Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 2: 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Apparently the spouse of once Crown Prince of Sweden and the intended Heir of the family fortune has limited access to the Bernadotte Family Foundation. Or she has access to these jewels but finds them not to her liking, which is very possible as well.

Prince Carl Philip is the intended heir of the Bernadotte family fortune? (Please feel free to move this question to a more on-topic thread.)

Apparently the spouse of once Crown Prince of Sweden and the intended Heir of the family fortune has limited access to the Bernadotte Family Foundation. Or she has access to these jewels but finds them not to her liking, which is very possible as well.

Wait, what? Carl Philip is the heir to his father’s fortune?

Prince Carl Philip is the intended heir of the Bernadotte family fortune? (Please feel free to move this question to a more on-topic thread.)

Once he was the Crown Prince and the heir to a fabulous estate:

"Prince Carl Philip of Sweden has agreed to let the Galliera inheritance, which consists of an exquisite art collection, jewels and a financial fund, pass to his sister Crown Princess Victoria, although the Prince would be the legal inheritor according to the terms laid down by Emperor Napoléon I of the French."

See link.

In return for the Prince's generosity I expected an unlimited access to the usufruct of family (or family foundation) properties. But it is entirely possible Princess Sofia simply liked this collier. It does not qualify as "fake" because crystals are crystals. These stones can not help looking very much like diamonds. It is just a different but equally sparkling material.

How to explain it. Plastic beads looking like pearls are fake.
Cultivé pearls are not fake. They may not be natural pearls, buy nevertheless they are pearls.

Plastic beads looking like diamonds are fake. But rhinestone or swarovski crystals looking alike are not fake. It is their intrinsic material that has a similar effect to diamonds. It is only fake when advertized as diamonds.

Last edited:
I do believe that Princess Sofia does have access to the family jewels. As most of us know, she wore several different tiaras while her own tiara was being refurbished. But even since her tiara was returned to her, I have noticed that she was worn the earrings of the amethyst set several times and I think the bracelet once. Also she has worn some emerald earrings of Silivia's and several brooches. But I am also thinking back to Princess Diana and the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara. I believe it was reported that it gave Diana headaches to wear it for a long period of time. I wonder if Sofia has this issue. She tends to wear very light pieces. Maybe just not used to certain ones. As far as necklaces go, I do agree she doesn't seem to be a necklace person. Maybe it was offered to her? Have no idea on this. It does seem odd.

Swedish jewelry designer and gemmologist Amanda Weibull Laurell and her LWL Jewelry received special orders from Sofia for two years in a row.
The first was the necklace Sofia wore at the Nobel ceremony in 2018. Sofia had a clear idea. In an interview with Dagens Nyheter, Amanda tells that the necklace then took 300 hours to make, it was done entirely by hand. 1,300 oriental pearls strung on pearl silk, held together by diamonds.
https://image.svenskdam.se/sof-2-ha...oph=100&width=1600&height=1249&compression=80
Before the Nobel ceremony 2019, Sofia ordered a pair of earrings with turquoises from Amanda, who received a fabric sample and tells about her search for the right turquoise that they ordered raw materials from India, but when they were going to put on the last stone, the top came off. Then they found an old, religious man in Israel who had a block left over from 30 years ago. The turquoise arrived four days before the Nobel ceremony.
https://image.svenskdam.se/sdlvnkm0...2915811&width=1600&height=1443&compression=80
Uppgifter om Sofias Nobellook läckta – dyra specialbeställningen _*Svensk Dam

Last edited:
Ummm. TBH those two pieces aren't really fascinating. The pearl choker looks wonky (the length of the pearl strands look uneven and some of them are even overlapped and tangled with each other. And the turquoise earrings just look fake (that's a common problem for turquoise jewelry though). I look up the jeweler's website and their usual modern, minimal style products seem quite different with what they made for sofia.

Beautiful tiara! and in many ways to wear it! but yes the hair hides everything else.

Now she uses her wedding tiara with emeralds

I really wish that they would let Sofia wear a different tiara!

I really wish that they would let Sofia wear a different tiara!

I'm sure they let her wear whatever she wants. She used to wear different ones from the collection. She probably really likes the versatility of her tiara.

I love this tiara with emeralds, like the day of her wedding.

Again I dislike the hairstyle, the bangs are distracting.

I'm sure they let her wear whatever she wants. She used to wear different ones from the collection. She probably really likes the versatility of her tiara.

She sticks to her own wedding tiara after it's modified, I guess it has "upgraded" to suit her head better and became the most comfortable piece for her. That's why we don't see other tiaras on her.

The tiara's emerald version certainly fit that green gown perfectly. The gown kind of screamed for some emerald jewels. But it does get a bit boring that she always wears versions of her own tiara. She hasn't worn a different tiara ever since her own tiara had been fitted on the new frame. I had really hoped that she would wear a different tiara for this high profile state banquet.

The tiara's emerald version certainly fit that green gown perfectly. The gown kind of screamed for some emerald jewels. But it does get a bit boring that she always wears versions of her own tiara. She hasn't worn a different tiara ever since her own tiara had been fitted on the new frame. I had really hoped that she would wear a different tiara for this high profile state banquet.

I suspect it’s that her own tiara is very easy to wear. It’s fitted for her, and it’s quite versatile as a piece. It was a thoughtful wedding gift.

I love Princess Sofia’s tiara. Its versatility is wonderful for her. But I know some people don’t. I think people also need to remember that it was a gift to her on her wedding day. From a king and Queen. And the queen’s jewelry was used. And I think it is special for her. A wonderful reminder of the day she married her prince. And it is hers. With emeralds, pearls, and turquoise. Very versatile. Now. Having said that, I would love to see her in some other tiaras. I am sure her tiara is lighter than most. She is petite. Maybe she gets headaches. She looked pretty good in the four button, six button, small metal, and amethyst tiaras in the Royal collection. I think her own may just be more special to her. As for her hair, i love her bangs. And I love it dark. But that is my personal preference. She is a lovely woman. And looks fantastic after having three boys. In many ways she is still learning.

I agree with several posters here. It's a great tiara. As far as I know, it's the most versatile tiara out there. And imagine the possibilities. What do you give a princess when she turns 50? (or 40 or 60) A new set of jewels for the tiara, of course. They could add rubies, amethysts, aquamarines, sapphires, citrines.. Endless possibilities!

Having said that - Yes, it would be nice to see her in other tiaras now and then, just because it's always interesting to see them on new people. I think the Connaught would fit her very well, just as one example. But I expect her to mostly use her wedding tiara, and that's a great choice as well.

I agree with several posters here. It's a great tiara. As far as I know, it's the most versatile tiara out there. And imagine the possibilities. What do you give a princess when she turns 50? (or 40 or 60) A new set of jewels for the tiara, of course. They could add rubies, amethysts, aquamarines, sapphires, citrines.. Endless possibilities!

Having said that - Yes, it would be nice to see her in other tiaras now and then, just because it's always interesting to see them on new people. I think the Connaught would fit her very well, just as one example. But I expect her to mostly use her wedding tiara, and that's a great choice as well.

I love the idea of a new set of toppers for every significant milestone anniversary or occasion. It’s probably my favorite modern tiara currently in use.

Last edited:
The aquamarines is just WOW!!! Very beautiful!!!

So if I remember correctly, we've now seen this in five version:

With diamonds only
Pearls
Emeralds
Turquoises
... and now aquamarines.

This must be the most versatile tiara in use by any royal family today.

If I were her I would get another colored stone as there's already a set of blue stones (the turquoises). But a new variation is always welcomed! There are many possibilities, garnet, spinel, tourmaline, citrine, peridot, maybe some interesting stones like opal or oyxn, she could end up having a rainbow collection of stones for her tiara:lol:,

Her tiara is great indeed, beautiful! Unfortunately the flowers on the dress overpower her lovely earrings.

Back
Top Bottom