Netflix Docu-Series of the Duke and Duchess of Sussex (2022)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just don't understand the revisionist history that the Sussex's are peddling.
They DID NOT want to leave as working members of The Royal Family -Firm. They wanted to be "part-time" Members, as I understand it. The famous half in - half out proposal they thought the Queen, Advisors and Family would accept.

They wanted to keep the Patronages they both had been given, and especially Harry's cherished Military Titles and Associations. And The Commonwealth Ambassadors Roles.

From these teary and bitter Video Clips, it seems that the truth behind them leaving has been obliterated. Simply gone.
Harry didn't leave to protect his Family, He, left because The Sussex's proposal to be a part time Working Royals with the ability to have commercial ventures independent of Royal Family oversight was denied.

I just don't understand the revisionist history that the Sussex's are peddling.
They DID NOT want to leave as working members of The Royal Family -Firm. They wanted to be "part-time" Members, as I understand it. The famous half in - half out proposal they thought the Queen, Advisors and Family would accept.

They wanted to keep the Patronages they both had been given, and especially Harry's cherished Military Titles and Associations. And The Commonwealth Ambassadors Roles.

From these teary and bitter Video Clips, it seems that the truth behind them leaving has been obliterated. Simply gone.
Harry didn't leave to protect his Family, He, left because The Sussex's proposal to be a part time Working Royals with the ability to have commercial ventures independent of Royal Family oversight was denied. [/FONT]

The big clue I missed at the start, that a problem was building up, was when Queen Elizabeth made them cease and desist using the Ducal title into businesses deals and websites already in progress before they quit The Firm. That was the clue Harry and Meghan's life was going in another direction that did not involve the Queen's Firm.

Remember the H&M company(ies) name and web registrations changed around before the Oprah interview. The very same interview that became the cornerstone to this Netfilx series, the Award for standing up against institutionalized racism tomorrow, Dec 6th, the book SPARE in January.

I'm now just missing a movie deal or a theater play and the circle of life in Hollywood will be completed. :cool:

Last edited:
Well they're 3 sides to this story. Sussexes, the Palaces, and the actual truth.

I do think that by January 2023 Prince Joachim's children won't be the only royals with new titles!

I think The Sussexes will (and rightfully so) will be demoted to Mr and Mrs. Mountbatten-Windsor.

They cannot get away with this damaging smear campaign.

The King cannot take away the dukedom, it is for parliament to do, and they would never do that except in cases of serious crime or treason

Denville, just a FYI about The Titles. That *might* be changing.
A Labour politician from York put forth a bill this past June called "The Removal of Titles Bill", It appears that People in York supposedly wanted York's assocation with Prince Andrew broken. It was brought before the House of Commons the and it comes up funny enough again this week. It gives the Monarch the Power to remove Titles on their own OR following a recommendation by joint committee of Parliament.

I don't know what the outcome will be or how long these things take to work thru Parliament.

I mean are the grievances, allegations and supposed "truth bomb" grenades from the American based Duke and Duchess of Sussex ever going to cease against The Windsors, The British Press and The British People ?

Why should they keep The Titles that they use as a marketing and monetizing ploy ? Soley. They dont work-live in OR represent the UK or Sussex in any way, shape or form.
That's the question someone needs to ask. They obviously hate The Family and The Institution of The Monarchy.
So personally I hope this Bill passes.

The King cannot take away the dukedom, it is for parliament to do, and they would never do that except in cases of serious crime or treason

Indeed. The Duke of Windsor was chummy with Hitler and yet retained his title.

A Labour politician from York put forth a bill this past June called "The Removal of Titles Bill", It appears that People in York supposedly wanted York's assocation with Prince Andrew broken. It was brought before the House of Commons the and it comes up funny enough again this week. It gives the Monarch the Power to remove Titles on their own OR following a recommendation by joint committee of Parliament.

I don't know what the outcome will be or how long these things take to work thru Parliament.

I mean are the grievances, allegations and supposed "truth bomb" grenades from the American based Duke and Duchess of Sussex ever going to cease against The Windsors, The British Press and The British People ?

Why should they keep The Titles that they use as a marketing and monetizing ploy ? Soley. They dont work-live in OR represent the UK or Sussex in any way, shape or form.
That's the question someone needs to ask. They obviously hate The Family and The Institution of The Monarchy.
So personally I hope this Bill passes.

If the titles should be removed he will revert to Prince Henry and Meghan would be Princess Henry.
Which might just suit them.
They are bordering on bringing the family into disrepute, especially if there are proven inaccuracies.
But I wouldn’t like to say where that leads. Because I do not know.
It might need to be a mutual agreement that they become mr and mrs Windsor with no rights in the succession.
I think they would want something in return for that move.

