Marius Borg Høiby News & Current Events Part 1: December 2023 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Can’t do that if you can’t find an unbiased jury, can you?
A jury is, I believe, a very UK-US type of thing. The Netherlands does not have a jury-system, but use the judges themselves. I do not know what the system is in Norway.

Edit: I found my answer in a further comment.

Nettavisen writes about arrest at the cabin:
In a decision from the District Court, the police received the court's approval to search Marius, but Nettavisen has been refused access to this by the Oslo District Court. In the refusal, it also appears that they have not dealt with the issue of arrest and that the prosecution has decided this itself.
At the same time, they confirm that a request for a search has been processed, without writing anything in the rejection letter about what they concluded. The refusal also states that the police believe the investigation could suffer if the decision is made public. This is what district court judge Einar Aas writes in the refusal of access.
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
At Se og Hør
Marius' house gives him the opportunity to be by himself while being close to his family. Se og Hør knows that he has recently demolished the house and also on several occasions caused damage at Skaugum, which both the CP couple and the guards have known about. With recent revelations, as far as Se og Hør knows, security measures have been taken around Skaugum, and Marius' access to the property is said to have been restricted.
The CP couple must have had good reasons for having Marius living close to them. They can have control over him when he lives in Skaugum. While he lived in Oslo, there was wild partying and no control.
Sources tell that the CP couple have known about both the cocaine abuse and the violent behavior for a long time. In Marit-Marit's close circle people think that she has been naive in relation to her son and believed his explanations.

Program host Fredrik Solvang wants to have Mette-Marit and/or Haakon to his program "Debatten" to discuss the ongoing case.
- Right now it would be fine if the crown prince couple came. We have a lot to talk about. I think the crown princess, the crown prince or both can come. Everything that has happened around Marius and the family, of course we should have them as guests to talk about it.

Last edited:
:previous:There is so much to digest. So the adorable red house on the grounds of Skaugum is demolished, as in no longer there in the state we see it in, in the pictures? If so where has Marius been living? And, why not new aerial photos showing us the demolished house. I initially took the reports to mean that the inside of the red house was damaged i.e. "demolished", not the entire structure of the house. As for Skaugum, it has been damaged by Maurius and his friends with theft of silver removed with attempts to be sold. I do understand how a gas card could be stolen and not detected right away. My father owned a business where he lent me one of the gas cards while I was at university. The card is paid monthly along with other operational costs. It most likely wasn't detected until it came up for renewal and was then scrutinized.

There are so many facets to Marius's sociopathic behaviors it boggles the mind. I do feel some compassion for Haakon, perhaps less so for Mette-Marit. Trying to rein in a drug addicted criminal like Marius is near impossible without committing him to a psychiatric facility or prison long term. I can see why Haakon and Mette-Marit are not commenting more than they have currently, "it is very serious". They are doing the right thing by keeping their mouths' shut and letting law enforcement and the justice system play out. I will say... what was Mette-Marit thinking taking Marius shopping. :oops:

:previous:There is so much to digest. So the adorable red house on the grounds of Skaugum is demolished, as in no longer there in the state we see it in, in the pictures? If so where has Marius been living? And, why not new aerial photos showing us the demolished house. I initially took the reports to mean that the inside of the red house was damaged i.e. "demolished", not the entire structure of the house. As for Skaugum, it has been damaged by Maurius and his friends with theft of silver removed with attempts to be sold. I do understand how a gas card could be stolen and not detected right away. My father owned a business where he lent me one of the gas cards while I was at university. The card is paid monthly along with other operational costs. It most likely wasn't detected until it came up for renewal and was then scrutinized.

There are so many facets to Marius's sociopathic behaviors it boggles the mind. I do feel some compassion for Haakon, perhaps less so for Mette-Marit. Trying to rein in a drug addicted criminal like Marius is near impossible without committing him to a psychiatric facility or prison long term. I can see why Haakon and Mette-Marit are not commenting more than they have currently, "it is very serious". They are doing the right thing by keeping their mouths' shut and letting law enforcement and the justice system play out. I will say... what was Mette-Marit thinking taking Marius shopping. :oops:
Thrashed is a more apt translation. The house is still standing but the interior has been thrashed by Marius at least once.

I am cynical, but that's probably why MM and her son went shopping in a furniture store.
At least the press is going with the benign (or sympathetic) interpretation. also proposed by some TRF members here, that Haakon and MM let Marius live in the Skaugum estate so that they could better "control him".

Maybe it is true that his behavior would be even more problematic (and dangerous to himself and others) if Marius lived alone in Oslo, but "controlling him" at Skaugum didn't quite work, did it? And, furthermore, by keeping him in the estate, the CP couple indirectly allowed possible criminal activities to take place inside a royal residence guarded by the Norwegian armed forces and police, which is quite serious at a state level.

At least the press is going with the benign (or sympathetic) interpretation. also proposed by some TRF members here, that Haakon and MM let Marius live in the Skaugum estate so that they could better "control him".

Maybe it is true that his behavior would be even more problematic (and dangerous to himself and others) if Marius lived alone in Oslo, but "controlling him" at Skaugum didn't quite work, did it? And, furthermore, by keeping him in the estate, the CP couple indirectly allowed possible criminal activities to take place inside a royal residence guarded by the Norwegian armed forces and police, which is quite serious at a state level.
I think that having more control over him was the reason why they let him stay in the pretty house on their estate. But, you are right it didn't work, which means that he is indeed "unctrollable". What I really cannot understand is the fact that the guardians of the estate, armed forces and police, didn't intervene a long time ago because his parents were helpless and unable to manage Marius. It will be very interesting to learn how such a situation could have been covered up by official personnel who are being paid by the state. The question remains if it will come to the surface at all .

I think that having more control over him was the reason why they let him stay in the pretty house on their estate. But, you are right it didn't work, which means that he is indeed "unctrollable". What I really cannot understand is the fact that the guardians of the estate, armed forces and police, didn't intervene a long time ago because his parents were helpless and unable to manage Marius. It will be very interesting to learn how such a situation could have been covered up by official personnel who are being paid by the state. The question remains if it will come to the surface at all .

I think their aim may have been to contain the behaviour, rather than control it. If these reports are true, it would have become apparent quite quickly that Marius was out of control, at least some of the time. Haakon and Mette Marit may have decided it was better to have him out of control within the estate than out in public. By keeping him close they may have been trying to avoid situations like the one we’ve seen recently; Marius going on a rampage in his own space on their property is preferable to him assaulting his girlfriend and trashing her apartment. Clearly, that strategy isn’t working now, but it may have kept a lid on his behaviour for some time.

Which is all to say, as horrible as things are now, we don’t know how much worse they could have been if Marius’s parents had left him to his own devices and not tried to provide some level of protection.

Nettavisen's royal expert Tove Taalesen's column, she writes among other things:
Let's hope little sister no longer looks up to big brother. If he is a dangerous role model, it can have major consequences. Especially for IA. It will be very difficult, if not impossible, to become Queen if you allow yourself to be influenced to not comply with Norwegian laws and regulations.
Marius is a privileged man with all the possibilities, but has chosen to give up in whatever role he has. (..)

Norwegian's ( included me), are sick of Taalesen now. She need to stop. All she wants is stay relevant, by writing incredibly stupid things!

One of the reasons why Marius is out of control is because he is allowed to.
There are no consequences, probably never were.

If he thrashed his homes out in the real world, he'd soon be homeless. And perhaps that's what it takes. He'll soon run out of couches to crash on, and then he's on the street.

He's 27. If he need psychiatric care, then he needs to be committed, and that should be possible. Especially for the NRF. By force if need be.
If he on the other hand is an immature, entitled little piece of... I mean personage, who has never really been told no and never felt any real consequences then kick him out and let him fend for himself.
Mette Marit and Haakon can't shelter him for the rest of his life - in Mette Marit's case literally! Nor should they.

If he crashes, so be it. He may be able to climb back again and learn something on the way. He is already well on his way on a self-destructive path and if he doesn't get either a serious reality check or is committed by force, he's likely to end up in prison for many years, getting himself killed in an accident, die from an overdose or getting himself killed by someone else.

If he is getting totally out of control, that means he is getting dangerous and typically those you direct your anger towards are those closest to you - among other because they will tend to forgive you.
The gun Marius was photographed posing with that wasn't a prop-gun, that was the real thing. I'm now sure of that. I mean, come on, a tough gangster like Marius isn't going to pose with a prop-gun. That wouldn't fit his self-image.

And the argument about keeping hims at Skaugum to keep some control over him. I don't buy that.
They kept him at Skaugum in order for him not to embarrass the NRF and in an attempt to keep a lid on this.
If they wanted to keep him under control, why didn't they prevent his criminal friends from going there? Why didn't they tell the police officers on duty at Skaugum to subdue Marius whenever he felt like smashing up the place? Or a private security company? Why didn't they get him committed by force? A man who is smashing up his home in a fit of uncontrollable rage is obviously having a psychotic episode of some sort.
No, IMO, Mette Marit and Haakon did what they always do: nothing. Burying their heads in the sand and hoped it would pass. Well, it didn't and it won't.

