Princess Catharina-Amalia, Princess of Orange, Fashion & Style Part 1: December 2021- June 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Princess Amalia during a dinner of the Council of State in Noordeinde Palace tonight wearing Mac Duggal gown

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cif9SrZj--e/?hl=el
Wow! What a beauty!

The Princess rarely has her hair pulled back and this is a nice treat.

She has the size and the stature to carry such a blingy dress.

I hope she took a formal full length photo in this dress to be released later.

Amalia looks so nice like that (even though she's sitting down and behind a table marker). Silver is a good color for her, although that dress seems to me to cry for some kind of necklace (even though she's got pretty spectacular earrings on).

I have not seen pictures of the earrings, are you able to post some? Thx

amalia looks fantastic. I like her hair!.
She also has such a sweet smile. Very nice dress for her!

Wow! What a beauty!

The Princess rarely has her hair pulled back and this is a nice treat.

She has the size and the stature to carry such a blingy dress.

I hope she took a formal full length photo in this dress to be released later.

She looks beautiful!

The dress on it s own is not too bad, but combined with the loose hair, the hat (borrowed from Máxima?) and the order it gets a bit messy.

Edit: according to modekoninginmaxima it is the same turban that Máxima wore at the wedding of William and Catherine. The Princess also added diamond stars to it, like her mother did. It feels a bit too matronly for an 18 y/o.

Last edited:
Low cut covered by her loose and untidy hair...I refrain from further commenting.

I'm disappointed with Amalia's debut at Prinsjesdag. The color of the dress is fine, but the design is way too boring with that "unnecessary" cleavage. I don't mind the hair, though, but I agree that an updoo would certainly enhance the whole look.

Why did her stylist opt for an updo the long dangly hair does the look no favours!

I think the gown is okay, it's loose but her hair still looks tidy to me, but I think she shall sweep her hair behind her shoulders. I hope she won't wear messy hair like her mother in future.

How wonderful to be 18 years old, with a pretty face, lovely complexion, excellent teeth, a loving family and a secure future!

She has decades ahead of wearing her hair in tight, austere fashion. And a modest amount of décolletage is certainly acceptable. Let a girl be a girl!

How wonderful to be 18 years old, with a pretty face, lovely complexion, excellent teeth, a loving family and a secure future!

She has decades ahead of wearing her hair in tight, austere fashion. And a modest amount of décolletage is certainly acceptable. Let a girl be a girl!

OK,a very valid point made!

The gown looks ok but i think more then an evening gown as a gowon for a formal Event. Somehow i wished the dutch royals ladies would gowns similar to the one the danish royal ladies wear for the New Years Courts at Christiansborg, for Prinsjedsgag.

My problem with the overall look is that she has a fuller figure, and there's a way to accentuate curves while still looking put together and appropriate for the occasion. The dress is too low-cut for a formal daytime event. If she was going to an evening function, it would be fine.

Also, that hair is a disaster. You can wear your hair down, but still have it look neat. She needed to run a brush or something through it before they left the palace.

Its okay, but the dress, hat, and hair could be improved on. The Princess is a lovely young lady. She needs the right person to help her dress for events.

Prinsjesdag is not a formal event. It's semi-formal and it's daytime semi-formal and that makes things weird.

If you look at the photos of Amalia entering university, her "normal" hair is rather straight and looks pretty different than her Prinsjesdag event hair, so I'm reasonably sure it has been carefully styled with "careless waves" and someone has "run a brush through it".

If her mother were not known for messy hair, I doubt people would be piling on Amalia, who is already rather careful and particular with her appearance.

Prinsjesdag is not a formal event. It's semi-formal and it's daytime semi-formal and that makes things weird.

If you look at the photos of Amalia entering university, her "normal" hair is rather straight and looks pretty different than her Prinsjesdag event hair, so I'm reasonably sure it has been carefully styled with "careless waves" and someone has "run a brush through it".

If her mother were not known for messy hair, I doubt people would be piling on Amalia, who is already rather careful and particular with her appearance.

Agreed. I actually think she looks really nice here

Not very bad! And compared to her mother and her aunt today the best by far.

Not very bad! And compared to her mother and her aunt today the best by far.

Plus,plus next year we have Alexia attending as well...a real Royal fashion show...

The dress costs 86 British pounds (!) and is from ASOS own brand:

ladongas said:

Point taken :flowers:.

Last edited:
The dress costs 86 British pounds (!) and is from ASOS own brand

86 quid dress; family jewelry worth much, much more than that. Yep, I think my theory she planned an outfit around the latter is confirmed. :cool:

Not bad, Amalia!

I would have preferred a dress in a heavier fabric but I think overall it's a good, and promising, start to her Pday looks.

I like the colour and the fit. And I lovethe fact that she chose a dress of only 86 pound. Especially because the economic situation in our country....

I'd say well done for a first Prinsjesdag attendance. Both appropriate and youthful.

My problem with the overall look is that she has a fuller figure, and there's a way to accentuate curves while still looking put together and appropriate for the occasion. The dress is too low-cut for a formal daytime event. If she was going to an evening function, it would be fine.

Also, that hair is a disaster. You can wear your hair down, but still have it look neat. She needed to run a brush or something through it before they left the palace.

Anything else wrong with princess Amalia appearance??

Anything else wrong with princess Amalia appearance??

Honestly, kind of amazing to me that people can find that much to pick apart about the appearance of an 18 year old girl. Stuff like saying she has a “fuller figure” may be more diplomatic than calling her fat, but it‘s still body-shaming. We’ve all read about how hard that has been on other royals, like Crown Princess Victoria. We’d all be wise not to repeat that history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom