Princess Sofia of Sweden Jewels 2: 2018 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: In other words: the original version of the tiara was awful. ;)

The new tiara frame is wider and perfectly curves around the head in a very becoming way. The earrings from the amethyst parure are really lovely with that gown. But the style of the photo...:eek:

Does anyone recognise the necklace that Sofia is wearing this evening at the state dinner?

I was wondering the same. I have not seen it that I know of but have only seen one picture so far.

Was just about to ask the same.
Only seen photo at svenskdam.se

I think it is a new necklace, but the pics are too small. It looks a bit like Madeleine'sd modern fringe tiara worn as necklace but i guess that it is rather unlikely as that one is Madeleine's personal property.

The necklace looks nice, and the style works well with her tiara. I wonder if we'll soon hear who the designer/maker is.

It's stunning, I wonder if we will eventually see an emerald and turquoise necklace to match the other stones she wears in her tiara. It looks like she is building her own collection outwith the jewels in the Bernadotte foundation.

Last edited:
Last edited:
The necklace looks nice, and the style works well with her tiara. I wonder if we'll soon hear who the designer/maker is.

Agree! The necklace fit so well with the tiara!!

Maybe it can be converted to a tiara?
I think that the necklace lacks substance to make a good tiara. The result would be a very low bandeau, and rather disappointing, imho. Better let it stay a necklace, because it works well as such.

Princess Sofia Jewellery

Thanks for sharing. Looks interesting, if those are real diamonds on the necklace, they are a very good size and probably very expensive. That said, the earrings do look a bit high street to me.

As per Twitter, alas the necklace is made in crystal by Caroline Svedbom.

Not sure I like the idea of faux jewellery being used by royals at events of state.

Let's give credit to UFO No More about this information.

I was actually just going to comment when I saw this new info that it certainly does look like high end costume jewelry to me. I deal with and have handled a lot of fine antique jewelry and you can most certainly tell a crystal from a real Diamond if you look at them long enough [emoji4]

You can also tell from the clasp in the back and also the luster of the stones. They have the shine of a crystal.

Plus there’s also some deductions we could do such as: we’ve never seen this piece before and if it were from the Royal collection it would’ve mostly likely be worn before on one of the more senior Royal ladies. They hardly ever loan out a necklace of this magnitude (assuming it was real) to minor royals on the first go around. There is still a Precedence with Royal jewelry.

Also if it were a private gift to Sofia I’m sure she would’ve worn this before either to show respect to the giver or because it would’ve gone good with her new pearl toppers on her Tiara. Plus I’m not entirely sure but this doesn’t look like a gift CArl Philip would gift her. The real version of this would be very costly and they don’t seem like the type of couple to give each other lavish gifts.

Just my two cents.

I was actually just going to comment when I saw this new info that it certainly does look like high end costume jewelry to me. I deal with and have handled a lot of fine antique jewelry and you can most certainly tell a crystal from a real Diamond if you look at them long enough [emoji4]

You can also tell from the clasp in the back and also the luster of the stones. They have the shine of a crystal.

Plus there’s also some deductions we could do such as: we’ve never seen this piece before and if it were from the Royal collection it would’ve mostly likely be worn before on one of the more senior Royal ladies. They hardly ever loan out a necklace of this magnitude (assuming it was real) to minor royals on the first go around. There is still a Precedence with Royal jewelry.

Also if it were a private gift to Sofia I’m sure she would’ve worn this before either to show respect to the giver or because it would’ve gone good with her new pearl toppers on her Tiara. Plus I’m not entirely sure but this doesn’t look like a gift CArl Philip would gift her. The real version of this would be very costly and they don’t seem like the type of couple to give each other lavish gifts.

Just my two cents.

All very fair points!

I think that the necklace lacks substance to make a good tiara. The result would be a very low bandeau, and rather disappointing, imho. Better let it stay a necklace, because it works well as such.

Yes I agree and don't think it would have the desired effect.

Sofia has also been known to borrow jewelry from different jewelers and PR brands in Stockholm. Her turquoise earrings from the Nobel gala a few years ago was borrowed- another celebrity wore them a few weeks ago.

Sofia has also been known to borrow jewelry from different jewelers and PR brands in Stockholm. Her turquoise earrings from the Nobel gala a few years ago was borrowed- another celebrity wore them a few weeks ago.

Oh dear, I so do wish members of royal families do not wear borrowed jewellery. It is so unbecoming, in my view.

What i don't understand Sofia can also wear pieces from the family foundation so no need for borrowed Jewels. There should be enough smaller necklaces for her wear with her tiara and it would better then a fake necklace

From my impression she isn't a necklace person as well, I only remember she had worn that choker with uneven pearls (also with that red gown?).

Oh dear, I so do wish members of royal families do not wear borrowed jewellery. It is so unbecoming, in my view.

I agree and it looks like they’re a walking advertisement for that particular jewelry firm which can get sticky nowadays.

Plus the SRF have so many beautiful jewels in the collection and even more that we may have not seen yet...it seems such a shame not to display them at these events.

I mean...RHINESTONES [emoji15] it just irritates me.

The necklace would have been a perfect adornment on a private/ non state occasion , however when on a state occasion, I'm sorry but mixing "real " jewel's with costume is well !! im sorry a mistake .

Apparently the spouse of the once Crown Prince and intended Heir of the family fortune has limited access to the Bernadotte Family Foundation. Or she has access to these jewels but finds them not to her liking, which is very possible as well.

Last edited:
Apparently the spouse of once Crown Prince of Sweden and the intended Heir of the family fortune has limited access to the Bernadotte Family Foundation. Or she has access to these jewels but finds them not to her liking, which is very possible as well.

I was just going to say the same thing that Princess Sofia is rarely seen in the Bernadotte family jewels. I always thought the Swedes were the best when it came to sharing jewels, but Sofia just doesn’t seem to wear many

Apparently the spouse of once Crown Prince of Sweden and the intended Heir of the family fortune has limited access to the Bernadotte Family Foundation. Or she has access to these jewels but finds them not to her liking, which is very possible as well.
I was just going to say the same thing that Princess Sofia is rarely seen in the Bernadotte family jewels. I always thought the Swedes were the best when it came to sharing jewels, but Sofia just doesn’t seem to wear many
I don't think it's the case of not being given access to the family foundations. The King's sisters have worn major family heirlooms on many occasions.

It is and when you consider the massive jewel collection the Swedish royals have there is no need for it. I don't think the Queen or Princesses V and M have worn borrowed items at major events.

I don't think it's the case of not being given access to the family foundations. The King's sisters have worn major family heirlooms on many occasions.
Yes they have. And also princess Lilian.

Back
Top Bottom