Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally the Danish got a sapphire tiara in the main line! (even though it probably will pass to their kids in future). Nice size and design. Too many new/unseen tiaras this year! (and hoping for more surprises in the second half:ROFLMAO:).

Prince Joachim and Princess Marie are not the main line. The ‘main line’ constitutes the Monarch and the heir, in this case Queen Margarethe and Crown Prince Frederik.

how pretty. i like the shape of the tiara very much on marie. i wonder if the central stone can be changed? who knows, may be a present from joachim to marie on their recent 10th wedding anniversary?

Love it!!! Looks like maybe some new earrings as well.
I Love Marie's tiaras better than Mary's with the ruby parure being the exception.

Love it!!! Looks like maybe some new earrings as well.
I Love Marie's tiaras better than Mary's with the ruby parure being the exception.
We've seen the earrings before. They were worn during the Dutch State Visit.

Wouldn't it be great if that middle stone could be interchangeable?? The sapphire is gorgeous!! But not huge so maybe it could be switched w/ emerald...etc If this is Ole Lynngard the Prince spent a buck....his jewels are expensive!!?

how pretty. i like the shape of the tiara very much on marie. i wonder if the central stone can be changed? who knows, may be a present from joachim to marie on their recent 10th wedding anniversary?
Since the Danes first 'BIG' wedding milestone is twelve and a half years, it doesn't sync well with a gift of that magnitude from Joachim on that occasion. Of course, I am probably wrong, as I often am.

:previous:

That's correct. I don't know if the tenth anniversary is a huge day in France, but in DK it's minor thing compared to the copper anniversary at 12½ years.

Could it be one she has inherited from her grandmother? Who died not that long ago.

Very good Eya.! It's amazing how excited we all get over a new tiara.
Only on loan is very disappointing. They should consider a deal like Lyngard with Mary's Moonlight tiara on a sort of permanent loan.
A jewel that good as Marie's should be worn often. And the Danes do tend to have many tiara events.

A pity that it is just a loan, but not surprising.

From the blog-article:

Princess Marie designed the tiara in collaboration with French jeweler Mauboussin (created in 1827). The tiara was created specifically for the French state visit and is a one-time loan for now although Marie might still be able to wear it to other gala events.

A shame it´s just a loan, but it´s exciting to see Marie in something new for a change. Not particulary in awe of the tiara itself though.

I hope it will be a permanent loan too. It's a very nice modern piece.

A shame it´s just a loan, but it´s exciting to see Marie in something new for a change. Not particulary in awe of the tiara itself though.

At first glance I am not overly exited by the design either, but for a newly designed tiara it looks great. The design has several sapphires in it which is difficult to see in the state visit photos. Hopefully the jeweler will release a clear photo of the tiara soon.

Read the entire article !

NOTE: The Maison Mauboussin is the owner but they assured me that Princess Marie will be able to wear the tiara to future gala events!

It's most likely an exclusive loan like the Midnight Tiara is to Mary and they'll let Marie wear it whenever she wants :)

Great news ! So Marie could still wear this new tiara in the future !

And I am wondering slightly that the DRF (even a minor branch like P. Joachim) is just loaning - not aquiring a tiara themselves. After all - they have daughter and a son.....

I think Joachim will inherite the Floral Tiara from Queen Margrethe. Remember that Queen Ingrid gave the Star and Pearl Tiara to Benedikte and the Khedive Tiara to Anne-Marie :) But Henrik jr and Athena will only very rarely take part in official state events that requires a tiara. They will not be at the State visits, nor at the new years day gala so they won't have much need for it. When uncle Frederik turns 70 and 80 i'm sure he will loan them something :)

Last edited:
I am SO disappointed that this new tiara does not belong to Princess Marie. However, I feel that with her long face, like Camilla Duchess of Cornwall, she does not suit a "pointy" tiara and suits better her wedding tiara. Also, I presume that the wedding tiara is a loan as well because the DRF hardly has any tiaras and they may have lost tiaras to Lady Elizabeth Anson, from her mother who married Prince Georg of Denmark. So, CP Mary was right to add a tiara to her jewellery box!

Read the entire article !

NOTE: The Maison Mauboussin is the owner but they assured me that Princess Marie will be able to wear the tiara to future gala events!

It's most likely an exclusive loan like the Midnight Tiara is to Mary and they'll let Marie wear it whenever she wants :)

I think Marie will be able to borrow it for future occasions, but it won't be 'exclusive' or 'life-long' as the Midnight tiara or the Flora Danica arrangements, otherwise they would've said it outright in the press release.

Some details about our Marie's new tiara.
From article in Billed Bladet #36, 2018.
Written by Trine Larsen.

The tiara was made for the state visit from France. And in close co-operation with the French jewellery firm Mauboussin it took five months to create the tiara, with Marie being in on the design and development all the way.
It is called Lyse Nætter or in French Nuit Claire = Light nights, inspired by the long light summer nights in Denmark.
It was Marie's wish the tiara should have a Danish name, but it is also meant to emphasize the close relations between Denmark and France (Our two countries have actually never been at war!)
The tiara is however the property of the Mauboussin but is on loan to Marie.

It is made from palladium-gold and encrusted with complete 13.15 carats diamonds and sapphires. The center piece being a pear-shaped Ceylon sapphire of 6.82 carats.

Palladium-gold belongs to the platinum-family of gold sorts and it is well suited for tiaras and wedding rings, because it is both lighter than platinum but also very durable, being a very hard metal.
At the same time it is non-allergic, and in contrast to white-gold it does not require treatment with Rhodium.

https://app.box.com/s/41dgu1d4tm30a2waasr35rwg9r42kkww
https://app.box.com/s/389hfowo6505m7eieajri5uozjuikg9q

Last edited:
:previous: Interesting.
I wonder if BB has "borrowed" a couple of facts from this site?

:previous: Interesting.
I wonder if BB has "borrowed" a couple of facts from this site?
Quite possibly. I have got the sense that sometimes the DM certainly gets "inspiration" from conversations on TRF.

I love this tiara and I think Princess Marie Rocks it. So pleased to see her wearing a new piece and the arrangement suits as well.

BB has an article about our Marie's new tiara, which is currently exhibited in the town of Kolding here in DK; along with a number of other DRF tiaras.

Anyway, there is nothing new as such in the article, but it offers a very good and detailed view of the tiara.

See for yourselves here:
https://app.box.com/s/guyfv6vvd3g9mmq4qct8gzn8aiu6fw2l
https://app.box.com/s/y9cctq5ogcj9j1ahv40lvt15k5hu0ngn
https://app.box.com/s/1kt4ednbclo7tb06c8hh0aogna9nffr2

I decided not to stitch the scans of the tiara, knowing perfectly well that many prefer to do that themselves.

As always you are free to download the scans and upload them outside TRF from your own account, crediting Billed Bladet rather than me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom