Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankyou for this. So Durek was connected to/worked for GOOP, and he and Prs M-L do know Gwyneth in a superficial sort of way. Interesting, but it does make sense I suppose, as the three of them have the same sort of mindset, if I can put it that way.

Märtha Louise and Durek were seen taking a stroll on Tjuvholmen on Saturday. Together with friends and a video team, they were seen on a cabin cruiser in the Oslo Fjord.

Muhler, could you please explain what the thinking is of “why” ML wants to hurt or embarrass her family? I’m not sure I totally understand. Do people think she really believes his con or is just going along for the publicity/money making? Thanks in advance :flowers:
It's my impression that the Norwegian royal and political commentators and by extension the Norwegian public are just as divided in their opinions of what is going on as we are here.
They don't go that much into why ML acts like she does, that would of course be pure speculation, it's more about the consequences of her actions and the fact the she repeatedly has broken the agreements between the couple and the NRF. Which, if King Harald is anything resembling a normal human being, must be hurtful not least in light of his health.

It boils down to:
- ML is a mature woman who is responsible for her decisions.
- ML has broken a signed agreement several times. An agreement that should not be that difficult to adhere by. Either you stick to what you agreed to or you don't sign an agreement at all.
- The accusations (in particular racism) leveled at the Norwegian press and even Norwegian people are considered unfair and ML with her cultural background should know better than to support and voice such accusations.
- Her continuation of her inconsiderate behavior towards her family is seen in a very negative light. Not least because King Harald is known as a compassionate and decent man. It doesn't exactly help that she and Durek have threatened to sue Durek's 81 year old mother - for voicing an opinion all the commentators heartily agree with BTW. You just don't threaten your 81 year old mother in Norwegian eyes. And if Durek does do that, ML should keep her nose out of it.
Of course past controversies are also brought up. Angel school, shaky personal economy and her narrative regarding the unhappy life she lived while she was an active royal - while still insisting on being a princess. Which is considered to be open hypocrisy.
- On top of that there is the feud with the Norwegian press, which is generally considered stupid.

You don't need a degree in reading between the lines to know that there is a sense of deep disappointment, anger and probably a feeling of betrayal as well on behalf of the NRF (Keep in mind the deep respect there is for King Harald.) Norway (the Norwegians is a proud people) and the Norwegians themselves. (That's a tribal thing. ML has betrayed and embarrassed the tribe with her behavior.)
And that's why, I'm sure, ML is getting more heat than Durek in the links that were a part of the BT article I posted.

The above has pretty much been the gist of the comments for a very long time now. The difference being that as the wedding is getting nearer, the calls of: "this cannot go on" and "do something" are getting louder.

I don't recall reading a Norwegian commentator speculate in depth about the motives for ML's behavior.
I.e. is she a naive victim of a conman who is manipulating her. Or does she know perfectly well what is being done and is she perhaps even using Durek. That is conning the conman. Or has she found a true soulmate in Durek.
These are things I personally don't recall having read by serious commentators. But it is no doubt debated lively on social media and at the coffee tables in Norway.

The only time recently where the press and commentators were friendly towards ML, was after the death of Ari Behn and that was mainly directed towards the daughters but also the way ML obviously took care of her daughters.

It's been a very long time since I have last seen an opinion piece where someone is sympathetic towards ML and Durek, let alone agreed with them.

-----------------

ADDED:
I think there is a cultural thing that needs to be pointed out.
In Scandinavia "friend" is a strong word that is used about people you genuinely know well.
While in other cultures the word friend is used more loosely and also about acquaintances and associates.
In Scandinavia "good friend" is only used about a very select few and probably lifelong close friends.

Last edited:
While I don't know how close Shaman Durek & Princess Märtha-Louise are to Gwyneth Paltrow she's been a friend of Crown Princess Mette-Marit for about 20 years.
I think the initial Shaman/Gwyneth GOOP connection was earlier 2015? prior to his meeting Märtha Louise.

I do remember this, however:
"Crown Princess Mette-Marit and Crown Prince Haakon of Norway shared a new photo showing them in Halloween costumes with the title "Knask eller knep?" (Trick or treat). The Crown Prince and Crown Princess wore the costumes of the characters Margot (Gwyneth Paltrow) and Richie Tenenbaum (Luke Wilson) from Wes Anderson's 2001 film "The Royal Tenenbaums". (American actress Gwyneth Paltrow is a close friend of Crown Princess Mette-Marit.)" I loved that movie so it caught my eye years later (2019) seeing Haakon and Mette-Marit in their costumes. Hilarious!!
Crown Prince Haakon and Mette-Marit shared a new photo.

I think it's easy to guess why ML gets more heat than Durrek. She's the one Norwegian people have seen since she was born. She was the one with privileges befitting a member of the RF - but also the expectations. Durek who?

That's also the reason they make more headlines in Norway. The U.S. is full of Dureks and ML's title can't generate the same interest there as it does in Norway. In the U.S., they are two very small fishes in a very big pond. Call me cynical, but I think that's one of the reasons they are getting married in "racist" Norway, instead of the U.S.

And no, I don't think King Harald is ever going to do something about ML, unless public opinion sways heavily in this direction and demands action. Which ML and Durek sometimes seem to be aiming for.

As far as i know that is not needed in Norway if ones marry in a ceremony of the norwegian Church
Correct.
Norway works pretty much the way it does in DK.
Prior to the marriage both will have to fill out an (online) declaration of intent of marriage and file it to a municipality (typically the one where you have registered your address and pay a fee.
In the declaration you state who you are, whether you are a Norwegian (or Nordic) citizen, whether at least on of you is a member of the state church, if not whether you are a Lutheran, atheist or Buddhist, where you wish to be married, whether you are of legal age and sound mind and also whether you wish to change your name. Having done all that, you sign online.
When the municipality has checked your info, that you really are of legal age, nor too closely related and is not wanted for a bigamy etc. and everything is OK, the municipality will issue a certificate and with that you can now get married. That will typically take a couple of weeks. - If you haven't already arranged a date and time, you do it now.
Then you get married by someone who is licensed to do so. In this case a priest. After the ceremony The dean/clerk at the church will fill out and register a marriage certificate (it has actually already been prepared and only need an online signature and a note in the parish register) and that's it.

However, as Durek is not a Norwegian nor a Nordic citizen this will not be handled by the municipality but by the social services (I don't know under which ministry). I don't know what they call that office in Norway.
They will check whether Durek is already married, whether he is of legal age, that he is not wanted, his criminal records whether he has a debt, whether he or his future spouse can support him financially for an extended period if they wish to take up residence in Norway and various other details regarding the conditions for foreign citizens in Norway.
On top of the usual info regarding where they wish to be married.
- In DK that can be done very fast, within some 48 hours, if you are both foreign citizens and don't live in DK and don't intend to settle in DK. But that is not the case in Norway.

ADDED:
Just checked.
They can indeed have a civil wedding prior to the wedding in the church. In which case it's a blessing and a confirmation of the marriage rather than a valid wedding in itself, because the priest will have to ensure that they are already married - i.e. they need to present their marriage certificate.

Last edited:
So ,If ML passes away the Shaman will inherit her Royal ownerships ?

It's my impression that the Norwegian royal and political commentators and by extension the Norwegian public are just as divided in their opinions of what is going on as we are here.
They don't go that much into why ML acts like she does, that would of course be pure speculation, it's more about the consequences of her actions and the fact the she repeatedly has broken the agreements between the couple and the NRF. Which, if King Harald is anything resembling a normal human being, must be hurtful not least in light of his health.

It boils down to:
- ML is a mature woman who is responsible for her decisions.
- ML has broken a signed agreement several times. An agreement that should not be that difficult to adhere by. Either you stick to what you agreed to or you don't sign an agreement at all.
- The accusations (in particular racism) leveled at the Norwegian press and even Norwegian people are considered unfair and ML with her cultural background should know better than to support and voice such accusations.
- Her continuation of her inconsiderate behavior towards her family is seen in a very negative light. Not least because King Harald is known as a compassionate and decent man. It doesn't exactly help that she and Durek have threatened to sue Durek's 81 year old mother - for voicing an opinion all the commentators heartily agree with BTW. You just don't threaten your 81 year old mother in Norwegian eyes. And if Durek does do that, ML should keep her nose out of it.
Of course past controversies are also brought up. Angel school, shaky personal economy and her narrative regarding the unhappy life she lived while she was an active royal - while still insisting on being a princess. Which is considered to be open hypocrisy.
- On top of that there is the feud with the Norwegian press, which is generally considered stupid.

You don't need a degree in reading between the lines to know that there is a sense of deep disappointment, anger and probably a feeling of betrayal as well on behalf of the NRF (Keep in mind the deep respect there is for King Harald.) Norway (the Norwegians is a proud people) and the Norwegians themselves. (That's a tribal thing. ML has betrayed and embarrassed the tribe with her behavior.)
And that's why, I'm sure, ML is getting more heat than Durek in the links that were a part of the BT article I posted.

The above has pretty much been the gist of the comments for a very long time now. The difference being that as the wedding is getting nearer, the calls of: "this cannot go on" and "do something" are getting louder.

I don't recall reading a Norwegian commentator speculate in depth about the motives for ML's behavior.
I.e. is she a naive victim of a conman who is manipulating her. Or does she know perfectly well what is being done and is she perhaps even using Durek. That is conning the conman. Or has she found a true soulmate in Durek.
These are things I personally don't recall having read by serious commentators. But it is no doubt debated lively on social media and at the coffee tables in Norway.

The only time recently where the press and commentators were friendly towards ML, was after the death of Ari Behn and that was mainly directed towards the daughters but also the way ML obviously took care of her daughters.

It's been a very long time since I have last seen an opinion piece where someone is sympathetic towards ML and Durek, let alone agreed with them.

-----------------

ADDED:
I think there is a cultural thing that needs to be pointed out.
In Scandinavia "friend" is a strong word that is used about people you genuinely know well.
While in other cultures the word friend is used more loosely and also about acquaintances and associates.
In Scandinavia "good friend" is only used about a very select few and probably lifelong close friends.
Muhler, thanks so very much for taking the time to write this very comprehensive post! It is very informative and helpful - I’m always interested to learn more about different cultures. :flowers: I really feel for ML’s parents and brother, not to mention her daughters.

Märtha Louise and Durek were seen taking a stroll on Tjuvholmen on Saturday. Together with friends and a video team, they were seen on a cabin cruiser in the Oslo Fjord.
Of course there was a camera crew , Sussex 101

whether you are of legal age and sound mind

Muhler I seriously question the sound mind part of this :)
Well, if you spend a day zapping through the TV-programs or watch 20 randomly selected YouTube videos, then Durek begins to sound pretty normal... :confused:

Durek confirmed at podcast "Stavrum og Eikeland" that King Harald and Queen Sonja attend the wedding.
- Of course they will come. The whole family is looking forward to it.
He goes on to tell about the relationship between himself and the royal couple.
- It is fantastic! We have been together this summer. We have had dinners and have a very good time together. I can't speak for my future father-in-law, but our relationship is fantastic. My mother-in-law and I were on a boat together and had a great time out on the water. She showed and taught me a lot about the surrounding islands. She always teaches me a lot about Norway, which is very nice.
Durek confirms that Harry and Meghan will not come.

The police have still not been asked for protection by any of the wedding guests. Mayor Einar Arve Nordang has told that in the preparatory meetings with the police they have received the following message:
- The police say they are responsible for Norwegian royalty and foreign monarchs, as I understand it.
Royal house expert Trond Norén Isaksen:
- Had there been any important guests, the police would have been notified as soon as they had agreed to come.
Isaksen says that guests without a rank that means they are entitled to protection can come: for instance Princess Alexandra of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg and her husband, princess Alexia, princess Laurentien and prince Constantijn, princess Irene of the Netherlands.
VG asked Märtha Louise's manager Carina Scheele Carlsen: "The police still haven't received a request for assistance regarding the protection of guests. What is your comment on that? Do you use a private security operator?" Scheele Carlsen answered in an SMS at she can't comment on this.

"Durek boasts of the understanding the royal couple and Crown Prince Haakon (51) have shown him and his culture.
- Everyone in the family talks together. We talk about everything. If my father-in-law has a problem with something, he brings it up before we have dinner. If my mother-in-law has a problem, she brings it up. No one holds anything back and gets mad at each other. That's not how it is.
He goes on to say that the royal family is looking forward to participating in the princess wedding.
- They are very family-oriented and our family is strong. We explain everything that happens to her parents, they listen to us, they share their thoughts and we also talk about it. Then we go back to being a family.

Durek also confirms to the presenters that he sometimes meets King Harald at the castle for talks.
According to Durek, he has free access to the Castle, but would not share the great details of what he likes to do there:"

Durek can hardly wait to marry ML and become a member of the NRF. He already refers to King Harold as his father-in-law and Queen Sonja as his mother-in-law and referencing them as "our family is strong". If ML ever divorces (gets rid of) Durek, good luck. It won't be easy. King Harold and/or Crown Prince Haakon will have their work cut out for them kicking Verrett out of "the castle".

Durek Verrett claims the royal couple were present when he was exposed to racism.
At podcast "Stavrum & Eikeland", Durek talks also about the gross allegations of racism that he believes he has been subjected to by Märtha Louise's friends. He believes that they didn't understand how he could make so much money. He tells about a dinner he and Märtha Louise had, where the king and queen are said to have been guests. According to Durek, he was subjected to gross racism from one of Märtha Louise's friends, who called her all the time and asked her to break up with him.
Guri Varpe, communications officer at the Royal Court, says that they don't want to comment on whether they know about the incident or whether the royal couple were present. We have no comments on the statements in Nettavisen's podcast, writes Varpe in an email.
Durek points out that he has not experienced racism from the Norwegian royal family.

This may be the same "Stavrum & Eikeland" podcast mentioned by Lady Finn. Durek åpner opp om oppveksten, moren og rasismen: - Venner sa jeg var en narkolanger

@ minute ~ 9:50" of the podcast Durek recalls he and ML were at a dinner party with Martha's friends and the King and Queen. He was pouring water for everyone and supposedly one of the male friends laughed and said "now this is what you should be doing", as in being a servant. Martha's friends were all laughing at him.

The podcast is 48:39" :sleep:of Durek drolling on and on.

He's getting married at the end of the month and this is what he talks about in a recent podcast. I don't know how marriage is going to work out for the happy couple if Martha's friends are such overt racists, if one is to believe his many stories.:alien:

Exactly!! He just won't shut it up! This podcast was Aug 6, a day ago.

Last edited:
Well, I'm a racist.

I believe ML should never marry Durek, and by Durek's definition that makes me a racist.
I am also racist because I am critical of Durek and per definition any criticism of Durek is racism.
I would very much be a racist if I happened to be among their (now ex) friends, because I too would joke about him eventually being under the foot of his wife and waiting on her. And that is, I now understand, inexcusable racism. - Don't Americans make such jokes?
I am even more racist because if I should ever get the opportunity I would tell him to his face that: "You're quack. You're a quack who happens to have a darker skin-tone than mine, but you are first and foremost a quack."

What an insufferable little pretense of a man this personage is!
How dare he throw the word racist around, like it was candy.
There is real genuine racism out there and this extremely thin-skinned conman use the word to manipulate people to not criticizing him. Well, I've got news for you, the word has lost its barb a long time ago.

I so hope he will one day meet QMII on a day when she's in a foul mood.
She'll split him in half from ten paces with just one sentence. :mad:

As I said in the beginning, the friends he refers to are now no longer friends. Because had I been among them and hearing this I would be deeply offended and insulted. And I would also be angry that he didn't just tell me, if he had a problem with my jokes and me laughing of them.
Great work, Durak.

Last edited:
In the last episode of the podcast "HeartSmart Conversations", which is led by Märtha Louise, Mari Manzetti and Lilli Bendriss, Durek is a guest and makes several revelations about Norwegian women.
- There are people who come up to me and flirt with me. Norwegian women are very direct. It's something else, another world. I walk on the street and women come up to me and say that "I'm free if you ever get bored Märtha". I answer that I am in love with Märtha, and that it will never change. Then someone replies that "but maybe...", but then I say "no, it's not a maybe".

What we will hear next...

Well, I'm a racist.

I believe ML should never marry Durek, and by Durek's definition that makes me a racist.
I am also racist because I am critical of Durek and per definition any criticism of Durek is racism.
I would very much be a racist if I happened to be among their (now ex) friends, because I too would joke about him eventually being under the foot of his wife and waiting on her. And that is, I now understand, inexcusable racism. - Don't Americans make such jokes?
I am even more racist because if I should ever get the opportunity I would tell him to his face that: "You're quack. You're a quack who happens to have a darker skin-tone than mine, but you are first and foremost a quack."

What an insufferable little pretense of a man this personage is!
How dare he throw the word racist around, like it was candy.
There is real genuine racism out there and this extremely thin-skinned conman use the word to manipulate people to not criticizing him. Well, I've got news for you, the word has lost its barb a long time ago.

I so hope he will one day meet QMII on a day when she's in a foul mood.
She'll split him in half from ten paces with just one sentence. :mad:

As I said in the beginning, the friends he refers to are now no longer friends. Because had I been among them and hearing this I would be deeply offended and insulted. And I would also be angry that he didn't just tell me, if he had a problem with my jokes and me laughing of them.
Great work, Durak.
I curse his kind every single day. It’s always the losers that are busy desensitizing the experience and suffering of my ancestors and real injustices of today. :mad:

Durek Verrett claims the royal couple were present when he was exposed to racism.
At podcast "Stavrum & Eikeland", Durek talks also about the gross allegations of racism that he believes he has been subjected to by Märtha Louise's friends. He believes that they didn't understand how he could make so much money. He tells about a dinner he and Märtha Louise had, where the king and queen are said to have been guests. According to Durek, he was subjected to gross racism from one of Märtha Louise's friends, who called her all the time and asked her to break up with him.
Guri Varpe, communications officer at the Royal Court, says that they don't want to comment on whether they know about the incident or whether the royal couple were present. We have no comments on the statements in Nettavisen's podcast, writes Varpe in an email.
Durek points out that he has not experienced racism from the Norwegian royal family.

So directly from Durrek
"- I have never experienced racism from Märtha's family. They have been absolutely fantastic, says Verrett."
but of course recollections can later change ;)

He also mentions the Danes
"He says that he also experienced racism when he and Princess Märtha Louise attended a royal wedding in Copenhagen. Not from the Danish royal family, but from one of the guests.
- They said my family was weak and told me about how their family was responsible for my ancestors' slavery, says Verrett in the podcast."

So directly from Durrek
"- I have never experienced racism from Märtha's family. They have been absolutely fantastic, says Verrett."
but of course recollections can later change ;)

He also mentions the Danes
"He says that he also experienced racism when he and Princess Märtha Louise attended a royal wedding in Copenhagen. Not from the Danish royal family, but from one of the guests.
- They said my family was weak and told me about how their family was responsible for my ancestors' slavery, says Verrett in the podcast."
When did he and ML attend a royal wedding in Denmark, though? The last royal wedding in Denmark was in 2008 unless he means Alexandra SWB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom