Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm sorry , I firmly believe in "innocent until proven guilty" , in this case however Marius has already PUBLICALY admitted his guilt on the initial charges . Ok the Norwegian system is not one I am familiar with , but Marius is obviously a danger not only to himself , but others . Previous therapy has not worked because he "did not take it seriously " . As I understand it , his lawyer is famed for defending "gangsters" , we are all entitled to good legal representation regardless of the charges . No problem there , prince andrew is now spending his time as a grandfather , and riding around Windsor , good lawyers , deep pockets . In the case of Marius, I simply do not understand , why is he happily travelling around , Italy , hunting lodges etc , not a care in the world , popping out to buy new furniture . Is it not only the NRF , but his father who are supporting him financially ? Why is a grown man of 27 , an admitted abuser of at least one woman , taker of hard drug's since his 20's , a serious , serious drinker , a dangerous driver , known associate of criminals , not at least in a secure therapy clinic ?

Yikes, what a complete and utter disaster. Although I will say, this Marius mess has led me to joining TheRoyalForum! So there's that.

Welcome DukeofWashington.
Yikes, what a complete and utter disaster. Although I will say, this Marius mess has led me to joining TheRoyalForum! So there's that.

Here is the new member thread if you're interested.

In regard to the speculations about the Crown Prince Couple's parenting (my view is that while some speculations are reasonable, it is impossible to draw any definitive conclusions):

It is perhaps pertinent to recall that Crown Princess Mette-Marit in her 2017 open letter to the media stated that she had held Marius to different (stricter) standards of behavior than his younger siblings. Thus, those who have concluded that her parenting of Marius was lax should be even more concerned on that account in regards to Ingrid and Magnus, whom she has on her own account parented more permissively than Marius.

"The role [of Marius] has also proved difficult to interpret for people around us in private. Ever since he was tiny. Everything from parents who have come with concerns and well-intentioned advice to teachers who have always had different expectations of Marius for his behavior than of others.
And I'm no better myself. As a mother I often have expectations of Marius for his behavior that are unrealistic, and different than what I would have had of his siblings."

As for Crown Prince Haakon, he spoke in his 50th birthday book about feeling self-conscious about journalists witnessing rather ordinary events in his parenting of Marius, so it seems doubtful that his parenting style was unorthodox or that he is unaware of normal expectations (and for his sake, one hopes he has developed a thicker skin since then).

"Once Marius was three years old, we permanently moved in together. Suddenly Mette had to go do something [?], and there were he and I. He was three and started acting up somewhere. I became uncertain, people stared and probably thought: "That boy doesn't want to be with the crown prince!" But I loved being with Marius."
"I remember an Easter in Sikkilsdalen. We had taken part in the traditional Easter race at Setra. Mette had gone back to the cabin, I was outside with Marius, then he became acutely tired and very unhappy. He laid down and did not want to leave - while the journalists stood filming and taking pictures. Okay, what would the experts do? Well, I solved it my way: "If you come home now, you'll get lots of candy." The journalists heard that. Not my proudest moment."​

In regard to the speculations about the Crown Prince Couple's parenting (my view is that while some speculations are reasonable, it is impossible to draw any definitive conclusions):

It is perhaps pertinent to recall that Crown Princess Mette-Marit in her 2017 open letter to the media stated that she had held Marius to different (stricter) standards of behavior than his younger siblings. Thus, those who have concluded that her parenting of Marius was lax should be even more concerned on that account in regards to Ingrid and Magnus, whom she has on her own account parented more permissively than Marius.

"The role [of Marius] has also proved difficult to interpret for people around us in private. Ever since he was tiny. Everything from parents who have come with concerns and well-intentioned advice to teachers who have always had different expectations of Marius for his behavior than of others.​
And I'm no better myself. As a mother I often have expectations of Marius for his behavior that are unrealistic, and different than what I would have had of his siblings."​
As for Crown Prince Haakon, he spoke in his 50th birthday book about feeling self-conscious about journalists witnessing rather ordinary events in his parenting of Marius, so it seems doubtful that his parenting style was unorthodox or that he is unaware of normal expectations (and for his sake, one hopes he has developed a thicker skin since then).​
"Once Marius was three years old, we permanently moved in together. Suddenly Mette had to go do something [?], and there were he and I. He was three and started acting up somewhere. I became uncertain, people stared and probably thought: "That boy doesn't want to be with the crown prince!" But I loved being with Marius."​
"I remember an Easter in Sikkilsdalen. We had taken part in the traditional Easter race at Setra. Mette had gone back to the cabin, I was outside with Marius, then he became acutely tired and very unhappy. He laid down and did not want to leave - while the journalists stood filming and taking pictures. Okay, what would the experts do? Well, I solved it my way: "If you come home now, you'll get lots of candy." The journalists heard that. Not my proudest moment."​

I'm sorry , but "stricter standards " , Marius has been allowed to host convicted criminals at Skaagum , allowed to take illegal drugs , brushed off the attempted selling of silverware , and frankly IMO the attempted murder of a member of the Norwegian armed forces charged with protecting the NRF . If these are the "stricter standards ", MM has held Marius to , well God help the NRF and Norway . To correct myself , MM did not actually say stricter . just different . It's only Marius , thus far ,who has become a drug / alcohol / gangster / abuser under her and the NRF,s loving care . God help Norway to keep her other children from following their " fun , inspirational brother .

That letter has come back to bite her as it reads to me more like she was just trying to throw them off Marius’ scent. Haakon 🤣 - that was probably too much reality for a Friday night…how old was he anyway?

Nothing is conclusive at all, and the issues are a lot more understandable than the way they were handled then and now. I’m really flabbergasted by the dereliction of responsibility and duty here.

Well, they sure have a bigger problem now!

Everybody, even royals, can have issues within the family. That's what makes them relatable and that's the big strength of a monarchy.
Admitting and dealing with that makes them role-models. Even if they fail.
Not admitting that and not dealing with these issues, makes them questionable. And that's where the republicans come in for real.

Republicans are after all not bogeymen, most are sincere in their convictions.
In fact I suspect quite a few royals of being republicans deep down, because they of all people know the flaws and the personal price of a monarchy. They of course also know they have an opportunity, few will ever get, to really make a difference by being royals.
republicans are the bogeymen

I agree with the idea that the CP couple should have taken steps to deal with Marius, but it sounds to me like they have been trying. After all, Marius himself says he has been to rehab in the past, so they must have confronted him about this previously and tried to get him help.

For all we know, perhaps the reason he has been living at Skaugum was their (failed) attempt to keep him a little closer and, hopefully, out of harm's way.

The fact that MM called one of the victims suggests that they are involved with Marius's life and know his friends. That could be a very concerning thing, since some of his friends allegedly are criminals, but it is a sign that they are engaged with him. (Her call still strikes me as a terrible lapse in judgment, but it's consistent with her other lapses in judgment.)

I'm not concerned about the supposed incident with the guard, since that comes from Marius, who would not be a very credible reporter in my mind. It doesn't take a big leap to imagine him blowing this up to try to seem cool.

The story about the gas card is concerning, because it shows that really bad people are moving freely around the CP family home. The fact that it went undetected for a year isn't surprising, since it could be a card that many have access to. But, we don't know what steps, if any, Haakon or his household manager took once they uncovered the incident.

There's a lot to criticize in terms of how they have or haven't reacted so far, but unless they speak out, we won't know their perspective. (And, I'd still be advising them to remain silent until the whole thing is wrapped up in court.)
do we know what mm call was about?

Back
Top Bottom