Meghan Markle's Wedding Dress

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh I noticed the bracelet right away. First thought through my mind was wondering if it was a gift from her father-in-law. :D

That was my first thought too...doesn't Charles favor Cartier?

LaRae

The dress is so boring, there is nothing special in it, nothing of person Meghan in it. And the veil is absolutely way too long, although it is beautiful. It never looks good when the veil is longer than the train.

I have to agree with you Lady Finn, the gown is boring, I know that Meghan loves the minimalist look, yet this over did it I think. For a wedding in this historic church something more is needed here. As for the veil, I love the idea and how it was created yet the design of the flowers of the commonwealth barely showed up, they almost disappeared into the fabric itself. Just a bit disappointed in her wedding attire.

Absolutely loved the dress and the whole look. The veil could have been a little shorter but the embroidered flowers and the page boys holding it added interest. Nothing like duchesse silk satin for the new duchess. Only quibble was the hair hanging down. Loved loved the choice of Tiara and simple earrings and diamond bracelet. The simplicity of the gown let the tiara shine. Reminded me most of mettle marits dress and a bit of cp victorias

Anything else would have clashed with the tiara I think that and the veil were the major things she wanted to take center stage. Too much dress would have looked out of place in the chapel. I love the grandness of the chapel and it's decor .

A bigger bouquet might also have been hard for the little flower girl to hold when Meghan handed it to her.

Yes ok the only serious criticism I have is I thought her flowers were too small ..needed a bigger bouquet IMO.

LaRae

I agree, but I loved that Harry picked flowers from their garden to include in it.

Ah, I called the symbolism yesterday. How beautiful to have it worked into the veil. The gown was perfection. Loved the bateau neck and the fit on Meghan.

Absolutely loved the dress and the whole look. The veil could have been a little shorter but the embroidered flowers and the page boys holding it added interest. Nothing like duchesse silk satin for the new duchess. Only quibble was the hair hanging down. Loved loved the choice of Tiara and simple earrings and diamond bracelet. The simplicity of the gown let the tiara shine. Reminded me most of mettle marits dress and a bit of cp victorias

Agree with everything you said, except for the length of the veil. It had to incorporate every commonwealth flower in the edging, and it had to be visible, otherwise what would be the point? Everything IMO was 100% Meghan. The hair.....it was the only flaw in an otherwise ethereal, elegant and sophisticated look.

I was disappointed that the gown was so simple. But the tailoring was fantastic. The fit was flattering.
The overall look grew on me as I watched the ceremony.
The tiara was beautiful. I much preferred this to the Duchess of Cambridge’s wedding tiara.
I was glad she had her hair up, but the bits on the sides kind of made it look like a shabby job.

Agree with everything you said, except for the length of the veil. It had to incorporate every commonwealth flower in the edging, and it had to be visible, otherwise what would be the point? Everything IMO was 100% Meghan. The hair.....it was the only flaw in an otherwise ethereal, elegant and sophisticated look.

You have changed my mind. Also, I read from the royal info that the embroiders had to wash their hands every thirty minutes as they made the flowers, wow

Yes could be but the designer should have been on hand and this wasn’t a dress to make a mistake with !

I sort of expected Meghans dress to be a showstopper after her underwhelming choices in her engagements but after Ralph and Russo etc names started doing rounds , hoped for something good . Like others said here , this dress doesn’t feature anywhere near the top 10 .

But anyway good luck to the couple . Harry is besotted !

Loved her makeup and her freckles showing! But the dress had a weird fit, especially around the arms and the waist. The latter could have been more defined, she looked boxy. I also found it too white, which is not my favorite for wedding dresses, and lacking in details. Maybe I need better photos of it.

Media said wedding dress 125.000 euros , this seems not possible !

I have to say - well played Ms. Markle. The dress reminds me on the 30ies dresses - simple but with a wonderful silhouette - the tiara and veil were a perfect match. I really like this impeccable classic gown on her - nothing else would have made her shine so much. If at all - i would have wished for bigger earrings.... but i LOVE the tiara....

So what I think...

The whole look was classical, romantic and timeless. It suited Meghan style and was well fitted.

Although I perfer Catherine' wedding dress (because it suits my taste in dresses), I didn't dislike Meghan's dress. It had simplicity yes but not plain because sometimes less is more, and this was the case. Well done Meghan.

Loved her veil, it was very pretty. But I share the same dislike for her hairstyle (it became messy) and small bouquet that I had for Catherine's. Where is the regal and big bouquets of the new generation?

The make-up was lovely.

Overall lovely! And I'm glad to be able to see it on tv.

Last edited by a moderator:
Loved the dress, loved the veil, the tiara, all of it. Perfection.

Keep in mind we are seeing the dress via TV. It may have an entirely different affect up close & in person. The dress reflected her style. That is what matters.

Ok so I was able to watch a little bit during my break and a few pics but I was kinda bored by the dress. Craftmanship aside, considering it's gorgeously tailored and structured, it's also a snoozefest, I'm sorry.

Classic, but not something I will remember. The veil and tiara were the highlight.

The pictures of her entering the wedding seemed so simple beautiful and sort of medieval aesthetic. I think the rumors about Ralph and russo had people expecting something more glittery.

OK OK OK the more I am looking at the Videos and the pics, the more I like the dress. I have to admit, the first sight of the dress was a kind of - eh, that´s all????
But this has slightly changed since. It clearly lets her striking personality (and her tiara) shine...
Although I am still not yet 100% there.... it is a good choice
BYe Bine

Media said wedding dress 125.000 euros , this seems not possible !

If the veil is hand embroidered perhaps it is possible. It will be lots of hours of work. Queen Maxima's Valentino gown + veil costed around 100.000 euros in 2002, so it seems comparable. I believe that it was claimed that the costs of the dress of the Duchess of Cambridge was estimated between $203,000 - $338,000. But perhaps the British royals will receive a substantial discount, it is namely great publicity for the designer.

Meghan's dress reminded me of Maxima's wedding gown though with a lighter weight fabric. I was not surprised that it reflected the bride's minimalist fashion sense. Perhaps there are some details that are not really visible on camera.

The veil was my favorite part of her wedding ensemble and I would love to see a close up of the embroidery work on the hem.

Lovely to see that one of the older tiaras was selected for today. If this is going to be her "go to tiara" it is an excellent choice IMHO.

Lots of interesting comments, which I agree with. During the car journey my initial reaction was that this is going to be far too simple and plain, but that moment she waked up the step so St George's Chapel and the veil billowed out to it's full length the whole perception changed for me.

There was definitely a 1930's feel about the dress as some mentioned - it kind of reminded me of Princess Marina's wedding gown a little.

I found a link to an article about silk cady for anyone interest - apparently it is similar to some kinds of crepe material:

Investigating a Mystery Luxury Fabric - Threads

I watched the wedding, and I was glad to see I sort of called it on the Givenchy House dress. Somebody else here put out a post that it was rumored it was a Givenchy Meghan had chosen. I repeated it. Glad I did.

And whoever you are (I forget your name, head stylist at Givenchy), everlasting glory to you for that dress.

Almost sublime.

Oh I noticed the bracelet right away. First thought through my mind was wondering if it was a gift from her father-in-law. :D

It was Cartier.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meghan's dress reminds me of the one Princess Angela of Liechtenstein wore.

Meghan's dress reminded me of Maxima's wedding gown though with a lighter weight fabric. I was not surprised that it reflected the bride's minimalist fashion sense. Perhaps there are some details that are not really visible on camera.

The veil was my favorite part of her wedding ensemble and I would love to see a close up of the embroidery work on the hem.

Lovely to see that one of the older tiaras was selected for today. If this is going to be her "go to tiara" it is an excellent choice IMHO.

my thoughts exactly! reminds me Maxima in a simple way.. and she use a bracelet just like Maxima too.. i think is perfect and really suits her style.

During the car journey my initial reaction was that this is going to be far too simple and plain, but that moment she waked up the step so St George's Chapel and the veil billowed out to it's full length the whole perception changed for me.

Exactly same feelings. At first I thought the gown is meh but the tiara seems to be a stunning piece but then I find the whole look is perfect.

A simply ravishing summation of her style.. unfussy, elegant and with VERY thoughtful and significant detail.

SO pleased the ghastly OTT R&R were avoided..

I think I said just a few days ago that if Meghan were to go for a simple gown then she would have to send a statement with the veil and tiara and boy, did she! Absolutely love the tiara and the veil and the dress is exactly what it needed to be...timeless, simple elegance! I am more than pleased! Harry looked to be as well. :D

The dress was absolute perfection! It had such "Impact"

It literally took my breath away. The structure, the veil and the fit coupled with the lighting in the church and outside? Sublime.

My second favorite dress of all time.

Back
Top Bottom