I think it's now about time the Norwegian government (and by extension the Parliament) steps in and basically tell the NRF to fix this and provide help and guidelines to how that could be done - or ditch Marius altogether.

If Mette Marit for example can't accept that, she can move in with Marius somewhere, preferably an island far away from Oslo.

Last edited:
The cocktail of drugs that Marius had in his blood can have major consequences.
Senior doctor Jelena Staalstrøm at the drug reception and detoxification at Oslo University Hospital says that it can be risky to mix narcotic substances.
- It can affect both circulation and respiration. It can cause major health damage. Some drugs can be deadly to mix.
She says also that many people don't have enough knowledge about the effects of mixing drugs, but that people try anyway. You have a certain expectation of what kind of effect you hope it will produce, and many tests to see what they achieve.

They should have just let him hit rock bottom sooner, if they couldn’t manage the situation, to facilitate treatment or correction. Followed up by a swift statement expressing sadness and disappointment would make anyone, even those with a heart of stone very sympathetic. It’s hard to let your children fall, but if that’s what it, then I’m afraid there’s not much choice.

One of the reasons why Marius is out of control is because he is allowed to.
There are no consequences, probably never were.

If he thrashed his homes out in the real world, he'd soon be homeless. And perhaps that's what it takes. He'll soon run out of couches to crash on, and then he's on the street.

He's 27. If he need psychiatric care, then he needs to be committed, and that should be possible. Especially for the NRF. By force if need be.
If he on the other hand is an immature, entitled little piece of... I mean personage, who has never really been told no and never felt any real consequences then kick him out and let him fend for himself.
Mette Marit and Haakon can't shelter him for the rest of his life - in Mette Marit's case literally! Nor should they.

If he crashes, so be it. He may be able to climb back again and learn something on the way. He is already well on his way on a self-destructive path and if he doesn't get either a serious reality check or is committed by force, he's likely to end up in prison for many years, getting himself killed in an accident, die from an overdose or getting himself killed by someone else.

If he is getting totally out of control, that means he is getting dangerous and typically those you direct your anger towards are those closest to you - among other because they will tend to forgive you.
The gun Marius was photographed posing with that wasn't a prop-gun, that was the real thing. I'm now sure of that. I mean, come on, a tough gangster like Marius isn't going to pose with a prop-gun. That wouldn't fit his self-image.

And the argument about keeping hims at Skaugum to keep some control over him. I don't buy that.
They kept him at Skaugum in order for him not to embarrass the NRF and in an attempt to keep a lid on this.
If they wanted to keep him under control, why didn't they prevent his criminal friends from going there? Why didn't they tell the police officers on duty at Skaugum to subdue Marius whenever he felt like smashing up the place? Or a private security company? Why didn't they get him committed by force? A man who is smashing up his home in a fit of uncontrollable rage is obviously having a psychotic episode of some sort.
No, IMO, Mette Marit and Haakon did what they always do: nothing. Burying their heads in the sand and hoped it would pass. Well, it didn't and it won't.

I think it's now about time the Norwegian government (and by extension the Parliament) steps in and basically tell the NRF to fix this and provide help and guidelines to how that could be done - or ditch Marius altogether.

If Mette Marit for example can't accept that, she can move in with Marius somewhere, preferably an island far away from Oslo.
You are so right Muhler in so many points, sadly to say. As a woman with children, one of which is also a bit difficult (but by no means so as Marius) I always try to imagine to be in their shoes. Maybe that is the reason why I always try to understand their reactions. But you are probably right in the assumption, that they kept him at Skaugum to not to embarass the NRF. They simply didn't care enough to prevent his criminal friends from going there. And that again, puts the question to me: Why did they not give orders or instructions to the police officers on duty at Skaugum to simply not let any shady people enter their estate?
I totally agree about it's time that the Government and Parliament steps in. Are there any reactions so far?
That is something very strange to me, as this affair has been going on for so long now.

Sure, they had him at Skaugum to "control" him, certainly not to enable him and keep giving him all the entitlement he has grown use to. That's why they let him have free range to a diplomatic passport, and a little Italian holiday just recently. To control him.
He does damage to royal property, almost takes out a guard, and the Crown Prince Couple do nothing?? Does Haakon have blinders on? This is a college educated man with the best resources at his disposal. They "work" with all kinds of organizations that help the vulnerable, etc. and he couldn't check his notes on what to do?
It seems clear they were just hiding everything to keep up their perfect united family PR image. More afraid of some criticism then actually doing anything. The entitlement is not only with Marius.

Back
Top Bottom