Having just watched the second trailer, all I can say is that I can’t wait to get this over with. It’s all the same old stuff with the drama turned up, but really it’s Oprah Interview 2.0- the six hour extended cut.

It makes me sad, because I always kind of hoped that one day, Prince Harry would work through his anger and heal his family relationships so his children could know their cousins and enjoy their heritage. That’s very clearly not going to happen for a long time, if ever.

Hard to imagine a path back to a public life in Britain for him after these air.

In the United Kingdom, the government pretty much controls the legislative agenda in Parliament, which is a consequence of the fact that the Prime Minister happens to be also the leader of the majority party in the House of Commons. So-called "Private Member Bills" like this one rarely get enacted into law, unless the government gives its backing to them, although there are notable exceptions (for example, the UK abortion law was originally a Private Member's Bill in which the government, at least formally, allowed a free vote of its MPs).

I am not following the progress of the Removal of Titles Bill, but I think we cannot automatically assume that it will become law. Another bill, introduced this time in the House of Lords, to allow female succession to exusting peerages subject to family consent never made it into law for example.

Maybe after the docu-series and Spare, the government might consider throwing its support behind the York MP's bill though.

Last edited:
Having just watched the second trailer, all I can say is that I can’t wait to get this over with. It’s all the same old stuff with the drama turned up, but really it’s Oprah Interview 2.0- the six hour extended cut.

It makes me sad, because I always kind of hoped that one day, Prince Harry would work through his anger and heal his family relationships so his children could know their cousins and enjoy their heritage. That’s very clearly not going to happen for a long time, if ever.

Hard to imagine a path back to a public life in Britain for him after these air.

I also believe that after this the path back to public life in the UK is impossible.
It is sad that they do this a few months after the Queen's death, it is a lack of respect and consideration.
I'm sorry they didn't resolve everything privately. I hope King Charles III and the Prince of Wales ignore all this (at least publicly), it's just that these Sussex stories are not worth wasting time on.

I also believe that after this the path back to public life in the UK is impossible.

Which is why I don't know how to react to the reports that the couple want to concentrate on rebuilding bridges and reconciliation once this show and the book are done.

Are they really that clueless about how people feel? Do they honestly think, they can release this show, wait a few weeks, then phone all their relatives in the UK, and say 'hey, now that's done, can we start talking and being besties again?'

The audacity and lack of awareness is astonishing.

I haven’t seen it yet. But apparently trailer 2 is full of mocking comments just like the first by people who have. No surprise really. Complaining 3 years after leaving - AND after Oprah and the litany of complaints that followed BEGGED for a bad response.

There’s limited sympathy out there for entitled, rich people who can’t stop complaining. Or can’t find a way to make money that doesn’t involve harping on the past.

I question whether these 2 can be taken seriously anywhere. Not just that any public future in the UK is probably closed for Harry.

If they want to be D level celebs in the US- this is great way to get there. If Harry hasn’t figured it out- he’s not in the UK anymore.

Last edited:
Hallo girl, excellent point about Prince Henry and Princess Henry.
What ammo that would give uber feminist Meghan to have her own name identity erased into being an appendage of her husband. Should the Titles be taken away.
Just as Princess Michael of Kent is not known as her given name, as Princess Marie Christine.
I think that once the Harry and Meghan Reality Show ends and The Book comes out next month, the continuing Circus around them attacking The Family and The UK will have to be addressed.

There is no way back now for The Sussex's. They want to be Americans as they find The UK toxic and according to Harry, very dangerous. So do something about The Ducal AND Princely Titles. Whatever is necessary to have Harry and Meghan to be NOW known as Harry and Meghan Mountbatten Windsor.

I find it rather funny that Harry doesn't mention that sometime the stories were leaked and spun to protect him and his reputation. I suppose when the 'dirty work' is done in your favor it is permissible.

Also he fails to tell you that Meghan is not the first that this has happened to - we all saw it happen to Diana, Sarah, Andrew, Anne, Mark, Edward and Sophie. Of course the palace was releasing or leading journalists to stories for some or other reason. But the deed is racist. Was it racist then? Was it underhanded then when it was done to these people? Of course not - Henry Wales was benefitting from it then - odd how your perspective changes.

I’ve said it once before on this thread, but wow: this couple really did have a fly-on-the-wall Netflix crew in their home, in their vehicles, following them through their engagements. People have been saying this for over a year and, frankly, I classed them with people who say Elvis is alive. How they could ever be invited anywhere or trusted again…

You have hit the nail on the head with the trust issue.
I am not sure if anybody will want to do business with them.
Meghan has already started to distance herself from the project , so is she now going to blame Netflix when there is criticism.

It explains why they seemed so isolated at the Queen’s funeral and why no one seemed to get near them if they could avoid it. Knowing anything you say could end up included in a reality show would be horrifying for members of the royal family.

