Princess Theodora of Greece and Matthew Kumar - 28 Sept. 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Foreign royals: Spain, Denmark and Hannover as well as Princess Bénédicte's son and daughter considered Germany.
England no-one?
I think that in Prince Nikolaos wedding they were much more royals. Almost all Danish, Dutch etc.
Ofc Theodora is much younger and is not her generation...but.
Maybe because the King is not in life anymore.

Beautiful pictures from Andreas_Megos Instagram page

What a surprise, no representation from the Windsors at the wedding of Queen Elizabeth's goddaughter.

Foreign royals: Spain, Denmark and Hannover as well as Princess Bénédicte's son and daughter considered Germany.
England no-one?
I think that in Prince Nikolaos wedding they were much more royals. Almost all Danish, Dutch etc.
Ofc Theodora is much younger and is not her generation...but.
Maybe because the King is not in life anymore.
At Philippos Wedding there have been more royals but not as much as at the weddings of Nikolas, Alexia and Pavlos

What a surprise, no representation from the Windsors at the wedding of Queen Elizabeth's goddaughter.
Not surprisied at all, as none of them bothered to show at King Constantine's funeral last year, would have been more surprised if actually someone had attended

Photos:

Last edited:
Did princess Irene of Greece enter via a different entrance? She seems to look frailer on every outing :(

Not surprisied at all, as none of them bothered to show at King Constantine's funeral last year, would have been more surprised if actually someone had attended
I was being sarcastic. Duh!

Not quite exact. Princess Anne was there.

Did princess Irene of Greece enter via a different entrance? She seems to look frailer on every outing :(
I think she is not here today. As Tatiana Radzwill came in wheelchair. But not Princess Irene.

Which of them was she close to? She spent much of her life in the U.S and apart from her immediate family, she’s not really close to Royal society.
She has an age close to William, Zara etc. And spent her 18 first years in London.

At Philippos Wedding there have been more royals but not as much as at the weddings of Nikolas, Alexia and Pavlos
That is line with the theory that, over time, the links between the ( deposed ) Greek royal family and the other ( extant ) royal houses will fade and, maybe in the distant future, they will be just like the Savoys, the Orléans, the Habsburgs, or the Braganzas.

Having said that, Theodora is still the first cousin of two reigning kings, so it is a bit disappointing.

Last edited:
She has an age close to William, Zara etc. And spent her 18 first years in London.
Yes, but much of her social life is outside of the U.K. Her being of a close age to some of them doesn’t make them close. William’s mother was a godparent to Philipos, but he’s not close to William.

She looks so happy. Congratulations to the couple.
Queen Anne-Marie managed to see her 3 youngest get married in their homeland.

Did anyone see the Duchess of Aosta?

I'm surprised that none of queen Margarite's children or grandchildren attended.
Mary had an engagement today. Christian is in Africa. Isabella, Vincent and Josephine are children who wouldn't attend a foreign wedding without their parents' presence. Of that branch of the family, Frederik is the only one who might have been able to go.

Joachim, Marie, Henrik and Athena are in the USA and travelling to Greece for the wedding of a cousin they rarely spend time with must not have been a priority. Nikolai and Felix don't attend foreign royal events (at least, not up to this point) without their parents.

You need to check your facts ,

Theodora looked completely stunning. I was hoping for an updo but the up/down was successful. The tiara was a dream. The top/collar part of the bridal gown will keep it off of my Top Royal Brides list but Theodora herself could not have looked more beautiful as a bride.

Matthew couldn't keep his eyes OR hands off of her on the Cathedral steps. Very happy couple!☺️

Theodora looked absolutely magnificent 😍 As did all in her family…

What a joy it must be to finally get the wedding she deserves and has patiently waited for, for so long…. There must ofcourse be a bittersweet feeling over it all, knowing how much her father to whom she was so close, would have loved to be there… I’m sure he is looking down with a lot of extra pride today…

It is the first Weding since King Constantine passed away.
Queen Sofia was there with Elena and Cristina and children.
the Widow of Prince Michael of Greece was there with Prince Amedeo and Princess Olga.
I saw a Couple of Hannover with their Mother Chantal H.
Princess Benedikte , ert Son Gustav and wife , her Daughter and her Dane second Husband and her Son.
I wonder why Princess Alexandra of Hannover is never invited ?

It is the first Weding since King Constantine passed away.
Queen Sofia was there with Elena and Cristina and children.
the Widow of Prince Michael of Greece was there with Prince Amedeo and Princess Olga.
I saw a Couple of Hannover with their Mother Chantal H.
Princess Benedikte , ert Son Gustav and wife , her Daughter and her Dane second Husband and her Son.
I wonder why Princess Alexandra of Hannover is never invited ?
From Hannover it was Chantal Hochuli, her son Christian with Alessandra and Princes Ekaterina. No Ernst August Jr.
By Princess Alexandra you mean Pcs Caroline's daughter?
She might be but declined.
Also I never saw her in royal circles except Monaco. Despite her royal title she never seems involved in European Royal life.

Mary had an engagement today. Christian is in Africa. Isabella, Vincent and Josephine are children who wouldn't attend a foreign wedding without their parents' presence. Of that branch of the family, Frederik is the only one who might have been able to go.

Joachim, Marie, Henrik and Athena are in the USA and travelling to Greece for the wedding of a cousin they rarely spend time with must not have been a priority. Nikolai and Felix don't attend foreign royal events (at least, not up to this point) without their parents.
Still a shame as Theodora also attended their Weddings (not sure about the first one of Joachim) . My guess is that Margrethe was supposed to got,but after her fall that wasn't possible anymore.

Still a shame as Theodora also attended their Weddings (not sure about the first one of Joachim) . My guess is that Margrethe was supposed to got,but after her fall that wasn't possible anymore.
No, she did not attend Joachim's first wedding. Only Pavlos, Alexia and Nikolaos.

I'm happy Alexandra took Richard with her and Michael. I wish Nathalie had attended as well.

From inside the church

Last edited:
For me the Danish children have really no reason to be here. They have almost 20 years différence to Theodora. But Frédéric and Joachim...they should be there.
I cannot recall Philippos wedding. Was one of them present? Any UK?

For me the Danish children have really no reason to be here. They have almost 20 years différence to Theodora. But Frédéric and Joachim...they should be there.
I cannot recall Philippos wedding. Was one of them present? Any UK?
If you are talking about the children of Frederik and Joachim the are the same relation as the Urdangarin
children from which 3 attended
Itxseems the are close to the Spanish relatives which could also be seen at King Constantine's funeral where u from Queen Sofia's attended

Back
Top Bottom