Prince Gustav, Princess Carina of Berleburg and Family, Current Events 3, June 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Bad Berleburg, Mr. Ralf Beke-Bramkamp, the spokesperson for Their Serene Highnesses Prince Gustav and Princess Carina of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, announced that Her Serene Highness Princess Mafalda of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg will be Baptized on Saturday, August 31, 2024, in the private chapel at Schloss Berleburg.

Gustav and Carina attended the 50th birthday party of Helle Reedtz-Thott at Gavnø Castle today, August 24.
Carina is one of the godmothers of Helle Reedtz-Thott's daughter Eloise.
King Frederik and Queen Mary attended the party as well:

And an additional picture of just the family from the DRF Instagram:

Yes, BB has an article on that :

One of the godfathers, Gustav's cousin Philipp of Hesse, is also a grandson of Princess Mafalda of Savoy, who died in Buchenwald almost exacly 80 years ago- 28 August 1944

Thank you. The godparents are reported to be Princess Marie of Denmark, Prince Philipp of Hesse, Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, the self-styled Prince Philippos of Greece, and Baroness Helle Reedtz-Thott.

It is nice that while Gustav's career is managing his paternal family's inheritance, and he is understandably more German and less Danish than his siblings, the choice of his children's godparents reflect that he is a member of the Danish royal family, though not the Danish royal house.

They also asked two German royals as godparents, so nice mix of family members and other royals and nobility. Many royals in reigning families have fewer titled godparents.

Why such a happy announcement has devolved into the rehashing of events is beyond me.

There have been far too many rehashings of debunked allegations and misinformation about certain legal issues in the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg family (especially about the last will of Gustav's grandfather) and in German society.

My view is that the disinformation is harmful, especially when it has resulted in two people (Gustav's grandfather and Gustav's second cousin) being labeled as racists, by people around the world, because of false claims.

However, I sympathize with those who want to keep the current events thread centered on current events, not past history. Therefore I have opened a Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg Estate and Family Issues thread for information and discussion about the assorted legal and historical issues involving the Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg estate and family. It is my hope that the new thread can reduce the rehashing of the same tired claims, but also provide a space where those who are new to the discussion may ask questions and contribute.

For general discussions about German law, such as the German laws on surrogacy, the below seems to be the most appropriate existing thread on this forum:

Wonderful photos! Little Mafalda is absolutely precious. So happy for them that after so long they have the family they always dreamed of! Nothing but happiness smd blessing to them!

Lovely photos of a very happy family occasion… How glad i am that Gustav and Carina finally have the family they both wanted 😍

Lovely photos of a very happy family occasion… How glad i am that Gustav and Carina finally have the family they both wanted 😍
Indeed :wub:. Surrogacy is not without its ethical issues, but in this case, it’s such an uplifting outcome for two people who, whatever you may think about their situation, are the beneficiaries of the wonders of modern science.

I wondered the same about Benedikte and Gustav's sisters. Last year they, their children, and one of Gustav's Wittgenstein aunts were in all the pictures.

Are these not the most adorable little wee ones ever!! I'm smitten over the whole family. Well done Gustav and Carina. :flowers:

Thank you. The godparents are reported to be Princess Marie of Denmark, Prince Philipp of Hesse, Hereditary Princess Kelly of Saxe-Coburg and Gotha, the self-styled Prince Philippos of Greece, and Baroness Helle Reedtz-Thott.

I omitted the sixth godparent, Hereditary Prince Christian-Kraft of Hohenlohe-Oehringen (who the article says did not attend the christening).

Was Princess Benedikte present at the Christening?

Back
Top Bottom