For all Harry’s privacy matters so much to him, he doesn’t seem to care much at all about that of his family members or the effect this could have on them.

What ammo that would give uber feminist Meghan to have her own name identity erased into being an appendage of her husband. Should the Titles be taken away.
Just as Princess Michael of Kent is not known as her given name, as Princess Marie Christine.
I think that once the Harry and Meghan Reality Show ends and The Book comes out next month, the continuing Circus around them attacking The Family and The UK will have to be addressed.

There is no way back now for The Sussex's. They want to be Americans as they find The UK toxic and according to Harry, very dangerous. So do something about The Ducal AND Princely Titles. Whatever is necessary to have Harry and Meghan to be NOW known as Harry and Meghan Mountbatten Windsor.

I am American and I am not interested in Harry getting US citizenship. We have enough wackos!

Oh I believe that every British newspaper and tabloid will scrutinize the series to make sure that the Oprah interview back drop of non-British publications' headlines is not repeated.

They are already on to it! There is a shot of them with Archie at Archbishop Tutu’s which implies intrusion and apparently there wasn’t. Every frame is going to be scrutinised and well, they have form for portraying their “truth”. if I was the Sussexes, I would have made it bulletproof so it didn’t distract from whatever gripe/score they are trying to settle.

I am an American too, suztav. Completely understand, LOL !
The Man Without A Country, (great movie) wonder if Harry is familiar with that. Burning, heck blowing up ALL bridges to his homeland. A mere 5 years ago the most popular Royal after The Queen.

Poor Harry is so unaware of so much it seems, blinded by bitterness. Never thinking down the line, of consequences. Dangerously impetuous and impulsive. As I think will be shown in the docu-series.

When his Book "Spare" Title was released, I laughed to myself on a few levels. One of which was this, had Harry and Meghan second child been another son, that child WOULD have been "spare" to the future Duke of Sussex......first born Archie.

I am an American too, suztav. Completely understand, LOL !
The Man Without A Country, (great movie) wonder if Harry is familiar with that. Burning, heck blowing up ALL bridges to his homeland. A mere 5 years ago the most popular Royal after The Queen.

Poor Harry is so unaware of so much it seems, blinded by bitterness. Never thinking down the line, of consequences. Dangerously impetuous and impulsive. As I think will be shown in the docu-series.

When his Book "Spare" Title was released, I laughed to myself on a few levels. One of which was this, had Harry and Meghan second child been another son, that child WOULD have been "spare" to the future Duke of Sussex......first born Archie.

Sadly, he has the same impulsiveness and vulnerability as his mother. You would think he would be a bit more cautious rather than just leaping ahead blindly— or being led by the nose!

But isn’t there a way to prioritize certain things at the beginning of the process? At the start, when Harry and Meghan were negotiating the terms of the contract with Netflix could they not have set certain conditions re: what they would and would not talk about, how contentious (or not) the content and advertising would be re: the Royal Family, etc? I’m thinking of all the similar series I’ve watched with various celebrities as well as things like big covers and print interviews for Vogue/Vanity Fair and the like, and it’s all obviously very packaged. If the subject did something stupid they talk about it, but it’s done in a way that calms things down and makes them look better, while still getting good ratings/clicks for whatever entity they’re dealing with.

Harry and Meghan aren’t A list celebrities but they would have had some bargaining power and could have used it to set conditions about the content and tone of the series. But based on the trailers it seems they left things wide open, I assume to get as much money as possible.
Yes they could have put boundaries and limitations but it would limit their payday and I think that they were willing to put it all out in order to command higher paychecks.

The Netflix and Spotify deals were announced in 2020, IIRC Netflix in September 2020 and Spotify in December 2020. Harry's book deal was announced in July 2021. Definitely in 2020, I think that Harry and Meghan were probably desperate to find a means of supporting themselves and were likely angry at "the institution", in particular that they were allegedly financially cut off, or at least not provided the funding level that they felt they needed and was their due, and also not protected by the institution, so and why shouldn't they get the biggest payday that they could and why should they protect the institution?

I am not saying that I agree with them, but I think that this was the mindset of Harry and Meghan when these deals were being negotiated.

It is interesting to me how the Sussexes always talk about THEIR truth. There is only one truth and if there were many and each person was allowed to put that forward, I am sure that every criminal would be insisting their truth - that they are innocent - would be the norm. The Queen's 'recollections may vary' comment is very telling.

It seems to be a rehash of the Oprah interview. As mentioned up thread – the extended version! We have one observer/commentator/historian (?) saying there was a “war” against MM & another saying “it’s about race”. So nothing new there.

There is definitely a law of diminishing returns at play. None of it surprises or shocks anymore. Same old, same old. In fact it all sounds rather dull & predictable. For now at least.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the PofW addressed any comments about Diana he was unhappy with head on.

I just don't understand any of this, and their way of doing things. What do they hope to gain? The downfall of the Royal Family? I honestly don't think that will happen, for now anyway.
I don't think anyone in the UK, and probably in Europe, takes them seriously anymore? I'm really interested to hear how this is viewed in North America?

If he returns to the UK after all these three items are over with, the Award ceremony tomorrow, the Netflix multi-part (why???) series and his book, he needs to have a chat with the new family boss face to face. King Charles seems to be extremely forgiving of his antics. And I hope Charles also have a talk with Meghan herself, on their own. The family reunion for Christmas would have been a great moment for everyone to gather in private and make an effort to resolve the issues they bring up. But a resolution is an agreement between two parties. H&M need make an effort on their own so everyone can move forward.

Last edited:
It seems to be a rehash of the Oprah interview. As mentioned up thread – the extended version! We have one observer/commentator/historian (?) saying there was a “war” against MM & another saying “it’s about race”. So nothing new there.

It may be a rehash of the Oprah interview, but this time it will be enhanced by the lens of an Oscar-nominated director, the artistic black-and-white pictures, the soundtrack, in summary what American TV/movies excel at. So I expect a stronger emotional impact on the general public.

Last edited:

If they find the Royal Family and the hierarchy so toxic, Harry should willingly renounce his title and put it into abeyance. But we all know that won't happen, nor will they give up trying to get their children Prince and Princess titles. Those very titles are due to the hierarchy. How pretentious can they be!!!!!!!

It may be a rehash of the Oprah interview, but this time it will be enhanced by the lens of an Oscar-nominated director, the artistic black-and-white pictures, the soundtracl, in summary what American TV/movies excel at. So I expect a stronger emotional impact on the general public.

You may well be right but the British are a fairly cynical bunch so maybe not so much here. But as you have mentioned before the primary audience is the US not the UK.

It will be consumed there as entertainment but here it will just irritate a lot of people.

Last edited:
I still can get past this Netflix series on Harry and Meghan is a six-part show. Like how much dialogue with the couple can be used to fill out six hours?

Last edited:
It is interesting to me how the Sussexes always talk about THEIR truth. There is only one truth and if there were many and each person was allowed to put that forward, I am sure that every criminal would be insisting their truth - that they are innocent - would be the norm. The Queen's 'recollections may vary' comment is very telling.

I so agree with you. There is only THE truth! I am so tired of people telling THEIR truth. The only thing that is not the one and only truth is a whole lie.

My thoughts on it all so far:

-big sigh

-here we go again, definitely Oprah v2

-like all films/series the most "thrilling" bits are always released in the trailer so I don't think we'll get anything too shocking that requires anyone to sit and watch all 6 episodes

-their narrative is getting boring now, we know members of the RF work with the press - Meghan was proven by a judge to have done just that with the author Finding Freedom

-they escaped the RF because of the oppression, the stress they say - but they also said they wanted to be part time royals who were able to earn their own money on the side. That hardly seems the way forward if it is all so oppressive.

-they are effectively trolling the RF and their advisors with these mini clips. Clearly no regard for other people's mental health or wellbeing - they are doing what they complain others have done to them. There is no Michelle Obama "when they go low, we go high" moment here. It's just about going as low for as much cash as possible.

-they are making things worse for themselves - we know now why no one in the RF seems eager to speak to them or communicate with them, which in turn is isolating them even more and making them more angry and upset. Clearly only the late Queen felt in a powerful enough position with Harry (Emotionally as much as actual power) that he wouldn't use her in the series (well let's wait and see)

-honestly I feel they risk alienating even more of the public, they've had their own on Oprah, with the Brady interview and Finding Freedom - they need to move on now.We've had covid, a war in Europe and now recessions and financial hardship around the world, the number of people who have time to feel sorry for them in their multi million pound California mansion is, I suspect, pretty low.People don't want to see 6 episodes of them comparing themselves to the Wales and their coverage in the media or how Diana was affected by the press.

-they are also already being called out for editorial decisions - using still pictures from generic images, the times before Meghan was with Harry, other people etc all do personal damage to their credibility and that of their brand

-to be honest it is all starting to look a bit nasty and a bit personal and very unnecessary now. Do something of value and worth with your life and with the enormous opportunities you have been given.

-I agree - the truth is the truth. People have feelings not individual truths.

-It is already looking anything less than full of revelations - "there's a hierarchy within the Royal Family", no really?! You aren't all treated the same? Shocking. Go and speak to your untitled elder cousins Harry, the ones who didn't have taxpayer funded wedding, house renovation or office and see how they've still made something of themselves.

- I listened to a radio news station all the way home this evening and there wasn't one mention of their latest "clip". I think people are tiring of it, especially as its just becoming the norm for these two.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom