Princess of Asturias Awards; 2020-2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
12:15pm. Visit to Sotres (Cabrales) for the bestowal of the 2024 Exemplary Town of Asturias Award.

Live

The program

Arrival. The King and Queen, the Princess and the Infanta will arrive in Sotres at 12.15 and will be received by representatives of the neighbourhood association that promoted the candidacy for the Exemplary Town.

Sierra Amor viewpoint. They will meet with high mountain guides who will lead them to the Sierra Amor viewpoint.

Meeting with shepherds. They will learn about the importance of local livestock farming from livestock owners and shepherds before heading towards the Concha area with the Picos de Europa Bagpipe Band accompanying them.

'Sotres' mining past' exhibition. At the Escuelona, the royal family will admire the exhibition on the mining past of the Andara mountain range.

Meeting with the elderly. There will be institutional gifts for them before meeting with the elderly of the town in the church of San Pedro de Sotres.

Unveiling of the commemorative plaque. At around 12.45 the jury members will be greeted and the plaque will be unveiled before an Asturian song played by a hurdy-gurdy.

Institutional event. It will be around 13.15 with speeches by the King, the Princess and the Mayor of Cabrales.

Country lunch. At 14.10 at Jugu.

Last edited:
Especially at first she seems consistently out of breath, so I guess she's nervous. I do like how she shared some (not very personal) memories of spending time in Asturias with her maternal family. It must be great for Asturias to now have a princess carrying their name with 'Asturian blood' as she herself puts it.
She doesn't rush. She still has some problems with pausing with punctuation, specially when there is a flowing sentence following afterwards.

I have several Latin American friends that found difficult when first arrived in Spain how fast we speak. Castilian is fast spoken language and making a speech in that setting, it's not easy. Even someone like Meryl Streep, with her experience, made a couple of nervous mistakes last year...and her speech was in English.

The Royal Family Leaves The Reconquista Hotel On Their Way To The Exemplary Village

Visit to Sotres

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom