Prince Louis and Princess Tessy to Divorce: January 18, 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I really don't follow this couple much at all but reading through this thread, one saying pops into my mind and that is "having her cake and eat it too". She doesn't want to be married to the man anymore but she wants to retain everything that goes along with him.

She want's to be a Princess in her own right without having to be married to Louis anymore.

Tessy's name has now been removed from the official homepage of the Luxembourg's family.

It was still there some days ago, though with a dead link. Coincidence ?

Most of Tessy's bio and links were removed in July. The Cour missed the one in the birthday list and that's been fixed now.

Her children don't have the surname de Luxembourg though. They are Prince of Nassau so why should she get a different surname to her children? IMO she wants something to ensure she isn't forgotten.
I thought I read a few posts back that she wants to be called Tessy de Nassau

Apparently according to one source she has asked to be known as Tessy de Luxembourg, de Nassau would make much more sense IMO

Perhaps it is Louis who wants the marriage ended?

Because she filed doesn't mean she wanted the divorce. Sometimes that is a legal strategy to file first.

LaRae

Interesting jousting taking place, and there does seem to be some tension (what with the accusations, he is not happy, etc.). :sad: Money and house are one thing. If she wants the name for business reasons, it's understandable, but to get the name in a very public and possibly messy way will be counter-productive for business. JMO.

:previous:
A good point. Sometimes retaining a name after a bitter divorce can be counterproductive. We'll find out soon enough what Tessy will be allowed to do.
Helene Vestur lost her title after her divorce as we all know and by 2012 House Law Tessy should lose her title, but there are so many twists and turns, who can predict?

Tessy knew how to make Louis nervous and he lost his calm before the Court.

Or maybe this is an example of his unreasonable behaviour....

Yes, if he can’t/doesn’t keep his composure in a courtroom setting, what must he have been like at home?

I believe he was simply defending his family honor.

Tessy and/or her lawyer suggested that reason behind Privat and some Luxembourgers strong opinion on Tessy nowadays is the result of manipulation from Louis and his parents. The fact that he simply said "that is not true" not to judge, not to his lawyers, but to Tessy speaks volumes to me.

From what I heard he loves her and his "unreasonable behavior" was simply desire to be a family and spend more time together. she wanted out and save the world.

From what I heard he loves her and his "unreasonable behavior" was simply desire to be a family and spend more time together. she wanted out and save the world.

Different priorities is often what makes couples end their relationships.

It looked to me during the last years, that Tessy had a very good relationship with the grand duke and duchess. That is why I believe that they offered Tessy a good settlement but that wasn't enough for her. Or, maybe something has happened behind the scenes, and the grand duke and duchess decided that the settlement offered to Tessy was much smaller what Tessy had hoped.

:previous: Thanks! There's a summary at RoyalDish forum that looks correct, page 62 in their Louis and Tessy section by a Luxembourg user. Hopefully Luxarazzi will translate the interview. I wonder if the GDF will reconsider future projects with RTL and Deborah Ceccacci. They produced the documentary on the GDF last year but also gave Tessy this interview.

I would expect Louis and Tessy to be financially independent by now. They graduated from university, have jobs with presumably good salaries, and the consensus seems to be the London home is either completely paid off or at least mostly paid off. The parents/in-laws shouldn't help forever. If Louis and Tessy can't maintain their London life without help, then they need to find better jobs, downsize, or move.

Wouldn't the judge look at the couple's salaries, savings, investments, house, etc? Perhaps Louis’ trust fund is under negotiation.

Thanks! There's a summary at RoyalDish forum that looks correct, page 62 in their Louis and Tessy section by a Luxembourg user.

I have heard tales of 'RoyalDish'. :sad: Does not sound like a site one would willingly engage. Pretty toxic, I understand.

Can you give a summary of the summary, Prisma? :flowers:

Interesting drama unfolding. If it is true that he still loves her and his 'unreasonable behavior' is that he wants more family time, well....interesting. I've watched the video and I find it very puzzling. Why did she do it? She does come across as very pleasant but something is not adding up.

Watching the video I wondered if she has someone in the wings waiting for the right timing to emerge and become her openly significant other. Just a thought. (P.S. I never trust anyone who can cry on cue when on camera, and not an actor in a part. Never have. She's very sure of herself. It's all interesting). :cool:

Last edited:
I believe he was simply defending his family honor.

Tessy and/or her lawyer suggested that reason behind Privat and some Luxembourgers strong opinion on Tessy nowadays is the result of manipulation from Louis and his parents. The fact that he simply said "that is not true" not to judge, not to his lawyers, but to Tessy speaks volumes to me.

Remember, the judge admonished both Louis and Tessy to behave like adults in the court room so it wasn't all Louis acting up, Tessy must have acted up also. It goes to show that however much both have grown since their marriage 12 yr. ago, both were still prone to immature flare ups. It must have been bad if it draws admonishment from the presiding judge.

I have friends in Luxembourg where I lived myself several years without speaking their language
They are speaking about : Soldat Anthony !

Watching the video I wondered if she has someone in the wings waiting for the right timing to emerge and become her openly significant other. Just a thought. (P.S. I never trust anyone who can cry on cue when on camera, and not an actor in a part. Never have. She's very sure of herself. It's all interesting). :cool:

You might be closer to truth than you think :whistling:

Who's 'they', and who's Soldat Anthony? :huh:

I assume 'they' are maria-olivia's friends, and 'soldat Antony' most likely refers to Tessy as she was a soldier (soldat means soldier) and Antony is her maiden name.

I assume 'they' are maria-olivia's friends, and 'soldat Antony' most likely refers to Tessy as she was a soldier (soldat means soldier) and Antony is her maiden name.

Thank you! :flowers:

I have heard tales of 'RoyalDish'. :sad: Does not sound like a site one would willingly engage. Pretty toxic, I understand.

Can you give a summary of the summary, Prisma? :flowers:

Interesting drama unfolding. If it is true that he still loves her and his 'unreasonable behavior' is that he wants more family time, well....interesting. I've watched the video and I find it very puzzling. Why did she do it? She does come across as very pleasant but something is not adding up.

Yea… I only visited RoyalDish to find any translation of Tessy's documentary.

Until a better translation comes out, here's a summary of RoyalDish's translation:
  • Tessy talks about life in London, work, taking care of kids and home, etc. Enjoys international life in London, diversity, food, etc.
  • She's the only woman in DS-48's senior management.
  • Practices her speech for the "He for She" gala event. She was invited to the event as a Princess of Luxembourg, a title she holds until the divorce is finalized. Such events matter to her.
  • Tessy acknowledges the title opens doors and she uses the opportunity to do good deeds, to help. “We’re privileged and have to use this privilege to do good”
  • Talks about her time in army; she felt protected but not fully accepted as a woman.
  • Borrows jewels for the gala.
  • Praises her parents on how they raised her. Not easy being a public person. Louis helped her a lot.
  • About the divorce: it's difficult, you do your best but when it's over, you have to accept it and stay a team for the kids. They separated long before the announcement. 18 months now separated. Tries to live normal life during divorce turmoil.
  • Gabriel and Noah identify as Luxembourgers.
  • Meeting with her ex-professor Caroline (international law at Richmond University) and co-founder of Professors without Borders. Tessy is godmother to Caroline's baby.
  • Early birthday celebration at restaurant.
The poster found the journalist Deborah Ceccacci sugary, who also did the interview around 2016 national day, which she also felt was sugary. Another poster pointed out the jeweler, restaurant, and address given to the cab driver are all expensive places.

The documentary appears to be done in mid-October, it includes photos of the recent divorce headlines. The "He for She" charity gala was on October 14.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom