Princess Delphine & Family, News & Events 2; 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Delphine's requests last year were indeed absurd and I was very critical of her letter to the Prime Minister (just see my previous posts in this thread). The problem there is that she clearly enjoys being at the centre of the attention, and doesn't seem to understand that she has, in many respects, a different position than her half-sibilings.
However, even at the time of this controversy, she attacked the government and those in charge of "royal protocol", but not specifically members of her family (see here). I can't comment on the comparison with Harry, as I don't follow the British Royal Family enough to have an opinion, but Delphine has always said, in several interviews since the end of the court case (2020), that she has a good relationship again with her father and at least some members of her family: while they don't see each other frequently, they get along well
As in this post I made a reference to "interviews" Delphine gave recently, I share here a rather long interview (I don't think it was posted before) of just a couple of weeks ago, to Paris Match Belgique:
La princesse Delphine se confie sur son art et sa relation avec son père : "Depuis 1999, j'ai pu évoluer à travers des situations difficiles"

Among other things, she presented her upcoming expo in Knokke, she talked about the controversy surrounding her letter to the Prime Minister (that's the part I'm most sceptical about-I guess we'll hear more about it), and about her relationship with her father.

As time goes by Laurent & Delphine's oddities are becoming noise in the background. Their problems obviously stemming from a very difficult childhood, parental neglect.
It's become clear to me how much the four royal "children" have taken their places in the limelight already. Last Sunday in Brussels, you could really feel the warmth of the public for the young generation. There's a great confidence in Elisabeth & Gabriel, with Emmanuel and Eléonore still being more unknown.

In this ‘family’ picture of Delphine & her family with the king, only her and partner appear happy. Albert just sits stiffly, with a serious face. Paola, well, I saw her smiling differently in the past, her eyes, IMO, are sad.

In this ‘family’ picture of Delphine & her family with the king, only her and partner appear happy. Albert just sits stiffly, with a serious face. Paola, well, I saw her smiling differently in the past, her eyes, IMO, are sad.

For some strange reason it seems like all four of Albert's children found loving, supportive partners who are quite family oriented and are as unproblematic as it goes.

And I say strange because it feels as if it is a huge stroke of luck that four kids who came up in very disfunctional situations all ended up finding out good people to marry and have kids with.

I don't think Paola's eyes are sad, but it's my impression, of course. In any case, she's not somebody who pretends to be happy just for the picture (quite the contrary), so I think that if she smiles, she's indeed at ease. The picture was taken at Belvédère, certainly on 9 June (see Paola's outfit, the same as for the elections): Delphine and her family were almost certainly there to wish Albert a happy birthday

For some strange reason it seems like all four of Albert's children found loving, supportive partners who are quite family oriented and are as unproblematic as it goes.

And I say strange because it feels as if it is a huge stroke of luck that four kids who came up in very disfunctional situations all ended up finding out good people to marry and have kids with.
I'm extremely glad they all seemed to have created for their children what they couldn't have for themselves

Back
Top Bottom