Princess Delphine & Family, News & Events 1; 2020 - 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not step siblings, they are half brother and sister. And I dont see that they need ot have much in common, they dont have to meet that often.. but they can tlak about their kids or what's on tv or whatever....

My mistake, on the steps. Thank you for correcting me.

Albert was a lovely little boy, too, but that smug look is the only thing that remains. :/

Oscar, we'll wait till he grows another foot and then see. If the Baudouin genes really kick in, then I hope his maman has plans for keeping all the suitors away. :cool:

The promise is there and there is always hope :D

She reminds me so much of Princess Elisabeth, too. The Saxe Coburgs are giving the Windsors a run for their money in the "strongest family genes" competition!

It's an easy tie, isn't it?

That much was obvious ;), but I think he really does have an eerie resemblance. Not just the hair, but also the shape of the face.

Princess Joséphine-Charlotte, Prince Baudouin and Prince Albert:
https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c9/33/0c/c9330c93bae70c07ed624187e5ccf0b6.jpg

Princes Baudouin and Albert:
https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/62/Baudouin_and_Albert.jpg

Delphine and her family, November 2019 in Brussels:
https://parismatch.be/app/uploads/2020/10/CF0I4342.jpg

Perhaps now I am searching for things, but genes are really strong in this family!

They all look basically the same, Oscar looks a lot like his cousin Aymeric, whom in turn looks like a younger clone of their great-uncle Baudouin.

Nicolas is the taller one, the blonder one, the one that looks more like Laurent/Albert, Aymeric is the one in front, who looks more like Baudouin, as seen here:

https://ibb.co/yPtSZVy
https://ibb.co/jMjQK5p

I see the ears, anyway. :) So who's in my picture? Because he's got the gestures. (I assume the boys are fraternal, while we're talking about clones? They still seem quite twinny regardless.)

I see the ears, anyway. :) So who's in my picture? Because he's got the gestures. (I assume the boys are fraternal, while we're talking about clones? They still seem quite twinny regardless.)

The one Claire is talking to is Aymeric, Nicolas is partially hidden by him in the pic.
Nicolas looks a LOT like his father: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EXVGme1U0AANjc1.jpg

Ah, so they did caption it wrong. All right, now we just wait for the inevitable giant family pictures with Delphine's kids. ?

I have always thought Delphine looked a lot like her paternal grandmother, it seems her daughter favors her too!

I wonder if we will see Princess Delphine attending the annual Family Mass for deceased members of the family going forward?

I wonder if we will see Princess Delphine attending the annual Family Mass for deceased members of the family going forward?

I was wondering the same thing. It would be nice at this point and I think medias are expecting her to be there. It will give us a perspective of the reactions of the rest of the family. If she attends I am quite sure Albert and Paola won't be there, and probably Astrid as well.

We have first the King's Feast on November 15th.
I am sure King Philippe and Delphine spoke about that.
Last year I was invited and I saw only King Albert Ii , Queen Paola and Prince Lorenz.

If she attends I am quite sure Albert and Paola won't be there, and probably Astrid as well.

Yes was thinking the same would make a mockery of attending a Family Mass and having a frosty atmosphere.

Last year I was invited and I saw only King Albert Ii , Queen Paola and Prince Lorenz.

The King usually doesn't attend La fete du roi, hence it could be awkward for her to attend it without Philippe being there. He is the one who acknowledged her officially within the family.

[Per Albert's stupid statement of the other day] Albert and Paola have officially said they're delighted, etc.

Which either means they are, or they don't get a say in what Delphine and her family go to and how they treat her.

[Per Albert's stupid statement of the other day] Albert and Paola have officially said they're delighted, etc.

Which either means they are, or they don't get a say in what Delphine and her family go to and how they treat her.

She's been accepted by PHilippe. if he want to invite her to a mass, its up to him but it would hardly be in the spirit of a religious service to do so if there was any tension. And she is a half sister, recnetly become part of the family. There's no need for her to start attneding dozens of royal functions.

Personally I would be surprised if Delphine did attend the mass as she did not personally know any of the deceased.

The Princess Delphine & Family, General News & Events Thread; 2020 -

Personally I would be surprised if Delphine did attend the mass as she did not personally know any of the deceased.

I’m not sure she even knows or agrees with the inside of a church’s purpose going by what she has said in numerous interviews about the religiosity of the family, never mind their faith.

I’m not sure she even knows or agrees with the inside of a church’s purpose going by what she has said in numerous interviews about the religiosity of the family, never mind their faith.

This is something I did not consider before. I think you're right. But that Mass it is not just a religious ceremony, it is an act of celebration of the family history in a way, isn't it? It would be a way to connect with her ancestors. But I am sure, if Philippe wishes to introduce Princess Delphine to the Belgian people in a more formal way, he will find the best one possible.
Another option may be the Christmas concert, with her family in attendance as well.
No matter what the solution will be, there will be lights and shadows: someone may attend and ostensibly throw a tantrum, someone else may avoid showing up ... same old, same old.

Last edited:
Define more formal. Tiara?

She's already been introduced. It's not exactly My Fair Lady.

It's also Delphine's choice to accept whatever invitations she gets, or not. Hopefully we'll see her whole family when the right event happens.

Define more formal. Tiara?

She's already been introduced. It's not exactly My Fair Lady.

It's also Delphine's choice to accept whatever invitations she gets, or not. Hopefully we'll see her whole family when the right event happens.

No, not a tiara event. Just an official situation, an event where the royals meet their subjects, them being received at the palace for a concert (not sure the event can still be hold this year given the pandemic) or a crowd outside a church.
I saw the meeting more as power game from Philippe's part as Head of the family, like "no matter what we think, this is the way things are, let's try to make the best out of this mess of a situation". Of course he was speaking to the entire nation, acknowledging and introducing his sister, but medias and common people I am sure are eager to see Delphine in an official situation interacting with her new family.

No, not a tiara event. Just an official situation, an event where the royals meet their subjects, them being received at the palace for a concert (not sure the event can still be hold this year given the pandemic) or a crowd outside a church.
I saw the meeting more as power game from Philippe's part as Head of the family, like "no matter what we think, this is the way things are, let's try to make the best out of this mess of a situation". Of course he was speaking to the entire nation, acknowledging and introducing his sister, but medias and common people I am sure are eager to see Delphine in an official situation interacting with her new family.

I dont really see why. She may get on well with the rest of the siblings, or she may not. She may go to a few formal events, but I dont see the need for her to become a working royal.. the Belgian RF has enough workers and she' has her own children to look to and her own work to do. She has now been acknowledged as a member of the family and a princess, after the hurt of her father's behavior and I should think that there is no need for any big public events. I hope that she and Philippe have had a nice meeting and mabye they'll become friends and she may become friends with other members of the family but that's thier private business

Power game involving Philippe --> his parents, perhaps, but I think he and Delphine were sincerely eager to meet for the first time in their lives and felt it worthwhile, and that was reflected in their joint communiqué. Otherwise they could have met completely privately.

It is getting late in the year for outdoor events; maybe there will be something properly-spaced at Christmas or for New Year's. The timing would seem right.

Last edited:

Its protocal that the reigning monarch and his wife not attend the event. It is seen as inappropriate that the monarch be seen celebrating himself.

Its unlikely that Delphine would attend an event that Philippe will not be at. As he is the one to be extending invitations to her. And Albert and Paola are most likely to be at the event as well.

I also doubt we would see her at the service for the late family members. A combination of her own religious feelings, the fact she doesn't know any of those they are celebrating, and others who will be in attendance there.

Christmas concert seems likely the best option to introduce her to events.

She isn't likely at all to be a working royal, even part time. I'd think we'd see her just at the odd event like Christmas. Hopefully her kids as well.

I dont really see why. She may get on well with the rest of the siblings, or she may not. She may go to a few formal events, but I dont see the need for her to become a working royal.. the Belgian RF has enough workers and she' has her own children to look to and her own work to do. She has now been acknowledged as a member of the family and a princess, after the hurt of her father's behavior and I should think that there is no need for any big public events. I hope that she and Philippe have had a nice meeting and mabye they'll become friends and she may become friends with other members of the family but that's thier private business

I never meant Delphine shoud become a working royal. She doesn't want to, anyway. But even non working member of the family can attend family occasions like a Christmas Concert or the Mass of the deceased members of the family.

And I am sure Philippe is a decent man and he is simply trying to act accordingly, unlike his father. Of course in the end, meeting Delphine has proved to be a successful move for his image as a king, but it wasn't just that for him. But the fact that Albert' statement followed, tell a great deal about the impact that what he has done has had on his parents, at least (Albert's words being damage control or not).

Its protocal that the reigning monarch and his wife not attend the event. It is seen as inappropriate that the monarch be seen celebrating himself.

Its unlikely that Delphine would attend an event that Philippe will not be at. As he is the one to be extending invitations to her. And Albert and Paola are most likely to be at the event as well.

I also doubt we would see her at the service for the late family members. A combination of her own religious feelings, the fact she doesn't know any of those they are celebrating, and others who will be in attendance there.

Christmas concert seems likely the best option to introduce her to events.

She isn't likely at all to be a working royal, even part time. I'd think we'd see her just at the odd event like Christmas. Hopefully her kids as well.

I agree. If she makes a public appearance with the family, it will probably be at the Christmas concert.

I don't expect to see her children there though. Astrid's and Laurent's children don't normally attend the concert, do they? If so, there is no reason for Delphine's children to attend either.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would (or will) be very awkward the first time King Albert will be at the same place as his daughter after all these years of fighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom