Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nettavisen's royal house expert Tove Taalesen believes the couple will invest in a life in Norway.
- They are super-celebrities in Norway, or A-celebrities. But in the US they are really nothing. Not even Prince Harry and Meghan Markle have really succeeded in the US, so it is not very likely that Märtha Louise and Durek will do it either.
Taalesen thinks Durek wants to establish himself in Europe. With a princess title and a royal family behind him, he sees that he will be interesting in a completely different way than he is in the US. And Norway is not enough, he is thinking Europe. It may well be that he wants to do more than just his shaman activities. He is interested in fashion and fashionable, so it may be that he wants to work as both a shaman and speaker, but also in a way an influencer.
Taalesen also believes that Märtha Louise wants to stay in Norway for some time to come because of her daughters. And Märtha Louise and Durek have understood that, considering how big celebrities they are, they can make a lot of money from being precisely "Märtha and Durek". Regardless of the princess title or not, because it doesn't matter since she is the king's daughter anyway.
Oh my! It that is true we'll have a lot to talk about in Europe and I already feel sorry for the Norwegians.

MS "Godøy" and MS "Geirangerfjord II" will transport the wedding guests to Geiranger on 30 August in connection with the wedding of Märtha Louise and Durek.
380 guests are to be divided between the two boats, according to documents that VG has seen.

In this week's podcast, that Martha Louise takes part of, the theme is: when your Family tries to limit you. ;)
I haven't listened but it made me LOL, knowing the recent discussion on this forum

I sincerely hope she said "I have no idea what that's like", because otherwise...?

What kind of podcast is it? Does Märtha Louise participate more often or was she specifically selected for this topic (and agreed to join?!).

I've moved the discussion about European royal marriage consent in general to Opposition to Royal Marriages.

Monaco: According to Prince Albert II, he was not asked for and did not grant his consent to his nephews' marriages.
Liechtenstein: Though it is not announced which marriages have or have not received consent, it is clear that not all marriages have been consented to as the number of acknowledged members of the princely house is more limited than the number of documented male-line descendants.
Denmark: Princess Elisabeth abstained from marrying her life partner up to his death in 1997 because she knew or believed the Queen would withhold consent.
Britain (where, until 2015, consent was required for most British descendants of the 18th-century King George II): Some of the further relatives such as various members of the Lascelles family were not granted consent to marry, almost certainly because they were unaware of the requirement and did not request it.

It is public knowledge that consent was withheld from the marriages of Grand Duke Henri's son Prince Louis, his brother Prince Jean and his cousin Prince Robert, since titles were (at least initially) withheld from their wives (under the grand-ducal decrees governing royal titles at the time, an approved marriage of a prince would have automatically conferred his title on his wife). For other marriages in the grand-ducal family, it was never made public (to my knowledge) whether consent was granted or not, though there is a clause in the 2012 reform of the house law which strongly implies that consent was granted to the marriages of Grand Duke Henri's sisters Marie-Astrid and Margaretha.

As none of the European countries other than the Netherlands require the monarch, or the government if applicable, to publicly account for their decision to grant or withhold consent, I suppose we can't know (unless an involved party leaks to the media) whether they truly believed every approved spouse was qualified to serve as first lady/first gentleman of their country (which is all that consent currently governs; there is no longer any denial of royal couples' legal right to marry) or simply wanted to keep the peace. But would you consider every approved spouse to be a suitable first spouse to represent their country? If not, then the current system is inadequate.

In Norway however, wich is the most important thing here, it is a different story… Poll after poll after poll is clearly showing that the support for monarchy is dropping…

And like many royal commentators have written, because of The King no longer undertaking state visits abroad and have also had to heavily cut back on his public-facing engagements in Norway due to his health, and The Crown Princess occasionally having to cancel all her engagements due to her health, the royal family is becoming much less visible. The empty space in the media is then filled by Märtha Louise and Durek and all the superweird things they say and do. With the result that the public support for the monarchy is dropping like never before… That’s why many people feels that the symbolic act of The King doing something heavily to show that he does not accept this is both neccessary and becoming urgent.

At the same time, Royal Norway (who is Norwegian and well informed) has explained that the majority of Norwegians strongly dislike the hypothetical idea of the King withholding his consent to the marriage, which would not affect the couple's right to marry, but would remove his daughter from the line of succession to the throne upon marriage. Thus, even though the general public apparently disapproves of the things the Princess and Mr. Verrett say and do, they simultaneously want them to remain eligible and entitled to represent them as Norway's head of state and first gentleman. In my estimation, the public ought to examine and resolve their own contradictory attitudes to the couple before blaming the King.

It has to be exhausting for her parents to be dealing with her constantly releasing these types of stories, at a time when Harold is going through his own health issues. She knows her family won't counter her by saying "Our daughter never complained of ghosts as a kid." She knows she can create whatever narrative she wants.

And I don't think the King and Queen can withhold their blessing to their daughter's wedding, because they do love her and her daughters, and Martha Louise and Durek will likely behave badly very publicly if they don't. It's, all and all, a situation with no great solutions.

TBF if ML and the Sham Man weren't trying to make a living by appearing in the media every two seconds and - it very much feels like - trading on her royal links to boost their profile and thus their income - there wouldn't be a problem. She could be the slightly kooky Princess marrying an even bigger kook who everyone can see is unsuitable but as they would be doing no harm it wouldn't really matter. The issue is they are in the media every blinking day and doing so in some media where not enough is known about the NRF to differentiate between the main RF and ML and her conman fiancee.

Its interesting that she seems to be targeting the UK media a lot - she appeared in a BBC documentary about former royals with Katty Kay and now speaking to the Telegraph.

IMO the issue is trying to make their living from the media - they either need to follow the rules laid down by the King or Royal Court or be forced to. Its clear they don't want to - there have been too many "mistakes" for them to be that bothered about it, they hope they'll get away with it and if they can't blame it on others or mistakes which is pretty unfair on her father and family to me but I'm afraid they are in it for themselves.

I feel very sorry for her parents because part of them probably wants to tell her to 'go be free' (aka go away) in LA but there is also probably concern for her children and indeed herself that away from the more stable influence of her family the Sham Man will really get her claws into her - he has assaulted exes in the past so I'd be the same - wanting her close to home where I could keep an eye on her and her and the kids welfare - but that means putting up with more of this rubbish all the time.

I had no idea ML was this way for lack of a better term, but there you have it.

She is exhausting, isn't she? :unsure:

Here's the mention of the general she refers to: Wilhelm Rediess took his life in a bunker, not her assigned bedroom and another person did the same with explosive materials in that bunker on 8 May 1945. ML was born 26 years later, on 22 September 1971, and I could not find information of Rediess ghost sightings anywhere. Especially since she claims he took his life in her room and not in the underground bunker.

Maybe, if we get to continue with ghost stories, it's another entity that actually passed away in that room since ghosts usually stay locked in the area they died in, per ghost movie documentary Beetlejuice.

Bio in English: Wilhelm Rediess - Wikipedia
"Rediess committed suicide by a self-inflicted gunshot wound upon the collapse of the Third Reich in Norway on 8 May 1945.[5] His remains were destroyed on the same day that Terboven killed himself by detonating fifty kilograms of dynamite in a bunker on the Skaugum (palace) compound."

Bio in German - translate in your browser Wilhelm Redieß – Wikipedia

PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions

In this article there's more on the story
I was haunted by a Nazi general who killed himself in my palace bedroom, says princess

But, what really gets my attention is the caption under the photo of ML and her shaman, when you scroll down the article that says and I quote: "Princess Martha Louise with her partner Durek Verrett, who claims to have risen from the dead and to have predicted the 9/11 attacks - ISM/Capital Pictures"

Did we miss that article where Durek rose from the dead? If that was as he claims, why is he not all over the news showing his toe tag from the morgue, the Death Certificate signed by the coroner or a medical staffer? the video of the rise? and most of all, turning water into a liqueur company with ML?

Now that's a Durek story I want to see but, like any fraudulent con artist we have to believe not what we see with our eyes but what comes out of his lying mouth. I mean, ML does it all the time, right? 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
I don't know how the legalities would work- if the Norwegian legislature has to act, or if Harald could do so unilaterally- but I have wondered if the plan is to make nice until the wedding is over, and then pull Martha Louise's title.

Leave her in the line of succession, as it's a non-issue with her niece and nephew already adults with no fear of a regency.

Again, I am not familiar at all with how it would work in Norway. If it could be done unilaterally by the King, it seems a more realistic solution.

but there is also probably concern for her children and indeed herself that away from the more stable influence of her family the Sham Man will really get her claws into her - he has assaulted exes in the past so I'd be the same - wanting her close to home where I could keep an eye on her and her and the kids welfare
Two of her children are adults now and Emma is pretty much old enough to decide where she wants to live. Fortunately, the girls are probably slightly less of a concern these days than ML and her own welfare.

I don't know how the legalities would work- if the Norwegian legislature has to act, or if Harald could do so unilaterally- but I have wondered if the plan is to make nice until the wedding is over, and then pull Martha Louise's title.

Leave her in the line of succession, as it's a non-issue with her niece and nephew already adults with no fear of a regency.

Again, I am not familiar at all with how it would work in Norway. If it could be done unilaterally by the King, it seems a more realistic solution.
None of that is Harald's style, fortunately or unfortunately. And her in the line of succession is very much still an issue until either niece or nephew put someone else between them. It only takes one accident.

Doesn't the Derick think he was Cleopatra or something like that?

I mean think of anyone dead for a while and he's probably said he used to be them
There's only one Cleopatra for me and that's Liz Taylor. And she only played her in a movie but never ever said she was her reincarnation.

Durek, like all frauds, will tell you want you want to hear as long as you have a financial value for him. But in his case, I see a very disturbing side in the making and his antics, arrests and five incarcerations foreshadow the future we will be discussing here at RFs in a matter of time. The moment he doesn't get his way, read when Haakon is in charge, we will see him as how he was in the USA and why he was incacrerrated so often.

Maybe, if we get to continue with ghost stories, it's another entity that actually passed away in that room since ghosts usually stay locked in the area they died in
The current house was only built in the 1930s. The only period where the family wouldn't have known exactly what was going on and in which room was during the war.

ML may not have her facts 100% correct, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility a nasty thing or two or several happened while Skaugum was SS-occupied (does anyone know where the guy lived?) and it came to upset hypersensitive ML. She's told this one before; it's not something she just made up for the interview.

Again, I will fault her for a lot, but not for something that frightened her as a child and maybe since.

She is exhausting, isn't she? :unsure:

Here's the mention of the general she refers to: Wilhelm Rediess took his life in a bunker, not her assigned bedroom and another person did the same with explosive materials in that bunker on 8 May 1945. ML was born 26 years later, on 22 September 1971, and I could not find information of Rediess ghost sightings anywhere. Especially since she claims he took his life in her room and not in the underground bunker.

Maybe, if we get to continue with ghost stories, it's another entity that actually passed away in that room since ghosts usually stay locked in the area they died in, per ghost movie documentary Beetlejuice.

Bio in English: Wilhelm Rediess - Wikipedia
"Rediess committed suicide by a self-inflicted gunshot wound upon the collapse of the Third Reich in Norway on 8 May 1945.[5] His remains were destroyed on the same day that Terboven killed himself by detonating fifty kilograms of dynamite in a bunker on the Skaugum (palace) compound."

Bio in German - translate in your browser Wilhelm Redieß – Wikipedia

PressReader.com - Digital Newspaper & Magazine Subscriptions

In this article there's more on the story
I was haunted by a Nazi general who killed himself in my palace bedroom, says princess

But, what really gets my attention is the caption under the photo of ML and her shaman, when you scroll down the article that says and I quote: "Princess Martha Louise with her partner Durek Verrett, who claims to have risen from the dead and to have predicted the 9/11 attacks - ISM/Capital Pictures"

Did we miss that article where Durek rose from the dead? If that was as he claims, why is he not all over the news showing his toe tag from the morgue, the Death Certificate signed by the coroner or a medical staffer? the video of the rise? and most of all, turning water into a liqueur company with ML?

Now that's a Durek story I want to see but, like any fraudulent con artist we have to believe not what we see with our eyes but what comes out of his lying mouth. I mean, ML does it all the time, right? 🤷‍♂️
Well, he's a deadbeat. Does that count?

In terms of consequences for the public, the title is more of a non-issue: It may be commercially and socially beneficial, but it carries no legal entitlements, dynastic privileges, or constitutional status. Her place in the line of succession to the Crown consists of a small but still realistic chance that she will someday automatically become head of state without the need for a public or parliamentary vote, in addition to the symbolic statement (by the official consent granted to her marriage) that the King deems her and her husband-to-be to be qualified to act as Head of State and First Gentleman of Norway.

For the princess personally, I would surmise that if hypothetically forced to choose, she would rather lose her right to the crown than lose her title, as she has never seemed enthusiastic about the idea of becoming a monarch.

But to answer your question about the legalities: The Constitution stipulates that the King takes the decisions on titles of persons in line to the throne. He cannot directly decide the order of succession to the throne, as that is governed by the Constitution itself, but he may withhold his consent to a marriage, which automatically deprives the person who marries without consent and their descendants of their right to the throne.

Last edited:
[the title] may be commercially and socially beneficial, but it carries no legal entitlements, dynastic privileges, or constitutional status.

I need to revise my comment: There are certain articles in the Constitution which could be read as distinguishing between royals who have the princess or prince title and royals who do not - however, I do not believe that was the intention, and to my knowledge, there is no precedent for such an interpretation being applied.

See this thread for further details: Constitutional and Dynastic Matters in the Norwegian Monarchy

The current house was only built in the 1930s. The only period where the family wouldn't have known exactly what was going on and in which room was during the war.

ML may not have her facts 100% correct, but it's certainly within the realm of possibility a nasty thing or two or several happened while Skaugum was SS-occupied (does anyone know where the guy lived?) and it came to upset hypersensitive ML. She's told this one before; it's not something she just made up for the interview.

Again, I will fault her for a lot, but not for something that frightened her as a child and maybe since.

Skaugum - Wikipedia
The estate was originally Church property during the Middle Ages, and passed through several owners until 1909, when Fritz Wedel Jarlsberg bought it. When Crown Prince Olav and Crown Princess Märtha were married in 1929, Wedel-Jarlsberg sold it to the couple. In 1937, Prince Harald was born on the estate.

Wedel-Jarlsberg's Swiss chalet style-residence, designed by Herman Backer and completed in 1891, burned to the ground in 1930.[2] The Norwegian architect Arnstein Arneberg was commissioned to design a new structure, entirely on the foundations of the old building. The new building was also built of stone to avoid future fires.

The Skaugun estate had a long history before its 20th century upgrades, so there's a chance the sources of that negative energy are not what ML wants to sell but some other tragedy from another era.

It's like when you go to a place and have a bad feeling something terrible will happen to you. More precise, like when ML was hanging around with Paltrow and met Durek. That was the moment she needed Whoopie Goldberg nearby in her Ghost movie character to warn her "you are in trouble, girl!"

I think the title means everything to her and to Durek. And I do think without action, Durek will claim a fake title after the wedding.

The only reason he became attached to her and not to any other California celebrity he preyed upon in those circles is because in the Hollywood world he had too much competition from other scammers, and because she was gullible, with money and with a title to latch on.

He needs her to keep that title no matter what because is his business opportunity to exploit it until he's done with it. Reminds me of that other pretender, Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband that found a way to be adopted by a senior German princess and he milked that title in the USA as if he was part of the real princely family history.

I won't be surprised if Durek, after the wedding, changes his name in the USA to be called legally Prince Durek (new first name) of Norway (new surname). In the USA (California) all you need is like $435.00 for the court filing by a lawyer or yourself and he gets a brand-new self-imposed title passing for his new name.

Hope he's not reading the Forum, I just gave him that idea!

Oh don’t worry- if he claims a royal title it will be because the spirits of Cleopatra, Elizabeth I, Grand Duchess Anastasia, Diana and Queen Elizabeth II all surged through him when he said “I do” and granted him the title Prince

It won’t be anything as boring as legally changing him name. I mean who does that right, Derek

The only reason he became attached to her and not to any other California celebrity he preyed upon in those circles is because in the Hollywood world he had too much competition from other scammers, and because she was gullible, with money and with a title to latch on.

He needs her to keep that title no matter what because is his business opportunity to exploit it until he's done with it. Reminds me of that other pretender, Zsa Zsa Gabor's husband that found a way to be adopted by a senior German princess and he milked that title in the USA as if he was part of the real princely family history.

I won't be surprised if Durek, after the wedding, changes his name in the USA to be called legally Prince Durek (new first name) of Norway (new surname). In the USA (California) all you need is like $435.00 for the court filing by a lawyer or yourself and he gets a brand-new self-imposed title passing for his new name.

Hope he's not reading the Forum, I just gave him that idea!
Probably has already thought about it and planned it.

According to Se og Hør, Durek, Märtha Louise and her daughters Emma and Leah have all traveled to Catalina Island.

Vinmonopolet about Märtha Louise and Durek's wedding gin: Doesn't sell very much

Back
Top Bottom