Meghan Markle: Wedding Dress Suggestions and Musings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one will know until she steps out of the carriage at the Chapel and KP releases the designer.

LaRae

I don't know who at KP does it...or if it's just a press release by whoever does those things.

LaRae

The designer is not known to officials until the moment the bride arrives at the chapel. There is no official announcing it. It may just be a timed e-mail or message sent to news outlet that cannot be accessed until the exact time she exits the car for the church. It was the same for Catherine. No one knew who the designer was officially until she exited the car with her father to enter WA.

Who is the official announcer who mentions the designer?

They usually time releases to the press on the day. So, with Kate, the press knew in time for her to exit the car, who the designer was. But I don't think we were told as she got into the car for the drive over. It came out somewhere in between (am I recalling that correctly?)

They do a good job of it, actually! And given their usual behavior, I bet they will be tweeting it? JMO

They usually time releases to the press on the day. So, with Kate, the press knew in time for her to exit the car, who the designer was. But I don't think we were told as she got into the car for the drive over. It came out somewhere in between (am I recalling that correctly?)

They do a good job of it, actually! And given their usual behavior, I bet they will be tweeting it? JMO

You are indeed correct.

Clarence house announced the designer on the morning of the wedding. It was made known prior to the wedding, Clarence house would be updating via twitter. Media outlets would have kept an eye on there.

https://abcnews.go.com/Internationa...te-middleton-prince-william/story?id=12545471

Of course now a days the Cambridges and Harry have their own office at Kensington. In 2011 they were based out of Charles' office at Clarence.

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ry-royal-wedding-dress-revealed-joel-and-sons

The lengths of silk were spotted at the London premises of Joel & Sons Fabrics, which holds the royal warrant as “supplier of fabrics” to Her Majesty the Queen.

And they were labelled “Ralph & Russo” – the designers the bookmakers have made favourite to be behind Meghan’s reputed £100,000 bridal gown....

....“We believe these rolls of silk may have been bought to do the dress because one of the owners of Joel & Sons told us that designers tend to purchase fabric from them when it is for a specific reason, as opposed to when creating a collection.”

Hmmm... a pretty traditional bridal fabric if true. Fun fact - CP Mary's wedding dress was also made of ivory silk duchess satin - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VKjsHS6xZ...s1600/CrownPrincessMaryWeddingDressFront2.jpg

The R&R speculation is so exciting. That's a gown I really want to see.

That's just for a movie (post from the end of page 83)...or what the designer would make for her....this is nothing to do with Meghan's wedding.

LaRae

https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...ry-royal-wedding-dress-revealed-joel-and-sons

Hmmm... a pretty traditional bridal fabric if true. Fun fact - CP Mary's wedding dress was also made of ivory silk duchess satin - http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VKjsHS6xZ...s1600/CrownPrincessMaryWeddingDressFront2.jpg

Come on.....this has nothing to do with Meghan's wedding. The time frames aren't even right.

LaRae

Last edited by a moderator:

The woman who 'saw the rolls' claims she saw them a few weeks ago. If they really were labeled Ralph and Russo, they weren't for Meghan. There is no way the dress wasn't already made, a few weeks ago. Even after the actual dress is made, it can take weeks of fittings. The 'rolls of silk' will have been turned into a dress long before these customers were in the shop.

If the dress was still rolls of silk and needing to be made and fitted and embroidered and anything else still, a few weeks ago, Meghan will be wishing for a fairy godmother.

You don't have to bow out of the thread...just the media is full of made up stuff and speculation.

We have more fun here just posting dresses we'd like to see her wearing.

LaRae

I still think the speculation is fun... I'm actually hoping R&R are her designers... but I don't think the silk on the table tagged for them have anything to do with Meghan's dress. R&R could be doing someone else's dress.

I'm really hoping for a beautiful beaded fantasy from Meghan - not too over the top - but absolutely regal, dramatic and breathtakingly beautiful.

Only 6 more days!!!

@Pranter - Sorry...was just posting whatever little I could find. I'll bow out of this thread.

Please don't bow out - I enjoy the speculation... even if I agree the ivory rolls aren't for Meghan's dress.

I really hope Ralph & Russo are her designers.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm leery at the idea of R&R doing her dress just based on some of their other dresses.

LaRae

I'm leery at the idea of R&R doing her dress just based on some of their other dresses.

LaRae

I think they'd exercise restraint - one of my favorite gowns of theirs is a high-low white gown with blue and pink florals handpainted on the bodice and skirt and then embellished with the most delicate embroidery and hand beading I've ever seen.

Such a work of art.

Elie Saab's haute couture gowns are often over the top, but his bridal collection is much more toned down and restrained.

I think R&R would do a great job... and Meghan clearly likes them.

I was not a fan of her engagement dress overall. The top part was okay...but I didn't care for the skirt or overall look.

Honestly I don't think I've seen a R&R dress I've liked.

I do like some of Saab's wedding dresses.

LaRae

https://us.hellomagazine.com/fashion/12018050926858/ralph-russo-couture-wedding-dress-photos/6

If these examples are 'anything to go by', [and presumably they are] R&R don't do subtle/restrained or elegant..They do OTT, and excessively over-ornamented frocks for the Nouveaux-Riches..
NOTHING about their work appeals to me, and I hope they don't play ANY part in next Saturday's celebration..

These are their runway collection showstoppers. Runway is more over the top than what designers would typically design for clients. Showstoppers even more so. But I have to say, while the dresses are over the top, their detail is still magnificent.

Last edited:
I like Elie Saab and R&R. So I'll be happy if one of those designers are making her wedding dress. I also like Marchesa (many of my fav gowns are from Marchesa) but because of the scandal, I doubt it would be choosen, pity. Versace and Prada have stunning gowns from time to time.

For other acessories, I would pick Michael Kors, I love Michael Kors shoes and watches (though I know many people would pick Christian Louboutin for shoes instead).

I hope she doesn't pick Chanel or Gucci. I know these are top brands and famous, but I don't know how celebrities like them so much. Chanel has so many horrid styles, and Gucci has terrible prints and patterns and sometimes over-the-top colours on their clothes. So please, don't...

Last edited:
I like Elie Saab and R&R. So I'll be happy if one of those designers are making her wedding dress. I also like Marchesa (many of my fav gowns are from Marchesa) but because of the scandal, I doubt it would be choosen, pity. Versace and Prada have stunning gowns from time to time.

For other acessories, I would pick Michael Kors, I love Michael Kors shoes and watches (though I know many people would pick Christian Louboutin for shoes instead).

I hope she doesn't pick Chanel or Gucci. I know these are top brands and famous, but I don't know how celebrities like them so much. Chanel has so many horrid styles, and Gucci has terrible prints and patterns and sometimes over-the-top colours on their clothes. So please, don't...
I think we can cross off any brands that are not UK business.

NOPE, Nope, nope. No Michael Kors. If anything, I believe her shoes will actually be Jimmy Choos for the ceremony and Aquazurra for the reception. Also, it depends on what you pick for Chanel. To me, Chanel is timeless and classic.

I will actually keep my opinions of Gucci to myself, even though I have a vintage bag that was passed down to me from my favourite aunt that is a very understated Gucci that I use every summer.

I agree the designer will be a Brit or Commonwealth company.

She wears other shoe brands besides the Choos....it seems to be more often than Choos, will be interesting to see what she does have on!

LaRae

These are their runway collection showstoppers. Runway is more over the top than what designers would typically design for clients. Showstoppers even more so. But I have to say, while the dresses are over the top, their detail is still magnificent.

Thank you for pointing this out. What a designer puts on the runway isn't what they produce in everyday life. Isn't the point of their runway work to show their talent and get attention?
I think names like Gucci, Chanel, and Louboutin have just become names to me and don't produce anything impressive. Then again maybe I'm just too middle class to look seriously at something so expensive. I wonder if Victoria Beckham can design a wedding dress.

Last edited:
I don't really care for the R&R runway showstoppers, although the artistry and detail is impressive. The gowns look as though they are swallowing the models, not a good thing in my book

For a lot of the other designers mentioned, if you do a search you seem to be able to find real brides who had custom dresses made by that designer. Has anyone posted any "real life" examples of R&R brides? Those gowns I would love to see, and I haven't been able to find any examples in my searches.

Agreed, the runway looks are not 'ready to wear'. Though there are some brides who choose to go with the 'runway look' as they want to make a statement.

The only real life bride examples of RR I could find (they seem popular with young Russian brides with money)

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/fashion/news/a48903/irene-kogan-russian-wedding-dress/

Russian oil tycoon Ilkhom Shokirova's daughter marries in lavish ceremony including 10ft cake | Daily Mail Online

And non Russians

http://onobello.com/orobosa-igbined...e-ralph-russo-gown-for-wedding-to-umar-mantu/

Last edited:
Agreed, the runway looks are not 'ready to wear'. Though there are some brides who choose to go with the 'runway look' as they want to make a statement.

The only real life bride examples of RR I could find (they seem popular with young Russian brides with money)

https://www.cosmopolitan.com/uk/fashion/news/a48903/irene-kogan-russian-wedding-dress/

Russian oil tycoon Ilkhom Shokirova's daughter marries in lavish ceremony including 10ft cake | Daily Mail Online

And non Russians

Orobosa Igbinedion Stuns in a Bespoke Ralph & Russo Gown for Wedding to Umar Mantu - OnoBello.com

Oh, that last one is gorgeous. I love the bottom of the dress more that I do the top, but it's still gorgeous.

Styles can be modified to suit each bride, but my goodness, the craftsmanship.:w00t:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom