Princess Marie of Denmark Jewellery 1: Ending Jun 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These tiara is a loan , and it is so ..borring to see her always with the same tiara since years.
Prince Henrik gave jewels to Prince Mary (pearl necklace and brooch she wore at his Funerals) but did he gave something to Marie ??

These tiara is a loan , and it is so ..borring to see her always with the same tiara since years.
Prince Henrik gave jewels to Prince Mary (pearl necklace and brooch she wore at his Funerals) but did he gave something to Marie ??
I do hope that once Mary is queen she'll be a bit more generous than her mother-in-law and give the princesses full use of the tiaras in the family foundation. Theres more than enough of them to go around.

I do hope that once Mary is queen she'll be a bit more generous than her mother-in-law and give the princesses full use of the tiaras in the family foundation. Theres more than enough of them to go around.

Actually i think most of the tiaras are owned by the Queen personally.

Actually i think most of the tiaras are owned by the Queen personally.
I dont know any details but apparently Queen Louise placed large parts of her massive jewellery collection in a foundation.

I dont know any details but apparently Queen Louise placed large parts of her massive jewellery collection in a foundation.
Yes she had made a foundation but from her tiaras there are not too many which are now worn by the danish royal ladies. The pearl poiree tiara (which i heard is in the foundation) and the ruby Parure which is not part of it.

I don't think Margrethe is not generous to Marie, actually she can't be generous because
Denmark actually doesn't have enough "free" tiaras for Marie or other ladies to choose. Pearl Poire and Emerald Parure are "queen-only", Gold Naasut is a personal gift for Margrethe, Ruby Parure is assigned to Frederick's wife, Diamond Drop is a gift/lifetime loan to Alexandra. Some now belong to the Queen's sisters or sidelines of the family. What remains are [1] Dagmar's Floral, [2] the Turquoise, [3] Floral Aigrette, [4] Baden Palmette, and [5] Gold Poppies. [2] are probably too small and not grand enough, [3] and [4] seem to be Margrethe's favourites and Marie may choose to avoid it? and......you need to be so bold if you want to put [5] on your head. So what Marie can pick is Dagmar's Floral. (btw I think the Diamond Drop might go to Marie if it didn't leave in the family with Alexandra.) OTOH Marie always gives me a feeling that she isn't very interested about jewellery, I don't know it is because she really isn't fond of them or her limited jewellery creates a wrong impression to me.

Actually the situation in DRF is quite similar to BRF, many pieces are reserved for someone or gifted to someone and they don't have the tradition of sharing tiaras. (But of course BRF has enough tiaras in their vault and they don't have many tiara events so so far they don't have a serious problem.)

As said above, all tiaras except the Emerald Tiara (Crown Jewel and can only be worn by The Queen) and the Pearl Poirée Tiara (Family foundation but clearly a first lady tiara) is QMII's personal property and thus not automatically available for everyone so i don't think she is not generous to Marie. She has been given the lifetime usage of a very Grand tiara as well as other jewels so i doubt Marie is unhappy. What the danes can do is to try to rebuild their tiara collection and "buy the tiaras" that are currently in the distant part of the family (Benedikte, Anne-Marie, Alexandra, Rosenborg's, Princess Elisabeth etc) or buy new jewels like Mary's Diamond Tiara/Necklace for example.

They really should have bought Countess Rut of Rosenborg's Ruby and Diamond Tiara when it was on auction. Missed opportunity !

AWhat the danes can do is to try to rebuild their tiara collection and "buy the tiaras" that are currently in the distant part of the family (Benedikte, Anne-Marie, Alexandra, Rosenborg's, Princess Elisabeth etc) or buy new jewels like Mary's Diamond Tiara/Necklace for example.

They really should have bought Countess Rut of Rosenborg's Ruby and Diamond Tiara when it was on auction. Missed opportunity !

And then put the tiaras who have been bought back in the foundation so that they are not split up again later. If Queen Margrethe followis the example of Queen Ingrid and leaves some of her Jewels to Prince Joachim to one who are avalible to the main line will become lesser and lesser.

Please stay on topic. Queen Margrethe's tiaras can be discussed in her own thread.

Princess Marie three weeks ago with a necklace with the initials of her children Henrik and Athena:

** Photo **

Surprise!!!! I must say i expect her wedding tiara but a new tiara is always welcome!!!!!!

What a wonderful surprise ,I don't think anyone had guessed that we'd see a new tiara on Princess Marie tonight.

It is a lovely floral tiara with a central blue stone, possibly a sapphire. Also are the earrings new as well? Anyway she looks lovely as usual.
And is wearing the Legion du honor I believe.

What a surprise! It's a lovely tiara and I'm sure that we'll see it quite often in the coming years. The Dane's have so many tiara events that some diversity in tiaras can only be appreciated.

Wow I am shocked to see a new tiara on Marie! I've even more surprised that it seems to be more substantial than Mary's new tiara.
Love to find out more info on it!

It is a lovely floral tiara with a central blue stone, possibly a sapphire. Also are the earrings new as well? Anyway she looks lovely as usual.
And is wearing the Legion du honor I believe.

Isn't she wearing the Order of the Elephant ?

Wow I am shocked to see a new tiara on Marie! I've even more surprised that it seems to be more substantial than Mary's new tiara.

Yes, that is surprising. I imagine Joachim is spending the money he gets (almost for free) from the Danish taxpayer to please his wife.

Yes the Order of the Elephant is worn at the bottom of the sash.
The Star order is the Legion du Honour i believe.

About time I should think!
Agreed! I suspect the tiara may be a 10-year wedding anniversary present from Prince Joachim to Princess Marie.

The Floral/wedding tiara is only a lifetime loan, therefore cannot be inherited by Prince Henrik or Princess Athena. Maybe Princess Marie wanted to make sure her branch of the Danish royals have a tiara to use.

I'm not surprised it's more substantial than CP Mary's tiara acquisition. CP Mary will be Queen Consort and will have access to some magnificent tiaras.

Lovely tiara. It really suits her.

While I always welcome a new tiara and especially a new one for the lovely Marie, I'm afraid this one doesn't tickle my fancy. It looks dinky and quite cheap up close.

Finally the Danish got a sapphire tiara in the main line! (even though it probably will pass to their kids in future). Nice size and design. Too many new/unseen tiaras this year! (and hoping for more surprises in the second half:ROFLMAO:).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom