Princess Märtha Louise & Durek Verrett: News & Information 2019 - 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the camera crew follows them on the wedding day does that mean the King, Queen and Haakon and MM will feature? Surely that wouldn't be considered acceptable?

If the camera crew follows them on the wedding day does that mean the King, Queen and Haakon and MM will feature? Surely that wouldn't be considered acceptable?
In the USA anyone seen as participant in a TV show, and I believe same goes for You Tube, has to agree for his/her likeness to be on camera and with no blur. You see that in many reality shows like home or realtor shows where contractors or staff appear blurred in the background.

And in the USA, the rules go further than that. A person on TV with tattoos needs to get permission from the tattoo artist for his work to be on display, a homeowner with original art on the walls needs permission, too.
If not that when you see wall art being blurred out during editing, tattooed arms and T-shirts with logos being blurred out, etc.

So filming the royal family as participants in an event that might later on be used for Mr. Master of Reincarnations Durek on money making schemes is one big NO. You just don't put a camera on the king's face at a family event and edit him into your TV production.

Lets' see how this turns out when the Shaman finds out he just can't film people without their consent into a TV production.

Last edited:
In the USA anyone seen as participant in a TV show, and I believe same goes for You Tube, has to agree for his/her likeness to be on camera and with no blur. You see that in many reality shows like home or realtor shows where contractors or staff appear blurred in the background.

Can you direct me to a reference for that? (Just because a custom is standard practice in an industry does not always mean it is a legal requirement.) But in any case, as the wedding is taking place in Norway, I would assume it is Norwegian law on filming individuals at social events which would apply. As major royal events with numerous guests are frequently televised, I would assume it is not much of an issue.

I suppose that leaves the question - would the King & Queen give permission?
Let's hope for once the listen to advice of both people in charge of PR and any person in government that is at good terms with the royal couple and will try to protect their reputation over the three-rink Shaman and ML circus in the making.

Lets' see how this turns out when the Shaman finds out he just can't film people without their consent into a TV production.
He'd soon discover that most of the presumed royal and upper-class guests to his wedding would rather stay home than risk seeing themselves in gossip magazines and on reality shows. The first lesson you need to learn when you start mingling with the rich and famous is that discretion is A and O. You don't share images and you stay quiet.

Can you direct me to a reference for that? (Just because a custom is standard practice in an industry does not always mean it is a legal requirement.) But in any case, as the wedding is taking place in Norway, I would assume it is Norwegian law on filming individuals at social events which would apply. As major royal events with numerous guests are frequently televised, I would assume it is not much of an issue.

This is from 2016 on the rules to blur out things for TV that include a lawsuit on a NBC TV show, Heroes, that had the trademark of a garbage disposal (!!!) shown in one scene
https://www.howtogeek.com/243047/why-do-tv-shows-and-movies-cover-up-logos/

Re Tatoos on TV Tattoos: A Jury Rules Against Copyright Infringement
and Tattoo Artists vs. Actors – Who Owns the Copyright in a Tattoo? – DeGeorge Law LLC
In reference to ink art, because the tattoo artist created a work that, if seen on TV could be copied for profit by another artist, the creator has to authorize it and might show on the credits as a warning to anyone that would steal an original design.

Re the main question, not sure if same USA rules have equivalents in Norway.

Is it Illegal to Video Record Someone Without Their Consent?
"In general, it is illegal to record private audio of conversations between two individuals without the consent of one or both parties. When you’re in a private place the most important thing to understand is whether you are in a one-party, or all-party consent state..."

Let's hope Norway has equivalent laws in effect to protect the people that will attend the wedding in a few days from becoming reality TV stars without their consent. Which seems to me an on-going issue with ML and master of reincarnations Shaman, producing things for profit without checking the law first.

But that's also how he was incarcerated in the USA five times, Durek forgot to check the law says don't commit crimes...and he did, five times. He's what we call a repeat offender in more ways than one.

Last edited:
He'd soon discover that most of the presumed royal and upper-class guests to his wedding would rather stay home than risk seeing themselves in gossip magazines and on reality shows. The first lesson you need to learn when you start mingling with the rich and famous is that discretion is A and O. You don't share images, and you stay quiet.
When there's a royal wedding the official photographers have a pass, just like the press, but like in any private wedding I'm sure they have to ask 'do you want to take a picture/can I take a picture of you with this group/person(s)? first.

At this point I don't know if the wedding is a private event or a public one because of royalty attending. We'll have to wait and see

A camera team that has been following the couple for a few months? Are they also planning to release a "docuseries" on Netflix?
Yes, I believe that is the plan. Nikola Chapelle and Daniel Carter have both worked together on other productions for Netflix and Amazon Prime. When approached by media they do not respond but it seems clear that is the plan.

Mario-Max Schaumburg-Lippe praises Durek:
"The Kingdom of Norway, a land known for its breathtaking natural beauty and progressive society, has recently welcomed a unique and influential figure into its midst – Shaman Durek. This spiritual guide and healer, known for his charismatic personality, powerful presence, and profound wisdom, has captivated the hearts and minds of many Norwegians, offering a fresh perspective on life, spirituality, and personal growth. He and his fiancé Princess Maertha Louise of Norway are an admirable and beautiful power couple."
A lot more at the article.

Do we know which Royals planned to attend. As said the excellent JR76 the most will stay at home.

A Dutch reporter stated that Laurentien and Constantijn will attend. I suppose that is because of their well-known friendship and not any official confirmation by the court.

Laurentine is one of MLs daughters godmother.

I think it will be:
Benedikte’s daughter Alexandra (another godmother)
Alexia of Greece (another godmother)
And maybe Victoria and Dan for Sweden
Maybe some of the Bulgarians as they seem to hang out alot

Most I imagine will avoid

The American artist Margie Plus has revealed on Instagram story that she is among the guests at the upcoming princess wedding in Geiranger.
In social media, she says that she has more plans in Norway in the coming time.
- Then to the fjord for our dear Märtha Louise and Durek's wedding extravaganza, she writes.

Laurentine is one of MLs daughters godmother.

I think it will be:
Benedikte’s daughter Alexandra (another godmother)
Alexia of Greece (another godmother)
And maybe Victoria and Dan for Sweden
Maybe some of the Bulgarians as they seem to hang out alot

Most I imagine will avoid
It would be big if Victoria and Daniel attended the wedding, but I am not sure they will. Has there been any official confirmation from the Swedish Royal Court?

It would be big if Victoria and Daniel attended the wedding, but I am not sure they will. Has there been any official confirmation from the Swedish Royal Court?

No, Margareta Thorgren said to Svensk Damtidning that the court doesn't comment the royal family's participation in the wedding, because the wedding is a private event.
I would be suprised if Victoria and Daniel would attend the wedding, because Victoria began today her officer training and has from Monday to Thursday mainly lectures and own studies before Friday's seminar groups, where she must discuss the week's lectures with other cadets and hand in written assignments. She has significantly fewer work events now than usually. Plus that Daniel's mother has her 80th birthday on Thursday August 29 and it could be celebrated on the weekend.

TV 2 learns that invited guests have received new information about the dress code for the wedding day.
During the actual wedding at Vinjevollen on Saturday 31 August, guests are to be encouraged to wear bunads, inform sources for TV 2.
The dress code at the wedding party at the Hotel Union on the same evening will be "long dress".
Se og Hør wrote at the beginning of August that Durek is said to have purchased a hand-embroidered Norwegian national costume. Which bunad he has chosen to go for is currently not known.

Last edited:
There is a Spanish Royal Wedding the same day , the daughter of Princess Christina of Bourbon , so no spanish guests.

Ah yes I hadn't realised Victoria's officer training was kicking off in August - in that case I doubt she will have time to attend the wedding. The Swedish Royal Court has already prepared the ground for us not seeing much of Victoria.

Ah yes I hadn't realised Victoria's officer training was kicking off in August - in that case I doubt she will have time to attend the wedding. The Swedish Royal Court has already prepared the ground for us not seeing much of Victoria.
This information given isn't from the Swedish Royals but a referral to the Royal Couple's calender.

"TV 2 has previously reported that the Swedish royal couple will not attend the wedding of Princess Märtha Louise and Durek Verrett on 31 August.

Last edited:
The news about the bunads is nice to hear. It is a little surprising since the couple, especially Durek, have voiced very negative opinions about Norway and Norwegians in general during the course of their relationship, but hopefully it is a sign that his feelings have thawed and he is ready to reconcile with Norwegian society and culture.

Did Ari Behn ever own or wear a bunad?

The news about the bunads is nice to hear. It is a little surprising since the couple, especially Durek, have voiced very negative opinions about Norway and Norwegians in general during the course of their relationship, but hopefully it is a sign that his feelings have thawed and he is ready to reconcile with Norwegian society and culture.

Did Ari Behn ever own or wear a bunad?
Yes, Ari wore a bunad.
Pic
Pic

Given how controversial the Sham Man is in Norway will Norwegians be a little offended to see him wearing their national dress? Isn't it a form of cultural appropriation in some people's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom