
Top Bottom