Princess Märtha Louise of Norway and Durek Verrett: 31 August 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm watching NRK live. The King, Queen, Crown Prince Haakon and Princess Mette-Marit, Princess Ingrid Alexandra, Prince Sverre Magnus and his girlfriend have already arrived, all with typical Norwegian attire.

Victoria, Daniel, Carl Philip and Sofia arrived to the wedding tent. Victoria is recycling her Christer Lindarw gown from the King's Jubilee celebration. And Sofia recycles her Lilli Jahilo gown.

Every event in this wedding celebration has started late. This too. The couple are 25 minutes late and have not left the hotel yet.

Hiding... but obviously these are bridesmaids. Durek's sister, Angelina Verrett-Byrne in a pink dress.
Pic

Last edited:
The bride and groom hiding under the sheets. It's such an inelegant attitude. I'm speechless. :eek:

The Norwegian royal family had a photo taken together on the royal yacht before arriving for Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett's wedding.

This hiding under sheets by the bridal couple is both ridiculous and declassé.

Yes, and the happy bride put the King, Queen and the Crown Prince family to sit in their cars for over 40 minutes and waiting for the couple to come.

Leah and Emma
Pic

Se og Hør:
According to the Se og Hør reporter on the spot, several of the guests are late. Certain guests are said to have also been detained by the police. The princess's manager, Carina Scheele Carlsen, moves around the area and is said to have said: "They must be inside".
- Many of the guests are rudely late. Some have been stopped, because we expect the royal family driving soon. This means that these who are waiting will possibly come after the king. In that case, there is a breach of all etiquette, says royal house expert in Se og Hør, Caroline Vagle.

Last edited:
The Norwegian royal family had a photo taken together on the royal yacht before arriving for Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett's wedding.
That is such a lovely photo and the scenery is so beautiful!

This hiding under sheets by the bridal couple is both ridiculous and declassé.
I always think any wedding where this happens immediately looks so tacky. The focus should be on the couple, not hiding them to keep the $$$$$$$ they sold out for.

Hmm so strangely conventional dress from both - I'm amazed.

Hmm so strangely conventional dress from both - I'm amazed.

But no bunad on the groom, even though the couple requested their guests to wear them. I wonder if his bunad was not ready yet, or if he wanted to emphasize the difference between himself and his Norwegian guests.

To be honest, I am not surprised at the conventional attire on the couple. A "fairytale wedding" is more marketable from Hello!/Netflix's point of view.

Absolutely lovely Bunads by the NRF. And I agree, the outfits of the bride and groom are surprisingly traditional if we consider their usual Styles.

Out of curiosity because I'm a namenerd, is the groom's name Durek David or Derek David?

It's interesting that the Swedish royals were driven at black cars past the media, and Constantijn and Laurentien went with the other guests walking at the red carpet.

The wedding should actually have started at 13.00, but didn't start until 14.00. Press officer for the wedding, Simon Valvik, explains why.
- When you have to organize a wedding, there is a lot of logistics and things that happen. And we see that here too. It is difficult to point to anything concrete, so it was probably just many small delays that turned into a larger delay. So we are late, but despite that, I feel that there is a good atmosphere. So we live well with that.

VG has obtained information about who is sitting at the table with the bride and groom during the gala dinner. 18 people will sit at the table plus the couple, where King Harald and Queen Sonja are also placed. Among the others at the table are these:
Angelina Byrne (Durek's sister) and her husband Michael Byrne, Brandon Clarke (Durek's half-brother), parish priest Margit Lovise Holte, pastor Michael Beckwith, Anne Kari Bøhaugen (Märtha's fiancé), Carina Scheele Carlsen (Märtha Louise's manager), Lars Berteig Andersen (Durek boy band colleague from The Jacketeers), Maggie Alava (Durek's stylist and niece), Marianne Vestnes (Märtha's friend) and Stephen Clark. (I think Victoria will sit at this table too).

- This concealment of the bride and groom is one of the stupidest things I have seen in my entire life. I wonder how well they are paid by Netflix and Hello Magazine, since they are now working SO hard so that the Norwegian press - and the Norwegian people who sit at home and are anxious to death - do not get to see them, says Nettavisen's entertainment commentator Maria Ludvigsen.

Last edited:
I saw in live the arrival of Martha Louise , Derek was already inside.
Hidden stupidely by Hella/Hola sheets , they take time to take care of her Wedding Dress and Veil , which are to much for a second Wedding.
I noticed how Durek was warmy congratulated by the King , the Queen, Crown Prince Haakon , Crown Princess Mette Marit ,Ingrid Alexandra and Sverra Magnus. They really are very happy about Martha Louise second Wedding and Derek being Member of the Norwegian Royal family.
The tent is comletely closed with plastic . No fresh air anymore..

Last edited:
I'm surprised they chose outdoors and a tent with see through panels if they are trying to maintain exclusivity.

Not surprised Derek chose not to wear a bunad - felt a bit too like cultural appropriation for someone who has been so critical of Norway.

[…]
The bar at yesterday's celebrations was open to three in the night/morning, so obviously some guests had problems of getting out of bed and were late, part obviously came to the wedding tent after the King and Queen. It's ridiculous that Simon Valvik blaims the logistics, he and the other organizers should have done their job better!

Nice drone photo, where we see the wedding tent and the Royal Yacht Norge.
Pic

And they said Yes
Pic

The Swedish royals arriving to the wedding tent:
Pic

The royals are leaving the tent.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was right about the wedding tiara, yay.

What's next for these two very peculiar people? Surrogacy or a dramatic divorce?

With Märtha Louise one never knows...

I was right about the wedding tiara, yay.

What's next for these two very peculiar people? Surrogacy or a dramatic divorce?

With Märtha Louise one never knows...

Yes, you never know with. Maybe some peaceful months after this wedding fuss though.

Artist and guest at the wedding, Björg Thorhallsdottir, revealed some of the content of Märtha's wedding vows. Thorhallsdottir says that the princess promised to love Durek forever.
- And that her three daughters always come first, and then comes Durek. I was very moved. Everyone was crying inside. That's why everyone wears mascara under their eyes, she tells VG.

The logistics are bad, there is still guests beside the wedding tent, while many have been at the hotel already a long time, waiting for the afternoon tea, which should have begun 14.30.

Their monogram at Durek's suit...

And covered again when leaving the tent, not very well though.
Pic

Last edited:
Hello I rarely come to NRF thread, furthermore i received so many Instagram posts ...so I came.
I wish them happiness in this crazy adventure... anyway.
I found this wedding the summon of bad taste. It is between Karnaval (not the Venice's one) and a failed cartoon. Bride and groom dressed looklike in this pink H outfits.
And then the boat outfits...
And today this plastic sheet think. If they wanted it to be secret.. they should do the ceremony inside... bride arriving from another room ...so simple.
And the groom going straight from dialysis to the party... I know many people in dialysis... they need hours in bed after each session to recover...

The groom is crystal clear he won the lottery with this marriage.
But her... OMG. Someone said to this thread that she is rebel... Easy...
If she wanted to be a real rebel... she should abandon Palace and Tiaras..burn her title..and go to Africa or Amazon river.. live like a local and produce à real work to help those who have nothing to this life neither the previous ones. She is pathetic.. and has even not youth às extenuating circumstance.

Here is the liturgy, as required for all Church of Norway weddings, in various languages and formats.

Click on the "Vigsel" folder.

A direct link to the English version:

I suspect that this wedding will be conducted in English.

I wonder why the King and Crown Prince did not wear their bunads.
The King never wears traditionl costumes! The only exception is more than half a century ago, when he introduced the then new Crown Princess to the sami people. It was never repeated again.

It that just Harald or something other Kings have done in the past? Interesting to see SM in one but not Haakon or Harald - King and future King.

Back
Top Bottom