Prince Harry and Meghan Markle, Current Events 1: November 2017 - May 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the pony was snappy. I wouldn’t touch it either. A nice look will do. Harry was close to being bitten.

It's also come close to biting Her Majesty on a couple of times the last few years too. Not to forget the little snack it had of the Queen's bouquet of flowers last Summer.

That pony’s got a nasty reputation that I'm sure Harry has heard about & I don't blame Meghan for being leery around it one bit!!

:previous: That was the first thing I thought of when seeing Harry and Meghan with Cruachan IV. This irascible three year old pony has quite the reputation and has already been told off firmly by HM, The Queen.

Harry and Meghan were probably forewarned about this flower eating member of the Scottish regiment beforehand. Harry couldn't resist teasing him though. Alpha male meets alpha pony. Alpha woman played it smart and stood away at a safe distance. :D

Queen tells off a naughty Shetland pony at Stirling Castle | Daily Mail Online

Meghan shared a special moment with @SocialBite_ co-founder @AliceThommo, who admitted she had been deeply inspired by her 2015 @UN_Women speech. Clearly touched (and a little emotional), Meghan embraced her in a hug.

Very sweet. I saw Meghan hug her twice.

Now this had to be soemthing that made Harry burst with pride. Meghan is just starting off her career as a working member of his family and already she's met up with someone that admires Meghan for something she did before she even met Harry. This is the kind of difference that Meghan makes and its probably on top of the list of why Harry fell in love with her so hard and so fast.

It warms my heart that someone was inspired by Meghan, herself, and not just because she's marrying Harry. Those two are going to form a really formidable team, I think. :D

Have any of you actually been around horses before? That Shetland pony wasn't biting, it was merely looking for snacks or wanting to touch Harry's hand. They're horses, not humans. They use their lips and hairs around the mouth to look for food and discover their surroundings. You can't be around my horse with decent clothes on, because he will get his mouth on you to lick and nibble.

I have..grew up riding, working with trainers and showing. I agree the pony thought Harry was offering treats not actively trying to take a bite...his body language would of been different if it was ill intent. The granddaughter started riding 2 years or so ago, mostly ponies...fixing to get her first one.

Same thing with the Queen..she got too close with the florals (the bouquet eating incident)...horses will also take advantage of that if you aren't careful!

LaRae

I don't think Meghan was afraid. While she's ridden horses, I don't think her love for horses quite equates to the level of her love for dogs, which is fine. There is certainly a lot of room between that and she's afraid of it. :lol: She seemed happy to see the pony.

Thanks much, Dman, for posting that video!

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that no matter where Harry and Meghan go, they seem to become magnets for a kid that doesn't seem to want to leave their side. The one kid in this video seemed to feel that he needed to be a permanently attached part of the Harry and Meghan entourage during the visit.

Now that is what I call having magnetism. :D

Is it just me or has anyone else noticed that no matter where Harry and Meghan go, they seem to become magnets for a kid that doesn't seem to want to leave their side. The one kid in this video seemed to feel that he needed to be a permanently attached part of the Harry and Meghan entourage during the visit.

Oh yeah! The kids are in love with Harry and Meghan indeed.

Great video, thanks Dman! Harry has Diana's charisma/charm. William does also but he's more reserved. You get a different sense of it with Harry. Meghan has charm too and together they are very appealing.

LaRae

Haha! I have noticed that. In Cardiff it was that little girl who wouldn't leave Meghan for a second and now this young boy. It's pretty adorable.

I also laughed at Meghan poking fun at Harry clearly wanting some of her coffee.

Great to see Meghan and Harry in Edinburgh today - loved Meghan's comment about wanting to work in the cafe!

I'm less concerned about the dirt than the danger of her catching a heel in pants that are too long.
A friend of mine did that and broke her ankle.
I think she's been doing a lot of "walking" etc. and maybe is a little trimmer than she was.

I think she's been doing a lot of "walking" etc. and maybe is a little trimmer than she was.

I was thinking that too - that she's lost a tiny bit of weight and thus the pants are hanging lower.

Do royals have those people who dress them? Valets? On The Crown, HMQ and HRH Prince Phillip do, but somehow I doubt the younger royals do... does Charles?

If Meghan had a valet - wouldn't they be able to do quick tailoring jobs like hems, etc.?

It's funny how that is such a luxury, but for working royals in the spotlight, I can understand the need for it.

Charles has had a valet ...but IIRC I've never heard of the boys having one. Either way they have the means to get alterations done pretty quick ..and Meghan would too.

Just a miscalculation on her part perhaps? Maybe she's had them and not tried them on in awhile.

LaRae

Charles has had a valet ...but IIRC I've never heard of the boys having one. Either way they have the means to get alterations done pretty quick ..and Meghan would too.

Just a miscalculation on her part perhaps? Maybe she's had them and not tried them on in awhile.

LaRae

William has an orderly - looks after his clothes, esp his uniforms. Also acts as driver (notably when George was born)

Then it must have been doubly terrific for Meghan to have someone in the crowd in Edinburgh tell her she was inspired by her address at the UN. Pre-Harry and she was not an international name for any reason at that time and an ordinary Scotswoman told her she inspired her. Its one thing being feted as Prince Harry's fiance and quite another to be told she is an inspiration in her own right. :flowers:

William has an orderly - looks after his clothes, esp his uniforms. Also acts as driver (notably when George was born)

Hmmmm doesn't sound like the type to be able to quickly hem some pants, :lol:

Then it must have been doubly terrific for Meghan to have someone in the crowd in Edinburgh tell her she was inspired by her address at the UN. Pre-Harry and she was not an international name for any reason at that time and an ordinary Scotswoman told her she inspired her. Its one thing being feted as Prince Harry's fiance and quite another to be told she is an inspiration in her own right. :flowers:

That was a lovely moment. I think it was the owner of the cafe though - who said that? But still that was wonderful. Like we all said, Meghan was very accomplished in her own right.

Last edited by a moderator:

H&M definitely have a way with kids but in this case the kid...I believe his name was Ben...was permanently attached because he was one of their guides for the event. He was responsible for moving them between the student groups.

The discussion about William being Harry’s best man has been moved to the Wedding thread.

If you wish to continue the discussion about Meghan’s clothes, take it to the fashion thread.

Great visit. Really enjoyed catching up on the videos and photos when I got home. Thanks to everyone for sharing :flowers:

Smiled at Meghan's comment about the café.

My favorite was the pony. I would have been right in there wanting to pet the pony. I love riding, and tacked a horse enough, having my hands near a mouth never bothered me. But that pony seems to have had a taste for prince flesh, poor Harry almost got nipped more then once. Meghan was smart to keep back.

Great engagement again. A huge crowd despite the lousy weather.

The Daily Mail actually has a positive article about Meghan. They interviewed Alice Thompson one of the co-founders of Social Bite and she gave more context on what prompted yesterday's hug. I'm still hopeful that at some point gender equality will become a pillar of the Royal Foundation. In the meantime, it's good to see Meghan's reputation as a feminist being highlighted in her interactions with the public.

Charity worker tells of moment Meghan Markle hugged her | Daily Mail Online

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom